News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

Railfan26

Just another thing that hit me: is Strasburg the one who made the new boilers for the locomotives? And are there any differences between the new and old boilers?
To me the Lilly bell looks like it has a slightly wider boiler compared to before it went to strasburg, but the length remains the same. I don’t see any boiler differences on the twin locomotives. Now all 3 loco’s came back with some differences to the paint scheme. For example…Lilly’s front cab windows used to outlined in orange,

dtng2000

To me the Lilly bell looks like it has a slightly wider boiler compared to before it went to strasburg, but the length remains the same. I don’t see any boiler differences on the twin locomotives. Now all 3 loco’s came back with some differences to the paint scheme. For example…Lilly’s front cab windows used to outlined in orange,
The only major things I’m seeing right now is that No. 1 and 3 had their smokestack heights adjusted. Nos. 2 and 4 shouldn’t need height adjustment as they seem to fit under the tunnel fine.

disneytrain2001

For example…Lilly’s front cab windows used to outlined in orange,
Not to mention Walter is missing the yellow pinstriping on the front of his cab, the bottom of his steam dome, and the brown top on his tender wing... :(
il_1588xN.5403543871_isuo.jpg

dtng2000

Not to mention Walter is missing the yellow pinstriping on the front of his cab, the bottom of his steam dome, and the brown top on his tender wing... :(
il_1588xN.5403543871_isuo.jpg
The design on Roger's tender is also new. The patterns on both sides weren’t there before. Also the lettering font on the cab has changed. This locomotive has the biggest changes I have seen so far.

Last edited:

disneytrain2001

The design on Roger's tender is also new. The patterns on both sides weren’t there before. Also the lettering font on the cab has changed. This locomotive has the biggest changes I have seen so far.
Yep, love that new tender logo and font design, it looks very aesthetic! ☺️ However, I was so disappointed that Roger STILL had the incorrect "red and yellow" cylinder pinstriping from Lilly! 😣 :
RogerE.BroggieTestingJanuary2024.jpg

Before Roger went to Tweetsie in 2002, he had the correct "yellow and white" cylinder pinstriping, which matches his logo and headlamp outline:

Last edited:

dtng2000

Yep, love that new tender logo and font design, it looks very aesthetic! ☺️ However, I was so disappointed that Roger STILL had the incorrect "red and yellow" cylinder pinstriping from Lilly! 😣 : View attachment 767760

Before Roger went to Tweetsie in 2002, he had the correct "yellow and white" cylinder pinstriping, which matches his logo and headlamp outline:

I honestly don’t know if they’re going to fix that or not but something tells me that will be staying for now…

disneytrain2001

I honestly don’t know if they’re going to fix that or not but something tells me that will be staying for now…
They did the same thing with Lilly before. She still had Roger's "yellow and white" cylinder pinstriping:
WDWRR_-_Lilly_Belle_2016_2.jpg

She used to have the correct "red and yellow" cylinder pinstriping during the 80s-90s:
31334305978_2254989a7f_o.jpg

disneytrain2001

I think there are positives and negatives both with and without sanders. To me the twin locomotives are the only ones that don’t need a sander because the weight does it for them. Roy definitely needs a sander because of how much it struggles on rainy days getting up the grade.
You can say that again, I've seen an early 2005 video of the engineer struggling to get Roy up the grade in cloudy conditions by opening the cylinder drain:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
What idiot at Main Street Operations thinks it was a good idea to remove the sanders on all of the WDWRR locomotives?
No “idiot at Main Street Operations” had anything to do with the sanders being removed. That was done when the locomotives were being overhauled in Tampa. Broggie, Britton, Harpur and Vilmer made the decision collectively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom