Rudeness!!!!

Raven66

I'm really non confrontational so I probably would have walked away too. But it would also depend on hot I was. haha

A few yrs ago when my daughter was 5 it was our first trip and we had driven that year. Well, we were waiting for the tram to take us to our car. My hubby was in line next to us. The tram came and as her and I were walking up to get into the seat these two adults, a man and a woman, came flying past and pushed my daughter back and threw themselves into the seat. I started yelling because they had laid hands on my kid. I was fuming. They refused to look at me. I was still yelling at them as the tram pulled away. But I never threw out a swear word because there was kids all around. Of course we had to wait for the next tram because all the seats were taken.

disneysroyal411

but they called it first.........:lookaroun

Your comment made me laugh! Haha!

My first and main offense of extreme rudeness is when I had my iPod Touch stolen from me last year by room service when we went for a swim and they came and took it. Didn't notice this had happened until the day we were leaving and had most of our stuff packed in the car.:cry:

Figment1986

If I've went to the pool by myself at the resort i'll throw a towel on a chair whilst i'm in the pool.

:shrug: I see no problem, but if you leave the pool area then pack up and take it with you leaving the same opportunity for another guest to have a chair by the pool. During those rare times I go to a pool, its what I do...

:shrug: I see no problem, but if you leave the pool area then pack up and take it with you leaving the same opportunity for another guest to have a chair by the pool. During those rare times I go to a pool, its what I do...

I don't think i'd ever leave my stuff at the pool if I wasn't there.

Susan Savia

What is it the with Pirates ride. Nearly every year we go and are in line for the ride, somebody 'needs' to cut past us in line??? Well wee long time ago stopped letting it happen. Our family knows how to stretch out.....

The Empress Lilly

Okay, so we went this past weekend to WDW for a family friend's wedding. We went Fri -Sun. Saturday afternoon, me, my mother, and my 8th month decide to go to the kiddie pool (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We go about 1:30pm and it's packed. Every chair has a towel/clothes, etc. on it. My mom stands under a tree while we play in the pool. After about 20 min. the pool attendant comes and cleans off the majority of the towels on the chairs not being used. i motion to my mother. She sits down and then my father comes to join us. Well after about 10 min. A lady walks up and bluntly tells my mother that she reserved the table and all those chairs with her towels and magazines and she wants to know where they are at? My mom states that the attendant took up the towels and her magazines. She then proceeds to tell us that she has reserved the area since 8am for when she came back from the park! WHAT????? Finally my mom just got up and left before she became confrontational. You can't reserve a giant section at any pool at 8am go to a park and expect it to be there when you get back. Am I wrong? She was so rude and inconsiderate. It's Disney on Easter weekend, SHARE!!! Anyone else deal with rude people at WDW?
Sorry, but you are obviously wrong here.

Me, I knew already yesterday that I would go to work today. Therefore, last night, I set about placing 'stop' signs, and 'do not drive here' at all the road crossing I'd have to cross this morning, that the entire town knows they can not use these roads and will have to wait for me to drive to work unhindered.

Like this chair woman, I hate it when the rest of the world does not comply. If they have a problem with it, they should've claimed the entire road for themselves before I thought about it. :mad:

bgraham34

Sorry, but you are obviously wrong here.

Me, I knew already yesterday that I would go to work today. Therefore, last night, I set about placing 'stop' signs, and 'do not drive here' at all the road crossing I'd have to cross this morning, that the entire town knows they can not use these roads and will have to wait for me to drive to work unhindered.

Like this chair woman, I hate it when the rest of the world does not comply. If they have a problem with it, they should've claimed the entire road for themselves before I thought about it. :mad:

I think the same way but no with the pool though. :ROFLOL:

Maddog57

So That's Why

I have been going to WDW and staying on property for many years. Every time I go to the pool there are always chairs covered with towels appearing as if they are reserved, but not enough people in the pool to equal all of the reserved chairs. I had no idea (seriously) that someone would even consider attempting to reserve some pool seats and then leave to go to the parks. This certainly explains a lot.

LucyintheSky

What is it the with Pirates ride. Nearly every year we go and are in line for the ride, somebody 'needs' to cut past us in line??? Well wee long time ago stopped letting it happen. Our family knows how to stretch out.....

Yep. I also have issues in the Soarin' queue. I'm in epcot nearly every weekend, but I've only ridden Soarin' once in like 3 years, even though I ADORE the ride, because of the queue. I am never in the park early enough to get a FP, and even when there are times I wouldn't mind waiting, I won't. It's that most of it is just so wide, and I'm usually alone. The times I've attempted the standby line in the past, I've gotten so angry and frustrated with people passing me constantly, moving into the empty space around me, and getting their whole group ahead... I just won't do it anymore. When you're only one person, it's hard to spread out! I've ended up at least 10 families/groups behind where I started out. I try to just let it go, but it really stresses me, so I'd rather not put myself through it. It's really a bummer for me, because I really do love Soarin'. I really wish they had kept the single rider line on that. Did they ever actually use it? I remember one was built in when it opened, but I never actually saw it being used, and eventually they just got rid of it.

musketeer

How is it that people get in their heads the idea of "I paid xxx amount of money, I should get to do yyy whenever I want."

Do they not realize that EVERYONE else paid their own money to be there as well?

Do they not realize that if EVERYONE had that attitude, then the world would be a miserable place?

LucyintheSky

How is it that people get in their heads the idea of "I paid xxx amount of money, I should get to do yyy whenever I want."

Do they not realize that EVERYONE else paid their own money to be there as well?

Do they not realize that if EVERYONE had that attitude, then the world would be a miserable place?

That's just it... they don't think that way. People like that ONLY care about themselves.

COPfan

Worst I have ever seen was last September. I was waiting for the rest of my party and I was standing outside our room at CBR overlooking the pool. I woman was sunbathing and her 3 to 4 year old son was in the pool. I watched as he climbed out of the pool and went to her obviously having to go to the bathroom. Now the pool area was empty but for her and her kid, no chance at losing the chair. She directed her son to the outdoor shower/drain and told him repeatedly with gestures to just ______ there. ??? She couldn't get up and take him to the restroom? Disgusting.

Figment632

You know what people everywhere are rude I don't even bother to hold doors or say excuse me anymore. Most people just give you a dirty look if you do.

rsoxguy

You know what people everywhere are rude I don't even bother to hold doors or say excuse me anymore. Most people just give you a dirty look if you do.

Let them give you the look. Keep on holding doors and saying "excuse me". Don't ever allow the darkness of others to diminish your light.

Wishes 1971

That's SO ridiculous! I wouldn't have moved off that chair! I bet that woman still feels like she was right, too. :fork:

I was in the MK last Wednesday, and came across some rude people. Mostly in the form of larger groups trying to cut in line at Pirates. You know how wide the queue is, right? Well, 2 different groups (one of teenagers and another a large Hispanic family) kept trying to sneak by us at every turn. My parents were just going to let them go, but not me! :ROFLOL: I made my parents help me form a barrier, and I took the side they were trying to get by on. I'm a tall girl, and they were NOT getting by me. Well, a few already had, but I was not letting the rest through. They even pushed me a bit, but I made myself as big as possible and pushed back, while giving them the evil eye. finally the ones who had cut already slunk back when they realized the others weren't making it. It was too crowded for me to put up with that stuff. I wasn't letting these idiots make my family be in line one minute more than we were supposed to be. And for two totally separate groups to be attempting to cut in front of us at the same time... my head almost exploded! :hammer:
We found a way to make a “game” out of a similar experience at Pirates. My family (16 of us) can make quite a wall…….During one visit, a foreign tourist group was trying to weasel past everyone in line. We decided to “play along”! We would form a diagonal barrier as we got to the turns, and make it seem as though they were going to make it past our group. The inside line would be the farthest forward, and the outside wall would be the part of our group that “lagged behind”. Their group took the bait, and would crowd right in behind the front of our group, and would move past most of us. When it came time to turn the corner, our outside group would move forward, and the people on the inside would not move, thus locking those crowding in place. After we made the turn, the “fun” began again!!!! Amazingly, they never stopped trying to get around us…….

LucyintheSky

We found a way to make a “game” out of a similar experience at Pirates. My family (16 of us) can make quite a wall…….During one visit, a foreign tourist group was trying to weasel past everyone in line. We decided to “play along”! We would form a diagonal barrier as we got to the turns, and make it seem as though they were going to make it past our group. The inside line would be the farthest forward, and the outside wall would be the part of our group that “lagged behind”. Their group took the bait, and would crowd right in behind the front of our group, and would move past most of us. When it came time to turn the corner, our outside group would move forward, and the people on the inside would not move, thus locking those crowding in place. After we made the turn, the “fun” began again!!!! Amazingly, they never stopped trying to get around us…….

Ha! Hilarious! I wish we had enough people to do that! I found the same thing, though, that they just kept trying and trying, though the entire queue. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom