Rudeness!!!!

westie

I think you have to expect rudeness because of the price we pay for the vacation. You payed and you want your moneys worth. I expect to run into idiots so its no shock to me. but, I will share a good idiot story with you.

We were in the MK's frontierland looking for a quick bite. We got our food and headed into a very crowded room to try and find a seat which, there was one left. As we approached this rotund woman comes running past us and physically dove onto the table as if to claim it as her own. I said nothing, just gave her the idiot look because, with a simple left turn were several more tables. As her party was large and ours small and the fact they had one little table, I made my wife and daughter each sit at their own table facing the other group. Actually, I was praying that they'd want to move and try and say something to my family. Luckily for the both of us they stayed put. You just have to expect it.:lol::cry:

harveyt0206

That goes beyond typical rudeness. That person has a very unfortunate sense of entitlement. The kind that allows her to think that her time, money and comfort is more important than any other person there trying to enjoy the pool.

What a shame. Hopefully it didn't put too much of a damper on your day.

That goes beyond typical rudeness. That person has a very unfortunate sense of entitlement. The kind that allows her to think that her time, money and comfort is more important than any other person there trying to enjoy the pool.

What a shame. Hopefully it didn't put too much of a damper on your day.

Which brings me to a point. I'm amazed when I walk around resorts. I used to always think it was high rollers with millions near enough that stayed in places like the Grand Floridian and The Beach Club (probably because I can't afford to) but we've now started going around for walks at different resorts and are amazed that nearly everyone is just the same and it's just like being at any other resort.

mickey2008.1

I agree matt, amricans are not exempt, especially the teenagers and tweeners. The door thing, i hate when i get stuck holding the door for more than 5 people. Holding chairs for 3-4 hours is absurd. How wabout the people who have someone stand in line and then wave them up, gotta love em.

Unibits

One of my wifes favourite things to say at times like this. This is so fitting. "Don't expect anything from a pig but a grunt!:)

Cheers

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I agree matt, amricans are not exempt, especially the teenagers and tweeners. The door thing, i hate when i get stuck holding the door for more than 5 people. Holding chairs for 3-4 hours is absurd. How wabout the people who have someone stand in line and then wave them up, gotta love em.
You can actually inform a CM if line cutting is going on and they will handle it. I've even seen CM's send the offending group to the back of the line!

Tigger#1

I have read on other sites where people will do the same thing at the water parks. One of them had an entire shelter littered with thier stuff to keep people out while they took up all the near by chairs to soak up some sun.:shrug:

love disney

Isn't it in the rules, you cannot reserve chairs? If not then I'm going to go over and reserve my chair at the pool for my june visit now :lookaroun

Good idea. I'm actually going wake up super early and go and reserve chairs at all the pools I am going to be pool hopping to. I figure 2 chairs at 4 pools every day of my stay should cover it. haha! :ROFLOL:

Seriously though, that is rude, as is the line cutting and not saying thank you when a door is held open for you. I was brought up with good manners, including holding the door for people, and am amazed at how many people don't have the courtesy to say thank you. At times I have held out my hand as if asking for a tip like a door man! That usually gets a few good looks and then people realize they should have said thanks.

Rinx

It isn't just rudeness, it's STUPIDITY! You want to know what my pet peeve is? Stupid people!! I can't stand it or help but think "Where do these people come from?" No, I'm not a misanthropist. Well, at least not yet :lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have read on other sites where people will do the same thing at the water parks. One of them had an entire shelter littered with thier stuff to keep people out while they took up all the near by chairs to soak up some sun.:shrug:
Actually, you can book a cabana for the entire day at the water parks [for a fee]. There's nothing stopping a group that has one booked from going outside it to tan.

Nikki M

One year when we were in line at Caseys Corner in MK, I had a man and woman push me into the line chain to get ahead of me when I was pregnant. They were tall (I'm short, 5'2") and we were in line for quite a while. They kept moving closer and closer to me, forcing me into the chain. When I said "excuse me", they pushed ahead and said "wait your turn", like I was a kid trying to cut in line. I had been ahead of them the entire time. I stepped back b/c I seriously thought they might push me over. I was so flabbergasted and embarrased. I mean, it's a hotdog people!

On another note, my pet peeve is when people block the walk way between Canada and future world in Epcot and walk as slllooow as they can.

Tigger#1

Actually, you can book a cabana for the entire day at the water parks [for a fee]. There's nothing stopping a group that has one booked from going outside it to tan.
From what was said in the post they didn't book anything they just commandeered it and the CM on duty ignored the family with the small children trying to get a few moments out of the sun.

I wasn't there just read someone elses experience.:cool:

Courtney1188

Anywhere you have customers, you also have customers being rude/stupid. Try notalwaysright.com if you want some particularly amusing stories on this!

I would of laughed at her and explained that no, she is not actually that special that she gets to reserve tables and chairs for whenever she feels like stopping by the pool.

crazydaveh

I would have told her that I got to the pool at 7:55 this morning and made a super double secret reservation for the entire pool and she and everyone else would have to leave now that I'm back from the park!

Seriously, people do think their own thing, but crazy. Next time, tell her the bartender over at Y&B Club has her magazines, that will keep her busy for at least a few hours!

my BIGGEST pet peeve is when people do the whole "we're with them" when in line for rides... they point to a person in the line and cut in front of the entire line to be with them. sometimes i doubt there really is a "them" at the front of the line or if they just make it up . . . i'm sorry, having 1 person stand in line an hour while u have fun does not give u the right to cut in front of 100s of ppl on a ride.... i'm getting angry just thinking about it! GEEZ! :fork:

DizneyPryncess

Isn't it in the rules, you cannot reserve chairs? If not then I'm going to go over and reserve my chair at the pool for my june visit now :lookaroun

I was thinking the same thing. I swear when I stayed at the Boardwalk I remember reading on a sign by the pool that you couldn't reserve chairs. I could be wrong, it may have been somewhere else. I had a similar situation happen to my family, but we were at a time share resort in Orlando, not at a Disney resort. Same thing as you though - a family approached us & said we were stealing their table even though there was not one thing on it.

Your mom took the high road, we did too. We just walked away rather than fight. Some things just aren't worth it.

swimmom

my BIGGEST pet peeve is when people do the whole "we're with them" when in line for rides... they point to a person in the line and cut in front of the entire line to be with them. sometimes i doubt there really is a "them" at the front of the line or if they just make it up . . . i'm sorry, having 1 person stand in line an hour while u have fun does not give u the right to cut in front of 100s of ppl on a ride.... i'm getting angry just thinking about it! GEEZ! :fork:

We experienced a mom & two teenagers joining a dad & another teenager in line at BTMRR last year. They gave a lame "she had to use the bathroom" excuse. I'm not sure which one, but any of them would have been old enough to go alone, not all three :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We experienced a mom & two teenagers joining a dad & another teenager in line at BTMRR last year. They gave a lame "she had to use the bathroom" excuse. I'm not sure which one, but any of them would have been old enough to go alone, not all three :shrug:
I dunno.... My Ex used to really freak out when I took her out to dinner just the two of us... There was nobody to go with her to the bathroom! :rolleyes:

[One of many contributing factors to the "Ex" part! :lol:]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom