Rudeness!!!!

JillC LI

That's SO ridiculous! I wouldn't have moved off that chair! I bet that woman still feels like she was right, too. :fork:

I was in the MK last Wednesday, and came across some rude people. Mostly in the form of larger groups trying to cut in line at Pirates. You know how wide the queue is, right? Well, 2 different groups (one of teenagers and another a large Hispanic family) kept trying to sneak by us at every turn. My parents were just going to let them go, but not me! :ROFLOL: I made my parents help me form a barrier, and I took the side they were trying to get by on. I'm a tall girl, and they were NOT getting by me. Well, a few already had, but I was not letting the rest through. They even pushed me a bit, but I made myself as big as possible and pushed back, while giving them the evil eye. finally the ones who had cut already slunk back when they realized the others weren't making it. It was too crowded for me to put up with that stuff. I wasn't letting these idiots make my family be in line one minute more than we were supposed to be. And for two totally separate groups to be attempting to cut in front of us at the same time... my head almost exploded! :hammer:

Yeah, you couldn't have gotten me off that chair with a crow bar!

I love your line cutting barrier story. That totally sounds like something I would have (and have) done. Good for you.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I don't know if this situation qualifies as rude, but here I go. Last year when I went, I was in line for Soarin' at Epcot. There were a bunch of idiots in front of us. They kept passing gas loudly (and not to mention it stunk) and were just loud and obnoxious in general. I wanted to say something, but I kept my mouth shut and somehow restrained myself.

Britt

I don't know if this situation qualifies as rude, but here I go. Last year when I went, I was in line for Soarin' at Epcot. There were a bunch of idiots in front of us. They kept passing gas loudly (and not to mention it stunk) and were just loud and obnoxious in general. I wanted to say something, but I kept my mouth shut and somehow restrained myself.
OMG OH hell no! I'd have found a cast member!! That is beyond rude and Id be livid!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Ok, that woman in the original post is terrible! (Sorry, just getting on this thread now.)

Our pet peeve is when you go into a fast food restaurant, food court, etc. where all the tables are full, and there are people sitting at tables without their food yet, with someone on line waiting to buy the food. You've already got your food and are walking around looking for a table with none in sight. Don't sit at a table until you've got your food!!!! This is how these places are designed to work, and when people hold tables but don't have their food yet, it greatly reduces the number of usable tables. We had a semi-altercation with a family that was doing this (not at WDW), and finally the table next to them opened up so we could sit down. Before the other family's food even arrived we were finished eating, so those people held a table for no reason during the entire time we ate our meal. I'm a little worried we'll encounter this at the food courts, etc. at WDW.

Holding pool chairs by putting your towels on them is totally bogus, unless you've been actively using the chairs and have just juped ino the pool, etc. I'm glad to hear the CMs try to curb this a bit.

My wife and I always go through this when we're in these type of restaurants both in WDW and in the real world.

She always looks around at the seating then the line and starts to panic -

"should I go save a table!??"
I look at her and say -
"when was the last time we ate a meal standing up?"

You may not get the best seating in the world, but like you said....that's the way these places were designed. If everyone just stays in line you'll have a seat by the time you get done in line.

However these knuckleheads that save tables mess this whole formula up.
Which makes me nervous about the 1 time I dish out my clever little quip to my wife and then we end up not having a place to sit!! God help me.

AintNoOtherMan

Once in AK, we were going to Kali. So this other family were just standing in front of the queue, searching for their fastpasses. One woman was in a scooter. Well, we had our fastpasses ready. I admit that they were there first, but they weren't ready to get in line, and they were taking their sweet time finding their fastpasses. They seemed to be in no hurry to find them quickly, either. As I said, we had our fastpasses ready, so we went ahead. The other family thought that they owned the right and told us we had to wait. My parents (I was 8 and just stood there innocently) argued with them and said that because they weren't ready, that we didn't need to wait on them. Well, it didn't end there. The lady with a scooter tried to run me over with her scooter. Oh, was my mom mad then. I'm just thankful we weren't on the same raft. How awkward would that have been!

Patrick_Ears

This was a few years back, me and the family was leaving MK late and it was sort of crowded. We were waiting for the bus to bring us back to Pop Century. Anyway they had this family with children ahead of us, just as the bus arrived this lady in this ECV came out of nowhere and hit the woman on the back of leg. Of course the poor lady was like hey what the.... The older lady said in a smart way "ohh I’m sorry". I stared at her with a mean look because she turned at her husband walking with her with this ha ha look. Let’s just say she knew i would have gone off the wall with her. I felt bad for this young woman she was like rubbing her leg all the way there.

WDW 3

Ok, that woman in the original post is terrible! (Sorry, just getting on this thread now.)

Our pet peeve is when you go into a fast food restaurant, food court, etc. where all the tables are full, and there are people sitting at tables without their food yet, with someone on line waiting to buy the food. You've already got your food and are walking around looking for a table with none in sight. Don't sit at a table until you've got your food!!!! This is how these places are designed to work, and when people hold tables but don't have their food yet, it greatly reduces the number of usable tables. We had a semi-altercation with a family that was doing this (not at WDW), and finally the table next to them opened up so we could sit down. Before the other family's food even arrived we were finished eating, so those people held a table for no reason during the entire time we ate our meal. I'm a little worried we'll encounter this at the food courts, etc. at WDW.

Holding pool chairs by putting your towels on them is totally bogus, unless you've been actively using the chairs and have just jumped ino the pool, etc. I'm glad to hear the CMs try to curb this a bit.

I'll have to disagree. I dislike the order queues full of people when it's more efficient for 1 or 2 people to place the order and bring it to the waiting family. The bigger problem for me is all the people that get up and leave a mess that needs to be cleaned up/thrown away. I wish people would pick up after themselves so you can sit at a clean table instead of waiting for a CM or doing it yourself. It would certainly make things run faster/smoother.

jkl2000

I'll have to disagree. I dislike the order queues full of people when it's more efficient for 1 or 2 people to place the order and bring it to the waiting family.

The people in the party don't all have to be in the queue, though. They can be off to the side waiting for their food to be ready, and then for a table to open up.

jkl2000

Uh, have you seen the size of the waiting areas? It would be ridiculous for 50-100 people to be clumped up around the ordering/pickup area as opposed to sitting at tables.

I don't really care where they wait, as long as they're not taking up a table if their food isn't ready yet. I really meant they should wait back around where the tables are - wherever you would stand to scope out a table.

Britt

My wife and I always go through this when we're in these type of restaurants both in WDW and in the real world.

She always looks around at the seating then the line and starts to panic -

"should I go save a table!??"
I look at her and say -
"when was the last time we ate a meal standing up?"

You may not get the best seating in the world, but like you said....that's the way these places were designed. If everyone just stays in line you'll have a seat by the time you get done in line.

However these knuckleheads that save tables mess this whole formula up.
Which makes me nervous about the 1 time I dish out my clever little quip to my wife and then we end up not having a place to sit!! God help me.
You know you jinxed it Shookie!!! You may be eating next to the trash cans next time!! ;)

draybook

I don't really care where they wait, as long as they're not taking up a table if their food isn't ready yet. I really meant they should wait back around where the tables are - wherever you would stand to scope out a table.

Well, I'd venture that the average time between ordering your food and sitting down at a table to be somewhere between 4-7 minutes. I hardly think that if I wasn't sitting there you and your(in general) family would sit down, finish eating, and leave in those 4-7 minutes.

Besides, like I said in the thread about this specific topic, when we've gone during busy seasons in March they had CM's directing not only the incoming traffic but also the people going to sit down and eat. They would literally hold you at the dining area entrance until there was a free table. I think we may have waited 2-3 minutes each time.

graphite1326

I am confused now... Being from NJ I guess I should just stop my bad habit of stopping the line cutters from getting in front of us and idiots saving pool chairs all morning. I guess on my next trip, I will just pull my kids along to the front of the lines as I say I am from NJ and all of us act idiotic and rude.

Way to paint with that broad brush... there are rude folks from everywhere. Take a look nearby... one can't be too far!!!
Well I live in an area where alot of NJ people seem to like to move to. That and people from Phily. Yes alot of people from NJ and Phily are very rude.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
You know you jinxed it Shookie!!! You may be eating next to the trash cans next time!! ;)

Dontcha just know it Britt!!??? FACT!

Speaking of eating "near" trash cans .........at the F&WF last year...I had myself a good ol' fashioned buzz on by the time I got to the UK pavillion, While waiting for my wife to return from the ladies room, I ordered myself a cold beverage and some fine morsel of food to sample from the kiosk and proceeded to find a flat surface to eat on. My wife returns from the loo and looks at me and says "eating from trash cans now are we?" I looked down and I had a whole table setting down on top of the trash can...
I looked at her shrugged, said "eh.." and proceed to finish my "meal". She stood clear of me until I was done.

OK back to whatever everyone else was talking about.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
When it was just adults on our trip we would all order then I would go gather up utensils, napkins etc. and find a seat. Shortly there after my husband would show up with the food. On our last trip I would get a seat right away. There was always a production having to find a highchair get my kids settled etc. As they get bigger it doesn't take as much to get them ready to eat though, no more high chairs,bibs etc and my 4 year old can help gather up things.

During busy times Disney does make groups stay together and have their food before sitting down.

Epicpilot

Honestly, I LOVE messing with people on queue who are trying to get passed us or go right behind me. What I like to do is find clever ways of doing it if they are trying to be clever and get passed me. What I like more though is whenever I'm at the world and all the people there are trying to get passed me. The reason why is that I am ex FBI so I ware a shirt that I use to jog or something or show my arms so whenever someone is being annoying I simply just turn around and say "Excuse me, can you please stop, thanks." It always leaves a "Don't F@!& with me" look, works, every time...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Okay, so we went this past weekend to WDW for a family friend's wedding. We went Fri -Sun. Saturday afternoon, me, my mother, and my 8th month decide to go to the kiddie pool (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We go about 1:30pm and it's packed. Every chair has a towel/clothes, etc. on it. My mom stands under a tree while we play in the pool. After about 20 min. the pool attendant comes and cleans off the majority of the towels on the chairs not being used. i motion to my mother. She sits down and then my father comes to join us. Well after about 10 min. A lady walks up and bluntly tells my mother that she reserved the table and all those chairs with her towels and magazines and she wants to know where they are at? My mom states that the attendant took up the towels and her magazines. She then proceeds to tell us that she has reserved the area since 8am for when she came back from the park! WHAT????? Finally my mom just got up and left before she became confrontational. You can't reserve a giant section at any pool at 8am go to a park and expect it to be there when you get back. Am I wrong? She was so rude and inconsiderate. It's Disney on Easter weekend, SHARE!!! Anyone else deal with rude people at WDW?

Well, My Magic Plus will allow you to reserve your poolside tables/chairs 60 days in advance using a convenient and always operable website or tablet/phone app!

Obviously you hadn't been briefed that she was using this feature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom