Rude People at the World!

ears2you

Yes, you will always find some rude people, but that's almost everywhere you go. There are just some that are ruder than others "cough" Brazilian tour groups "cough":mad:

I KNOW! One person stands in line, then 50 come up and join them! I dont know if that can top the stack of like 100 fastapsses i saw this one tour guide with! Thank god my sister and i got in front of them! So much for the FAST in fastpass.

Jerriko

I think the thing that makes Disney so special is its one flaw. It rewards people for misbehaving. Disney will go out of its way to remedy any situation. Many people throw fits just because they know they will get free stuff. Of course it doesn't always work. But many times it does. Then again, guests do return time and again. I wouldn't change this aspect of Disney. It's just unfortunate that there's no "magical" way to "discipline" rude guests.

Have a "Magical" Exit.....enjoy the last ride of your trip... Your flight home....

:drevil:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One, I never said that it was Disney's fault that people were rude and, two, I did enjoy my vacation regardless of the rude people. I was just stating that I found it kind of amazing that some of these people are genuinely rude at the happiest place on earth. I don't believe I ever stated anything about it being Disney's responsibility to stop all of the rude people from entering through the turnstiles. I guess you aren't allowed to comment on your experiences at the World without some people getting VERY defensive about everything Disney. :mad:

I guess I'm not allowed to comment on your experiences at the World without you getting VERY defensive about it.

cmatt

I've never experienced anyone being rude to me.

Of course, there are some advantages to being 6'4" 250[ish] lbs... :lol:

I never use my size to bully or in any way be rude, but many people are genuinely intimidated. If they only knew what a teddy bear I am, they'd probably walk all over me. :eek:

i know what you mean mate!

although i think people are more scared of missues cmatt - she is scottish! :p

What i hate is (this is going to categorise a lot of people on here and sorry but it must be said) ...

The 30 - 50 year old mums/mumsies/moms that talk down to young couples (i had this in both universal and disney). Two instances....

One: Ive been seated for spectromagic for about 45 mins as it was reasonably busy bored out of my skull, and mrs cmatt gets up and gets a hotdogs and two diet cokes (and NO fries thank god!). This woman comes up to me and shoves my bags out the way (which i was using to keep mrs cmatts seat and proceeds to push and shove her backside right next to me then squeezes in her 2 rather bulky kids in - i politley suggest that perhaps she should find somewhere else as my gf was coming back and was sitting there and she TOTALLY blanked me :mad: said it again still nothing - then mrs cmatt comes up and shouts after seeing the bags strewn all over the floor WHY DID SHE SIT IN MY SEAT (edited version so i dont get told off for swearing again :lookaroun :rolleyes: ) Then states to the lady that she was infact already sitting there and as i was reserving the spot perhaps she cold put her backside somewhere else. Worked a treat needless to say....

Two was at universal as the lockers got full for revenge of the mummy - this woman was going on how there was no lockers and having a full blown rant at some poor young family as they were trying to get their bags. Then loitered around the machines. I went to get my bag and started the process *touch screen/bio metrics* then she shouts in my ear WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!. Then as i ignored her and continued to get my bag she stormed off and shouted to her kids THERE ARE SOME REAL SELFISH PEOPLE HERE.... :confused: god knows WHAT that was on about....

To be fair these were the only incidences and by no means did it affect my day or my opinion that the resorts are stunning places to visit - i just let it go over my head, and er let mrs cmatt fight my battles :cool: Lifes far too short to be bothered with people like that. Also alot of people in that age group chatted to me and mrs cmatt in the queues and when we were waiting for transportation. First question from them was were you on your honeymoon :hurl: :lookaroun. But still great people, and great memories...

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I was in the streching room at DL's Haunted Mansion several years back when the park had those digital scrolling message things. There was a loud guy there who emtered profanity on it and was waving it around. The Cast Member politely went up to him and said "Sir this is a family park you can pick this up at the end of the ride" Took it out of his hand and quickly passed it to another Cast Member who walked off with it. The loud guys friends laughed hystarically at him, and the rest of us clapped :sohappy: .

When I was a CM at DL in college I was told that if we saw someone wearing an inappropriate shirt (IE see thru or with extreme profanity) we were to give them a shirt. The opportunity came to me on a grad night. A teenie bopper girl was wearing a transparent blouse and no under garments. I grabbed a classic DL tshirt walked up to her and said "Please accept this Tshirt as a gift from Disneyland. You may change into it right over here" I guided her to a changing room opened the door for her and closed it behind her. Waited for her to open it and said enjoy the rest of your visit here at the Magic Kingdom IN your new thsirt":lol:

jiminy.cricket

On the optimistic side, I was handing out candy for MNSSHP the other night and everyone was very polite. I could also see some parents teaching their kids manners. So there's still hope in the world! Haha.

We have seen numerous accounts of people being rude and obnoxious. Generally, we just blow it off as the "ME FIRST," "MY CHILDREN ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOURS," and "THIS IS THE WAY WE DO THINGS WHERE WE COME FROM" syndromes. When we come across these civilized and sophisticated folks (sarcastic, yes, I am), we just make sure that we do the best to ignore them so our experiences aren't ruined. We definitely do our share at not letting people cut in front of us---you see them out of the corner of your eye; just do a stretch, or throw out a hip---that will slow them down. Toss out an occasional "WE PAID, TOO" comment, for good measure as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I find it equally amazing how many threads get started about rude people at Disney World. I dont recall seeing any promotional material by Disney stating that "Come to where the Magic lives and there are no rude people". There are rude people everywhere.

Ahem, I think I'm finished having this debate with you. I was commenting on my experiences and you ripped me for it. I'm finished. Have a wonderful day...

If you consider that "ripping" you must be very sensitive.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, ruffled feathers or stepped on toes....

obsessedw/wdw

Haha, talking about people getting defensive about Disney.. I was on the monorail commenting one time how unbelievably ineficient one of the monorail loaders was, I actually was making the jungle cruise joke about needing to put more on, and more-on, and moron... haha and this family got all defensive and said that Disney does a great job with the transportation. I said I agree but that one guy is ruining it for them. Haha...

Then on a tram, I commented on the large amount of smokers smoking in non-smoking areas... the lady I was sitting next to told me that I dont know what I'm talking about because they stop "everyone" who is smoking.

bluefaery

Haha, talking about people getting defensive about Disney.. I was on the monorail commenting one time how unbelievably ineficient one of the monorail loaders was, I actually was making the jungle cruise joke about needing to put more on, and more-on, and moron... haha and this family got all defensive and said that Disney does a great job with the transportation. I said I agree but that one guy is ruining it for them. Haha...

Then on a tram, I commented on the large amount of smokers smoking in non-smoking areas... the lady I was sitting next to told me that I dont know what I'm talking about because they stop "everyone" who is smoking.

No offence buthow would she know? Did she follow a CM around all day?

Dwarful

Oh, yeah there are rude people everywhere...unfortunately! Our girl scout troop has spent the entire weekend participating in Cookie Caravan, where you go sit outside somewhere (with permission) ,like a gas station or grocery store etc., and sell girl scout cookies. In our neighborhood council you must participate in cookie sales or you cannot do any other fundraising. Our girls are raising money to go to Disney World, so we had to do this. This woman comes up to our table and tells these girls that they have no business selling over priced, crummy cookies when she could go to Wal-Mart and get better cookies for half price. Then she says that Disney World is no place for girl scouts to go that only families should go and as troop leaders we should know better! About half the girls were afraid they'd never get to WDW! Hopefully we will have better luck w/rude people at WDW than we did trying to raise the money to get to WDW! (hey at least at 11 yrs old we won't be needing strollers!).

AutumnKlassic

We have seen numerous accounts of people being rude and obnoxious. Generally, we just blow it off as the "ME FIRST," "MY CHILDREN ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOURS," and "THIS IS THE WAY WE DO THINGS WHERE WE COME FROM" syndromes. Toss out an occasional "WE PAID, TOO" comment, for good measure as well.

I really know where you are coming from here. Last year at a different Amusement Park My boyfriend was smoking in one of the few legal smoking areas (outside) and some lady with two kids come up to us and starts yelling at him about him smoking and giving her children and himself cancer. At first we just ignored her, he put out his cigerette and left but then she started following us and kept yelling at him until he turned around and asked her what kind of example was she setting for her kids by attacking people. And then he told her that he had cancer (what you could tell from the extensive scars on his face and neck) and it was his own disicion if he wanted to smoke in a legal place. She tried to follow for a while but I told her to back off and we left the park for a while. Now we just laugh at it, but then it upset him for the rest of the trip.

fight29mu.gif
We encounter rude people every trip. It is expected. So, I just fart on them, and go about my business :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: funny!

makonyy15

One thing I've gotten is rudeness from people not following directions. For example, as many of you know, there are several queues, preshows, etc. where the CMs specifically say, move forward and fill in all available space. Well, on a few occasions the people in front of us would refuse to move to fill in space, so we went around them to keep filling space in coincidently in the direction of the ride entrance. I forget where this was but it's not really important. Might have been ToT preshow, HM, or LMAX during previews when they didn't use a queue just the big holding area under the grandstands. Anyway, this one woman we passed started screaming at us for cutting in line and that "they paid too", yet they were the ones not following clear directions to keep moving forward and fill in all available space. We just looked at her and politely said we're following directions and moved on.

We encounter rude people here and there, but we always shake it off and keep on enjoying our vacation.

Hrudey3032

I've never experienced anyone being rude to me.

Of course, there are some advantages to being 6'4" 250[ish] lbs... :lol:

I never use my size to bully or in any way be rude, but many people are genuinely intimidated. If they only knew what a teddy bear I am, they'd probably walk all over me. :eek:

Yea being 6-1 300 myself I know what you mean.I tend to intimidate people at first sight.Most people "part the seas" when I am going thru a crowded place as I kinda make a hole :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom