Room Security Checks

Lilofan

Over reaction to an isolated incident.
Richard Reid almost blew up a plane with items in his shoe but fellow passengers jumped him to stop his act. Moving forward you and I have to take off our shoes prior to clearing TSA. Over reaction like that too? and the RR incident , no one lost their life.

John park hopper

Richard Reid almost blew up a plane with items in his shoe but fellow passengers jumped him to stop his act. Moving forward you and I have to take off our shoes prior to clearing TSA. Over reaction like that too? and the RR incident , no one lost their life.
Going to WDW and going on a plane are two different things --I would expect luggage and carry on and passengers to be searched. Disney is giving a quick once over of rooms, yet a bad person he!! bent on doing something bad can drive to a resort or park with whatever and is never checked. Thank god this has never happened. Car bombs have happened all too frequently world wide --- yet no check?

G00fyDad

Theatre is better than no theatre. Security presence deterred the bad guy who cased out Springs. He then went to Pulse to go on his rampage which also cost the life of a MK CM.
But the theatre is useless since they do not go through the luggage. If a maniac was going to do something like the Vegas incident then they aren't going to leave them in full view. That guy was a moron maniac. Disney's ability to sit back and say "We check the rooms to keep you safe (even though it does nothing at all to keep you safe)." intrudes on families looking to take a break from the heat and relax.

And how do we know he went to DS first? Did he say he did that or is that just someone online saying it to make the story more intense?

Lilofan

But the theatre is useless since they do not go through the luggage. If a maniac was going to do something like the Vegas incident then they aren't going to leave them in full view. That guy was a moron maniac. Disney's ability to sit back and say "We check the rooms to keep you safe (even though it does nothing at all to keep you safe)." intrudes on families looking to take a break from the heat and relax.

And how do we know he went to DS first? Did he say he did that or is that just someone online saying it to make the story more intense?
Mateen was observed on security Springs video.

Cariad

Or it's a move to an industry standard.
It's the only hotel or hotel chain that does it as far as I'm aware. I stayed at a hotel in London last week, the room was serviced immaculately every day and no security check done. In the last 12 months I have stayed at five different hotel chains both here and in the US, again, all were serviced properly and no room checks except for the Disney one. If Disney employed the same amount of housekeepers that they did 10 years ago and trained them to be more concientious about the job they do rather than cutting the numbers and telling them to just take out the trash and refill the consumables if they can be bothered, would reduce the need for room checks. But, pardon me for expecting my room to be cleaned and my bed made after paying $220+ per night and that's a cheaper room. Perhaps I should bill Disney for the cleaning supplies I now bring with me and leave behind because I have allergies and need my room to be dusted and vacuumed at the very least and to have to clean the toilet myself! Not on.

Last edited:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It's the only hotel or hotel chain that does it as far as I'm aware. I stayed at a hotel in London last week, the room was serviced immaculately every day and no security check done. In the last 12 months I have stayed at five different hotel chains both here and in the US, again, all were serviced properly and no room checks except for the Disney one. If Disney employed the same amount of housekeepers that they did 10 years ago and trained them to be more concientious about the job they do rather than cutting the numbers and telling them to just take out the trash and refill the consumables if they can be bothered, would reduce the need for room checks. But, pardon me for expecting my room to be cleaned and my bed made after paying $220+ per night and that's a cheaper room. Perhaps I should bill Disney for the cleaning supplies I now bring with me and leave behind because I have allergies and need my room to be dusted and vacuumed at the very least and to have to clean the toilet myself! Not on.
Perhaps staying off property would be a better experience for your vacation.

Lilofan

You may be shocked the number of upscale hotel companies that do not change towels and sheets daily.

John park hopper

Disney has cut back on room cleaning --changing sheets all in the name of saving the environment but in reality it is all about saving Disney money

Lilofan

Disney has cut back on room cleaning --changing sheets all in the name of saving the environment but in reality it is all about saving Disney money
Many including myself work for a boss. When the boss says find ways to maximize profits while minimizing costs it’s their way or the highway.

John park hopper

Many including myself work for a boss. When the boss says find ways to maximize profits while minimizing costs it’s their way or the highway.
Said fact of American business---- profits over customer satisfaction. Products that were made to last are now made cheaper don't last as long which end up in land fills very counter productive to saving the environment.

Saskdw

I thought they stopped this nonsense when covid hit? When did it start again?

14 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal last December and no BS like this. Outstanding service.
14 nights at Portifino Bay at Universal Dec. 2022 and no BS like this either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom