News Roger E. Broggie overhaul

EricsBiscuit

I wonder when they’re going to restore the audio on Main Street Station? Also, how long before they ship Roy off? They might even send Roy off before Roger is back?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Can we ask for some bling on Roy?
Paint the undercarriage white and add some neon?
Obviously this is a joke, but that could be fun. Imagine going through the Tron tunnel. The narration “override” kicks in and the train lights up with futuristic lighting accents that are otherwise completely hidden. You exit the tunnel and it’s like nothing ever happened.

Disneyrailfan1996

I wonder when they’re going to restore the audio on Main Street Station? Also, how long before they ship Roy off? They might even send Roy off before Roger is back?
I THINK Walter was shipped off before Lilly returned? Not 100% sure, but that might be the case here considering Roger was sent before Walter’s return (although the railroad was closed)

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I THINK Walter was shipped off before Lilly returned? Not 100% sure, but that might be the case here considering Roger was sent before Walter’s return (although the railroad was closed)
Nope, incorrect. Walter left for Strasburg November 1st after Lilly re-entered service during the last few days of October.

TrainsOfDisney

Nonono. That’s strictly for Anaheim.
I know it’s a joke but Disneyland has a fantastic railroad as well. I really love them both. The Disneyland trains are so charming, and the smaller tank style engines are really fun.

On the flip side, the locomotives at WDW are a matching fleet with a matching heritage and are all larger so they have a more “mainline” sound to them.

EricsBiscuit

I know it’s a joke but Disneyland has a fantastic railroad as well. I really love them both. The Disneyland trains are so charming, and the smaller tank style engines are really fun.

On the flip side, the locomotives at WDW are a matching fleet with a matching heritage and are all larger so they have a more “mainline” sound to them.
Not to mention the whistles on the WDWRR are significantly more powerful than their DLRR counterparts.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Not to mention the whistles on the WDWRR are significantly more powerful than their DLRR counterparts.
That’s because the WDWRR locomotives run at a higher boiler pressure/psi due to being larger, opposed to the smaller DLRR locomotives.

@TrainsOfDisney Any knowledge on if Ripley got the same treatment as the WDWRR locomotives? I’ve not been able to tell from the videos and photos I’ve seen since it’s return and haven’t heard a word regarding the possible changes either.

EricsBiscuit

That’s because the WDWRR locomotives run at a higher boiler pressure/psi due to being larger, opposed to the smaller DLRR locomotives.

@TrainsOfDisney Any knowledge on if Ripley got the same treatment as the WDWRR locomotives? I’ve not been able to tell from the videos and photos I’ve seen since it’s return and haven’t heard a word regarding the possible changes either.
Precisely. The Liberty Belle’s is also significantly more powerful than the Mark Twain too. It makes the whistles at MK much more enjoyable.

TrainsOfDisney

@TrainsOfDisney Any knowledge on if Ripley got the same treatment as the WDWRR locomotives? I’ve not been able to tell from the videos and photos I’ve seen since its return and haven’t heard a word regarding the possible changes either.
I can’t say 100% because I didn’t ask specifically, but it sure doesn’t appear to have any electronics added. I can’t imagine I wouldn’t have heard the railfans out in California talking about it.

I think the engine crews out in Anaheim would storm the castle if they added electric starters haha.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I can’t say 100% because I didn’t ask specifically, but it sure doesn’t appear to have any electronics added. I can’t imagine I wouldn’t have heard the railfans out in California talking about it.

I think the engine crews out in Anaheim would storm the castle if they added electric starters haha.
Those were my thoughts as well. Really felt like there would’ve been some noise if the igniter or the computerized safety system was installed. The only change I know of is the bell, because Iger got the original, which makes me sick. Also heard rumors that the headlamp is new because the original was stolen? Still speculation on that.

TrainsOfDisney

Steve Broggie, is that Roger’s son?
I’m not sure, as far as I knew, he had 2 sons, Michael and Roger Jr.

Michael is of course the author of Walt Disney’s Railroad Story”

I wonder if they will have Michael there to rededicate the locomotive? The Broggie is the only non-Disney family locomotive at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom