Rudeness!!!!

WDW 3

I hate it when people leave the pool and leave towels all over. On the chairs, ground and on top of the towel return instead of in the towel return. And I am not complaining about when the towel return if full, I can see it's full. You never know if the chairs are available or taken (or saved. ha). But, some people are pigs .... and thats another topic.

glee

Okay, so we went this past weekend to WDW for a family friend's wedding. We went Fri -Sun. Saturday afternoon, me, my mother, and my 8th month decide to go to the kiddie pool (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We go about 1:30pm and it's packed. Every chair has a towel/clothes, etc. on it. My mom stands under a tree while we play in the pool. After about 20 min. the pool attendant comes and cleans off the majority of the towels on the chairs not being used. i motion to my mother. She sits down and then my father comes to join us. Well after about 10 min. A lady walks up and bluntly tells my mother that she reserved the table and all those chairs with her towels and magazines and she wants to know where they are at? My mom states that the attendant took up the towels and her magazines. She then proceeds to tell us that she has reserved the area since 8am for when she came back from the park! WHAT????? Finally my mom just got up and left before she became confrontational. You can't reserve a giant section at any pool at 8am go to a park and expect it to be there when you get back. Am I wrong? She was so rude and inconsiderate. It's Disney on Easter weekend, SHARE!!! Anyone else deal with rude people at WDW?

That is sooo rude! Im stubborn and would not have moved. :ROFLOL:

I think its rude when people in electric wheelchairs beep at you. An excuse me would be nicer! :mad:

Master__Gracey

The line cutting infuriates me to no end. I was in line for the Great Movie Ride and there was a family of 4 behind me. They kept trying to get past me at every chance they could. It was to the point they would tell their kids to go under the hand rails and then they would try to walk up to them. Finally after a few minutes of stare-off, they just let out a big sigh and said "fine". They proceeded to walk out of line and leave the ride. They really left the ride just because they had to wait like everyone else! Drives me nuts. :fork:

protiius

Being that it was at WDW, and I can get worked up about stuff during the rest of my life, I would've let it slide and moved on.

PurpleDragon

Line cutters and people that smoke in line are the 2 things at WDW that infuriate me the most. The rest I just let slide, I'll still hold doors for people, even if they don't say thank you. If I've helped make their vacation a little brighter (even if they didn't notice) then hey it works for me. :p

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's probably not healthy, but I LOVE ing people off when they're trying to cut in line. It's the same dark satisfaction I get when I read Family Circus and think about how utterly stupid it is, or when I watch horrible people lose at reality shows and cry about it. :fork::D

glee

It's probably not healthy, but I LOVE ing people off when they're trying to cut in line. It's the same dark satisfaction I get when I read Family Circus and think about how utterly stupid it is, or when I watch horrible people lose at reality shows and cry about it. :fork::D

:fork::fork::fork::goodnevil Me too!!!!

If they want to be rude they deserve it!!!
Its in some peoples nature :D:lol::D

Todd L

After a horrible rain storm last trip to Ak. The Lines for the resort buses were insane.........esp. ours (pofq) people were waiting and waiting and after a little while this group of 4 or 5 people in front of us wave their friends forward..........18-19 people come from the back of the line and try to cut the rest of us..........before I could say anything a group of people said "NO F@#$%^%$ Way youre cutting the line" This girl says "we all want to ride the bus together" To which the guy replys "Then take Your A$$ to the end of the line with your friends"

when they get back to the place in line they abandoned the people back there told 'em No way you getting back in line so to the end of the line they went complaining all the way....We had to wait so does everyone else Tough luck....take a cab or rent a car if you dont like it.

I would never have the nerve to act like im entitled to do this kinda stuff.

Todd L

Have to say though, americans are not exempt from this either. We were walking along the 'looooooong' queue to get into Finding Nemo: The Musical, where this mother-daughter combo walked up our heels the whole time then even as we were going in the door, walked in front of us, and ran down the front, then realised they couldn't get down there and tried to push in front of us again.

Unfortunately, rudeness us a multi-national thing. Interestingly, I notice quite often, and this must be a cultural thing but here in the UK, I always hold the door open for people and when they walk through, they say thanks. It's not a biggie, but it's nice when someone says thanks.

This year when we were out I notcied a lot of people just walk straight through the door like I'm some sort of door man. This one time at Premium Outlets, I actually got a reaction. I held the door open for a guy coming out of the character warehouse who just walked through with his kid, not even acknowledging, so I did the international 'what gives' gesture and he actually responded and went....'oh thanks'. Maybe not a biggy but it's a pet peeve!

Rudeness, Like stupidity knows no borders....

WDW 3

Unfortunately she probably did a fist pump and thought she was justified not a . She got her way too bad there was no lesson learned.

LoriMistress

LOL. I'm that way too. I'm the kind of person that I'll annoy someone just out of spite if they cut in front of me, rude, push, etc.

LucyintheSky

Unfortunately she probably did a fist pump and thought she was justified not a . She got her way too bad there was no lesson learned.

Exactly my feelings. It probably just encouraged her to act that way again, since, in her mind, she "won".

Though I think the OP's mom was smart to just leave and avoid the idiot altogether. I however, don't think I would have had the self control to let such a jerk get exactly what she wants. :fork:

DABIGCHEEZ

What a great time we had at the Boardwalk pool this weekend after an early morning spent rushing through those parks. So relaxing!!! My wife did say some crazy women came by about 1:45ish and tried to claim our chairs. And she even took her mags, too! The NERVE!!! :ROFLOL:

Actually would have just basically smiled at her and told her she would have to take it up with the attendant.
Oh and no teen groups/Brazilian/foreigners/WT or others cut us when we are on line at any parks... Disney or otherwise. I have caught many a group of teens trying to pull this and I make them tell their friends to come back to them or they will not be riding together. Mom or Dad with toddler or pre-teen is a different story though...I've been there!:D

Tinkermommy

Although my 5 year old usually points out things in an embarrassingly loud voice when we are out in public, it actually works to our advantage when he notices people trying to cut in line and loudly yells, "Mommy those people are trying to get in front of us!" Who is going to pick a fight with a 5 year old?

I probably would have lost it with the pool lady :fork: It's like the person on the plane who is sitting in your aisle seat and makes a big deal about having to move when you ask him politely to move over to his own seat. :mad:

Courtney1188

Haha, I'm the same way! Once I see people trying to cut in line it's like okay, you want to play that game? And then I do everything in my power to physically make sure they cannot get past me, and making loud comments about line cutters and how people need to wait their turn. I get way too happy when they get very aggravated and finally give up. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom