News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

disneytrain2001

I’m not sure, as far as I knew, he had 2 sons, Michael and Roger Jr.

Michael is of course the author of Walt Disney’s Railroad Story”

I wonder if they will have Michael there to rededicate the locomotive? The Broggie is the only non-Disney family locomotive at WDW.
FYI, Steve is Roger Sr.'s grandson and Michael's son. Michael and his late brother Roger Jr. did rededicate their father's namesake locomotive previously in 2003.

Last edited:

disneytrain2001

I also notice they gave Roger back his original 1971-2002 dark green color just like Lilly.
WDW-9-1972-_Broggie.jpg

Last edited:

build_it

We were at Disneyland last week and I happened to snap a few pics of the train while we were there. Not trying to derail the thread, but thought it might be fun in the discussion of the differences.
IMG_4332.jpeg
IMG_4312.jpeg
IMG_4333.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

disneytrain2001

I honestly prefer Roger's original 1971-2002 dark green color, because it stands out more than the 2003-2019 light green color that he received from his overhaul at Tweetsie Railroad. I'm happy that Disney manage to revert Roger to his original dark green color.

Last edited:

Disone

Oh, yeah, Lilly is now re-coupled to her green cars again, so I assumed that the yellow cars are now back with Roger in the roundhouse again:

The yellow cars were in use Wednesday. I assumed Lily was pulling them but I didn't actually look to confirm. Now I kind of wish I had.

Disone

We were at Disneyland last week and I happened to snap a few pics of the train while we were there. Not trying to derail the thread, but thought it might be fun in the discussion of the differences. View attachment 745551View attachment 745552View attachment 745553
DLRR engines are smaller for sure but.... They have 5, seemingly are kept more shiny and clean and certainly have a storied Disney history.

But I slightly prefer the larger WDW engines, with their loud whistles and rumbles as they pass by.

disneytrain2001

Who was pulling the yellow cars? Was Roger already back in service?
I don't know about you, but like I said, I believe the yellow cars are probably back inside the roundhouse with the Broggie, who recently returned from Strasburg, but have not yet return to service.

Last edited:

Disone

I don't know about you, but like I said, I believe the yellow cars are probably back inside the roundhouse with the Broggie, who recently returned from Strasburg, but have not yet return to service.
Nah. I absolutely saw the yellow set at main Street station from the vantage point of the turn styles. I just didn't bother the check which engine it was.

Disone

Prove it:

Hey snark.... If I would I could but just because I can't doesn't mean my My eyes lied to me or that I'm suddenly color blind.

Stop getting so steamed up over this🙂

I saw the yellow set. You keep providing sets of lily pulling her green cars. That's fine and good.

Sincerely.... Does the feed ever show the other train running that day?

disneytrain2001

Hey snark.... If I would I could but just because I can't doesn't mean my My eyes lied to me or that I'm suddenly color blind.

Stop getting so steamed up over this🙂

I saw the yellow set. You keep providing sets of lily pulling her green cars. That's fine and good.

Sincerely.... Does the feed ever show the other train running that day?
Sorry, I haven't been to WDW since 2018. I've already deleted my previous post, because I've realized it was rather rude and snarky. 😅 But I believe Walter and Lilly were the only two trains running. 🤔

Disone

Sorry, I haven't been to WDW since 2018. I've already deleted my previous post, because I've realized it was rather rude and snarky. But I believe Walter and Lilly were the only two trains running.
All good. We all get derailed sometimes. Hard to always stay in track. I have been choo chooed out before;)

I did a quick scan through that link you provided just to see if it ever showed the other train but if it did I didn't catch it.

It also occurs to me that there is a chance it wasn't on Wednesday but rather on Friday of last week.

It would be neat to see who it was but at the same time, I'm not willing to go through hours of post live feed to find it. That's just a lot of effort.

I have run out of steam 🚂

disneytrain2001

All good. We all get derailed sometimes. Hard to always stay in track. I have been choo chooed out before;)

I did a quick scan through that link you provided just to see if it ever showed the other train but if it did I didn't catch it.

It also occurs to me that there is a chance it wasn't on Wednesday but rather on Friday of last week.

It would be neat to see who it was but at the same time, I'm not willing to go through hours of post live feed to find it. That's just a lot of effort.

I have run out of steam 🚂
I think Lilly was the one that pulled Roger's yellow cars last Wednesday, before she retrieved her green cars the next day or Friday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom