Rude People at the World!

mary219

Thats one of the things about a wdw vacation-you meet the nicest people ever and the biggest jerks ever.People really go from one extreme to the next in wdw.

sweetpee_1993

My biggest problem is keeping the DH from losing his cool when we encounter the rotten apples. I have a more understated way of dealing with people: I'm a kill-em-with-kindness or death-by-sarcasm type of girl. No need to make a scene to make a point. It's more fun to me to gain the upper hand psychologically and play games with that. The DH, however, has a temper. Picture Donald Duck in one of his spittin, ragin fits. I swear my DH looks just like that!!! LOL!

EpcotGrl

Dwarful1852009 said:
Our girls are raising money to go to Disney World, so we had to do this. This woman comes up to our table and tells these girls that they have no business selling over priced, crummy cookies when she could go to Wal-Mart and get better cookies for half price. Then she says that Disney World is no place for girl scouts to go that only families should go and as troop leaders we should know better!
We sold cookies to get to The World, too! :wave: It's amazing how bizarrely people react--from flirting (ew) to throwing trash at us. Good luck with your fundraising! You can do it! :sohappy:

mary219

Dwarful1852009 said:
Our girls are raising money to go to Disney World, so we had to do this. This woman comes up to our table and tells these girls that they have no business selling over priced, crummy cookies when she could go to Wal-Mart and get better cookies for half price. Then she says that Disney World is no place for girl scouts to go that only families should go and as troop leaders we should know better!
We sold cookies to get to The World, too! :wave: It's amazing how bizarrely people react--from flirting (ew) to throwing trash at us. Good luck with your fundraising! You can do it! :sohappy:

Crazy Lady!you (not your daughters-because it would be ,well,wrong:rolleyes:)should have threw a do si doe wwhen she wasn't looking!:lol:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Maybe I am just lucky, but on my last trip I only had one time where I ran into "rude" people. They weren't so much rude, but It was one of the "Im catching up to my friends" times. There was ONE girl about 5 people ahead of me, and then there were about 4-5 people trying to "catch up" to her. I stopped them as they tried to pass me and my Fiance and told them "Wouldnt it make more sence for her to go back to you FOUR instead of you 4 going up to HER???" and the girl ended up going back behind us, and she just kept to her friends and giving me attitude. One of the only times I wanted to actually punch someone while there...

Dukeblue1016

When I got back from my trip last summer I wrote up a trip report and said how awesome everything was; but had a seperate small section just ranting and venting about how much ruder people were getting. I encountered several extremely rude people. I was there over summer so I was hoping it was all local people who overlook the "magic" of the vacation aspect; and don't treat Disney as Disney... if that makes sense.

dragonfox98

I've never experienced anyone being rude to me.

Of course, there are some advantages to being 6'4" 250[ish] lbs... :lol:

I never use my size to bully or in any way be rude, but many people are genuinely intimidated. If they only knew what a teddy bear I am, they'd probably walk all over me. :eek:

Yes, Monty - this is what I use hubby for: he is 6'5" and about 220. He's my defense in the rear and if they get passed him - watch out! This year, I have a plan, though. I have envisioned walking into Little Mermaid or such and people not moving down; my response: "I'm as large as a cow and I am not about to step over you. You heard the cast member, move down and fill in the available space".:D

Hopefully, that should work. As for parade spots, we generally get lucky because I get as close to the handicap area in Liberty Square as possible (my kids made some really great friends from St. Louis there last year). We usually sit on the planter thing in front of the bell (and, no, I will not call it the Liberty Bell because I have the true one in my back yard. :p)

I have a 3 year old who is very inquisitive and observant and loves to ask questions. So whenever someone is rude or doing something that is very un-Disneyesqe and DD asks "Mama why is so and so doing that?", my response is a loud, "Because some people don't have manners, baby, but we don't act like that because it's not nice". Like someone said earlier, killing 'em with sarcasm. I just treat it as a 'learning' experience for my kids. I do this everywhere; not just WDW.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Uh Oh

This doesnt sound to good considering that my teacher said today:

" I am extremly clostrophobic. WHen im at Disney i just push and shove till i get my way out." I was thinking, This will make a good post.

minnie2000

Cmatt, I fall into this category
The 30 - 50 year old mums/mumsies/moms/QUOTE] (only just into the 30s!) but I don't talk down to anyone, I promise! :kiss:

I agree with some of the other posters, there are a lot of rude people at WDW, but there are also a lot of very friendly and polite people, like the lady sitting next to us in Fastasmic, when it was rained off, she gave us a load of plastic covers to try to keep us dry. Next day at Fantasmic again, my DD, 5, sat next to a teenage boy - not usually the most chatty age group - but he bought some toy with a coloured rope that spun around, and he let my daughter play with it, and showed her how to do it. Then there was the time my other DD, then nearly 3, fell over in AK and scraped her knees, a lady passing by (guest, not CM) stopped and offered us cream and band-aids.

Lots of people are genuinely nice, its just that we usually hear about the rude ones.

DisneyWood

I find it equally amazing how many threads get started about rude people at Disney World. I dont recall seeing any promotional material by Disney stating that "Come to where the Magic lives and there are no rude people". There are rude people everywhere.

I was thinking that very same thing when I read the original post. People often think that they can & will escape the ignorance, pettiness, nastiness & rudeness of the outside world, just b/c we are @ WDW. As much as I wish we could escape that, this type of behavior is everywhere, and will continue to be. People have forgotten about manners, how to treat their elders, how to discipline their children, etc.

I have encountered several things at WDW during our stays, but have not let them bother me. As hard as that is, it makes for a better vacation. Selfish people love to ruin things for others, and if you let them, it will make for a miserable vacation.

These types of people are everywhere unfortunately. They are not going away, and appears that they will never learn.

I hope you have a better trip next time.

dazzer68

unfortunatley, no matter how high disney keeps those ticket prices, you just cant keep those kinda people out the parks!.
you cant buy manners!

csaguy

Rude

This trip I'm going to get a mini whoopy cushion (hand held) to clear people when they try and push there way at the parades and fireworks.
Leslie Nielsen (Airplane) gave me the idea.

chels26

every one has that encounter with rude people. but i feel at disney, for every rude person you meet, you meet about 10 nice people.

but i have a rude story i love to tell. This family.. a large family.. touring.. if you get my drift... was in AK and they just thought they were better than every one else. We were waiting for AK to open, and one by one they started cutting through making their way down to the end. Not one of them even said excuse me. by the 4th or 5th person, i grabbed my sisters arm and stood really close to the people next to me. Some one than said excuse me, and i said "no.. you're not excused. Please go back where you started from and wait like every one else" he looked at me baffled. the lady next to me was SO happy i said that and took my arm and locked arms as well and said "yeah! please wait like every one else". It was a good time.

cooleo

I had a bad experience on NYE. We got a spot for RoE 2 hours before hand, and promptly 15 minutes before, there were some foreigners(I'll just leave it at that) that decided they could try and push their way in front of my family and my girlfriends family. Well, my dad, her dad, and myself wouldn't have any of that and promptly told them to move back. Well a couple minutes later, you could hear them speaking in their native language that they were going to try and push us over the fence when the fireworks started. Needless to say they never did, but I couldn't believe how rude they were acting.

I've had the stroller thing happen to me too, it was a lady who hit me about 2 times, and it wasn't that hard so I just brushed it off as an accident. Well, the third time she hit me pretty good, so I turned around and looked at her, only to get no apology. On the 4th time, I looked at her and said, "Excuse you" and her husband shot me an evil look like I was the bad guy.

Some people are just oblivious to manners, it doesn't matter who you are or where your from, but it always never ceases to amaze me.

I agree with this statement. Rude people come from all around the globe. When people act like that I try to ignore them until they get out of hand. Then I take necessary action. I will not allow them to ruin my family's fun. :mad:

dragonfox98

you cant buy manners!

Dazzer, this is so true!!! I'm sure if I think on it, I have a rude story to tell from last April, but in all actuality I remember meeting the nice, polite people; like the Brits on our first day and their last day at the Speedway. The had a blast laughing (good-naturedly) at my son attempting to drive!:) But, as I said earlier, this year (thanks to you all) I have a game plan.

wdwmomof3

It is true that rude people are everywhere. Yesterday when I was filling my gas tank up, a 20 something girl pulled up to the other pump with her nasty x-rated music playing so loud that people across the street could hear every word. She had it playing while she pumped her gas. I had my door open because my children were in there and I had been talking to them while I waited. The "F" word was all in that song and I was getting more mad by the second. I finally said to my kids, I don't want you hearing this nasty song, and I slammed my car door. The girl heard me and never skipped a beat. I got into the car and told my kids that you don't do things like that... it's very rude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom