Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

bbbear33

Is it or isn't it????

Forgive this first time poster from Scotland if I have got anything wrong!

We arrive on 3rd September so hoping the rumours that RnRC is closed for refurb aren't correct - indeed Waltdisneyworld.com has no mention of it being closed for either September or October (I just checked) so fingers crossed it's open other wise will be heck of a dash off my plane to ride it on the 3rd!

Cheers

D

PintoColvig

What stinks about this refurb is that we're ditching the kids for the first time so that the wife and I can have an anniversary trip to WDW and will be able to ride whatever we want without fooling with child swapping. I guess RnRC isn't included in the "whatever we want". Oh, well. At least they are refurbing things on a more regular basis now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Forgive this first time poster from Scotland if I have got anything wrong!

We arrive on 3rd September so hoping the rumours that RnRC is closed for refurb aren't correct - indeed Waltdisneyworld.com has no mention of it
Welcome from south of the border!

It is looking pretty definate now - though it has been wrong in the past, the listing on WDWs official site tends to mean it`ll happen.

bbbear33

Darn...

Thanks Martin for such a warm welcome from South of The Border!

Just checked The Disney site and there it is - darn! However all is not lost - I am sitting upstairs on Virgin Atlantic and it's the seat nearest the stairs so I will be one of the first off! That's of course if I make it through immigration in lass than 2 hours :ROFLOL:

DicksonGR

Thanks Martin for such a warm welcome from South of The Border!

Just checked The Disney site and there it is - darn! However all is not lost - I am sitting upstairs on Virgin Atlantic and it's the seat nearest the stairs so I will be one of the first off! That's of course if I make it through immigration in lass than 2 hours :ROFLOL:

I also arrive from Glasgow on the 3rd September so i might be one of the many behind or in front of you in the immigration line. You heading into Sanford or Orlando International?

That is annoying that its shut, but i guess they've got to refurb it at some point. Aw well .......

crassmonkey

Sure Aerosmith isn't commercial at all!

(well except for multiple songs in very commercial movies, that time they played the superbowl with Britney Spears, that Ford truck commercial with "Just push play", not to mention the line of hot sauces the guitarist has, etc. etc.... oh and the fact they have a roller coaster in a theme park)

But other than that they aren't commercial in the slightest!....right? :shrug:

bbbear33

Hey Garry

I am on The Virgin Atlantic flight from Manchester to Orlando so should be touching down about 1400.

You hoping to make RNRC before it closes aswell?

Cheers

Douglas

bucklmd

We arrive on the 5th. I wonder if there's any chance they miss the closing by one day and we could ride it that day? Wishful thinking, but is this the year of a million dreams or not??

DicksonGR

Hey Garry

I am on The Virgin Atlantic flight from Manchester to Orlando so should be touching down about 1400.

You hoping to make RNRC before it closes aswell?

Cheers

Douglas

Well I think our flight doesn't land at Sanford until about 5.30. So to get to the hotel and then to the studios (even though I believe it's an extra magic hour that night) will be cutting it very fine. We'll just need to wait and see. If it all goes smoothly I may see you there, but who knows what delays the wonders of transatlantic travel may provide! :shrug:

aj_steig

So does this mean it's closed on the 4th and re-opening on the 5th, or opening on the 4th? We leave on Friday morning the 5th. :(

Well, witih this, and SSE's refurb - that cinches a May return next year, instead of waiting all the way until Sep '08!!

Dirk

I had the same question. I am also leaving on the afternoon of the 5th. Does anyone know?

Disneybub

Im gonna be pretty lucky then coz im out there on the 30th of aug, so maybe i'll take a trip over to make sure i go on once in my hols this year.

Langdonj

Well I think our flight doesn't land at Sanford until about 5.30. So to get to the hotel and then to the studios (even though I believe it's an extra magic hour that night) will be cutting it very fine. We'll just need to wait and see. If it all goes smoothly I may see you there, but who knows what delays the wonders of transatlantic travel may provide! :shrug:

Remember, if you are staying on property just use the Disney Magic Express, or whatever the Disney shuttle is called, and you can go to the park without checking in or dragging your luggage around, though I don't know how this works for international flights.
Jim

DicksonGR

Remember, if you are staying on property just use the Disney Magic Express, or whatever the Disney shuttle is called, and you can go to the park without checking in or dragging your luggage around, though I don't know how this works for international flights.
Jim

Thanks for the tip, but that wouldn't work. I don't think that Magical Express operates from Orlando Sanford. Would be awesome if it did though!

bassman

so what are the dates for the rehad on RnRC?

im there 27th september - 12th october,is it going to be shut during then?

Aerosmith haters be warned

As far as those who are not fans of Aerosmith, on a high intensity coaster. Dont push Disney....theres always the satinic notion of "Rock 'N Rollercoaster with Hannah Montana"
eeeeeekkkk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom