Room Security Checks

JIMINYCR

It's the only hotel or hotel chain that does it as far as I'm aware.
When 911 occurred it was revealed that WDW was mentioned by the terrorist group as a target. They did not call out any other hotel or resort chain. Disney being specifically targeted does give them more to be concerned about.

Saskdw

That was a long time ago and things have changed are these room checks really needed?
The first problem with these checks is that they are only security theatre and accomplish nothing other than disturbing guests and invading their privacy.

Unless it's going to be 2 armed police officers doing the checks that are trained to deal with any issues that arise these checks are useless. The hotel staff that do these checks would simply be the first to go if they walk in on someone planning an attack.

Lilofan

The first problem with these checks is that they are only security theatre and accomplish nothing other than disturbing guests and invading their privacy.

Unless it's going to be 2 armed police officers doing the checks that are trained to deal with any issues that arise these checks are useless. The hotel staff that do these checks would simply be the first to go if they walk in on someone planning an attack.
Security theatre did make the bad guy change his mind at Disney Springs observed on video. He went to Pulse instead.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That was a long time ago and things have changed are these room checks really needed?
2Q==(5).jpg

If it's such a huge inconvenience then there is a simple answer. Don't stay at Disney.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If your opinion is you like the security checks....yes you are entitled to that.

Telling people "then don't stay at Disney", that's not an opinion. It's Disney cheerleader stuff.
I am ambivalent to the checks.
Disney cheerleader stuff 😂😂😂
It's offering an option to air their grievance in a way that hurts Disney's bottom line. If enough people stay off-site or at a partner resort , citing the room checks as a reason, then things may change.
Thanks for your opinions. Please don't tell me what I am and am not entitled to.

Saskdw

It's offering an option to air their grievance in a way that hurts Disney's bottom line. If enough people stay off-site or at a partner resort , citing the room checks as a reason, then things may change.
It appears your original message didn't come across the way you intended.

I take things one step farther. We haven't stepped foot on Disney property since 2016. They have a few things they need to change if they want us back.

Instead we spent $15k at Universal surrounding area both of the previous Decembers. These security checks are a big problem for my wife. I honestly thought they never came back after covid. Just one more thing on the list to keep us spending a lot of money elsewhere.

MissingDisney

It appears your original message didn't come across the way you intended.

I take things one step farther. We haven't stepped foot on Disney property since 2016. They have a few things they need to change if they want us back.

Instead we spent $15k at Universal surrounding area both of the previous Decembers. These security checks are a big problem for my wife. I honestly thought they never came back after covid. Just one more thing on the list to keep us spending a lot of money elsewhere.
I absolutely love people like ya’ll! Thank you!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Couldn’t This same logic could be applied to every aspect of our lives?
Why have TSA? Bad guys can find a way around it and bring weapons on a plane.
Why lock your doors? Bad guys can find another way in your house.

TSA was created after the 9/11 attacks.

Nothing the TSA baggage checkers do would actually stop another 9/11 from happening.

But we deal with their rudeness, the inconvenience, their incompetence, and the inconsistent application of rules in the name of “safety”.

Fortunately, other things have been applied that could actually stop another 9/11 from happening:

1- Armed Federal Air Marshalls.
2- Locking cockpit doors
3- Passengers who will not put up with crap

JIMINYCR

Terrorism doesnt stop just because time passes. Groups stay underground planning strikes and when they see the opportunity or specific times that they can justify a strike they do it. The point is to strike unexpectedly and cause fear and disruption. There is no time for Dis to be complacent or safe enough to halt security measures.

G00fyDad

Terrorism doesnt stop just because time passes. Groups stay underground planning strikes and when they see the opportunity or specific times that they can justify a strike they do it. The point is to strike unexpectedly and cause fear and disruption. There is no time for Dis to be complacent or safe enough to halt security measures.
Their strikes are not going to involve setting up a hotel room on Disney property. If they're going to do something they're going to go for maximum body count. Hotels won't accomplish that. They'll figure out someway to do something inside of a park during a stage show, parade, or fireworks. These room checks are nothing more than Disney's way to stand back and tell the public that they're doing their best. They actually accomplish nothing. Less than nothing when you think about it. Because if they didn't do the room checks at all nothing would change. But by doing the room checks nothing is changing and they are they're agitating their guests.

JIMINYCR

Their strikes are not going to involve setting up a hotel room on Disney property. If they're going to do something they're going to go for maximum body count. Hotels won't accomplish that. They'll figure out someway to do something inside of a park during a stage show, parade, or fireworks. These room checks are nothing more than Disney's way to stand back and tell the public that they're doing their best. They actually accomplish nothing. Less than nothing when you think about it. Because if they didn't do the room checks at all nothing would change. But by doing the room checks nothing is changing and they are they're agitating their guests.
Setting up a hotel room may very well be a part of their plans. You have no idea what plans are being made or how they are going to be set up. Hotel rooms can be a staging point where they ready for a larger attack. They don’t advertise how many people they are intending to target or how it plays out. Their goal hasn’t always been a large number of deaths but the affects those deaths have. If something happens at WDW no matter how large or small it will have a devastating affect of guests wanting to vacation there afterwards.
And you can’t say they accomplish nothing. You can’t prove a negative. Just because nothing has happened doesn’t mean people have not altered their nefarious plans to do harm there. I’d rather have minor inconveniences in place if it even stops one death.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Setting up a hotel room may very well be a part of their plans. You have no idea what plans are being made or how they are going to be set up. Hotel rooms can be a staging point where they ready for a larger attack. They don’t advertise how many people they are intending to target or how it plays out. Their goal hasn’t always been a large number of deaths but the affects those deaths have. If something happens at WDW no matter how large or small it will have a devastating affect of guests wanting to vacation there afterwards.
And you can’t say they accomplish nothing. You can’t prove a negative. Just because nothing has happened doesn’t mean people have not altered their nefarious plans to do harm there. I’d rather have minor inconveniences in place if it even stops one death.
Using your logic, we need to have inspections to park your car in the parking lot, because who know if your car isn't loaded with C4, or if the trunk isn't full of AR15s?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom