News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

Railfan26

I wonder what’s left to do (Aside from train the crews, maintenance, and others on everything) before Roger comes back.
Good point. I honestly think it’s because Disney is trying to hold off on Roy’s overhaul because of the financial issues within the company knowing how disappointing and cheap they have been in the domestic parks. That’s just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Otherwise it’s either because of crew training on the locomotive, or Roger is having some issues.

Disone

Good point. I honestly think it’s because Disney is trying to hold off on Roy’s overhaul because of the financial issues within the company knowing how disappointing and cheap they have been in the domestic parks. That’s just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Otherwise it’s either because of crew training on the locomotive, or Roger is having some issues.
Honest question cuz I've lost track, is he still at strasburg or has he been returned to property yet? And if they're dragging their feet because of financial issues, it'd be okay to have Roger back. Let just have four steam locomotives available for a while 🙂

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Honest question cuz I've lost track, is he still at strasburg or has he been returned to property yet? And if they're dragging their feet because of financial issues, it'd be okay to have Roger back. Let just have four steam locomotives available for a while 🙂
He’s back on property (arrived mid-late September) just not returned to service yet. Going off of the Lilly Belle timeline for reference, it takes roughly 3 months to finish up the remaining work once returning to WDW. I’d expect him to be back in service between now and early January. Once that happens, Roy will be heading north.

Disone

I would assume it’s sitting in the roundhouse. Until we see Roger out in the park, Roy’s not going anywhere. Even though the WDWRR can’t run 3 train operations due to crew shortage right now, they still need a 3rd train as a backup if needed.
They typically run only two, but they can and have run three since returning to service. The first weekend they were back they ran all three.... Well attempted too but kept going 101. I have seen it one other time since. Maybe something has changed since reopen but if so I have not specifically heard. If not then this week will be the best chance of seeing that three train ops "rolled" out.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Yeah. Three train ops are rare:(.
Pre 2006 when Lilly started to develop her issues, 3 train ops were about 50/50 with 2. Then they switched to 2 for normal ops with 3 being used for busy days/times of the year. But even on the busiest days, before and after the railroad closed for Tron, they’ve been toughing it out with 2.

Disone

The good news is they’ve gotten better at boarding. They’re much better than at DL. At DL in November, the Grand Circle Tour took almost 45 minutes because they were boarding so slowly and they only had 2 trains running.
Adding to this is most of the Consists for the DLRR are inward facing Holiday cars. Only one Consist at Disneyland is the Forward facing excursion type cars that make up 100% of the WDWRR passenger car fleet.

I really think DLRR needs a second consist of Excursion cars. They unload / load much faster AND they hold way more passengers.

I do like the Holiday cars, it's need to always face the park and at DLRR there is a lot to see. Not so much at WDWRR. Would still be fun in WDWRR made one Holiday Consist for slower days or three train ops days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom