Room Security Checks

Lilofan

No sir, I don’t live in fear. I live in reality that bad things can and will happen to those who are unprepared. We all grieve and mourn those who get hit by those whose only desire is to do harm to others. You can live with blinders on and disregard what’s out there but when you or someone you know gets harmed you will regret “feeling safe” and ask after the fact why wasn’t anything in place.
My community was not too long ago hit by a crazed individual who took 18 lives. Now we’ve had committees asking how was this missed and who’s to blame.
I don’t live in fear because I am well aware of the possibilities of that happening again. When I’m at Disney they can do all they wish to provide me with security measures.
One time a K-9 CM and his dog were at the ticket area of DHS in the morning . All including us had to walk by them. That's a security measure I welcome.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Going to WDW and going on a plane are two different things --I would expect luggage and carry on and passengers to be searched.
Just FYI, it's perfectly legal to transport firearms and ammunition in checked baggage aboard airliners. Bringing those weapons onto property and then squirreling them away in the room to foil these so-called security checks would be a trivial pursuit.

The fact that they're using a sniffer to check for tell-tale chemical signatures is problematic, but not insurmountable with the right technology.

If they were serious about keeping dangerous stuff out of the hotels, they'd force you to use bell services and run all luggage and hand bags through a millimeter wave scanner and/or x-ray before they let you take it to your rooms.

Last edited:

John park hopper

Transport of firearms on airlines is strictly controlled
Firearms must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container and transported as checked baggage only. As defined by 49 CFR 1540.5
These room security checks do nothing but give guests a false sense of security

Lilofan

Transport of firearms on airlines is strictly controlled
Firearms must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container and transported as checked baggage only. As defined by 49 CFR 1540.5
These room security checks do nothing but give guests a false sense of security
Some may say it’s wellness check but in a hotel a staff member has the right to enter a hotel room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom