Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

ExBellhop

Since I had no desire to do it last time I was there, I won't be too unhappy about it being closed this time, either. Any chance they'll remove Aerosmith during the refurb and put in a band that doesn't sound like cats being tortured?

Yes, I believe the "Rock N' Rollercoaster Starring Hannah Montana" will open on October 5th. I'm certain that this is true. I am Hannah Montana.

-ExBellho... er... Hannah.

PS - serves me right for not reading the entirety of the thread... someone used this joke a couple posts above...

Im Dissapointed, I realise time to time they have to shut rides down for refurb etc however for Disney World to have the following rides shut during the month of September
Magic Kingdom
Astro Orbiter: Closed for Refurbishment [September 9, 2007 to September 22, 2007]
Donald's Boat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 18, 2007]
Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 17, 2007 to September 20, 2007]
The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [September 1, 2007 to September 12, 2007
Epcot
Spaceship Earth: Closed for Refurbishment [September 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007]
(Not Including Body Wars, Making of Me, Cranium Command)
Disney MGM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 30, 2007

Does seem to be rather Excessive, Espically for (and without wishing to sound ignorant and self Induldant) somone who has saved for 2 years in order to once again go back to Orlando and More importantly Walt Disney World

palmage

I do... I love Aerosmith... I think that they have withstood the test of time~ and I am under 35 too by a few years anyway!
:D

I think some people would like to see a Pat Boone theme.
Or maybe some sort of Andy Williams Branson theme :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back to the OP;

As of now (well, this evening anyhow) guest services confirmed the following:

Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom will
be closed for refurbishment from October 1,2007 through October 31,2007.

The Rock n Roller Coaster at Disney's MGM Studio will be closed for
refurbishment from September 4 through October 4,2007.

devoy1701

Aerosmith

I understand anyone that doesn't live in FL to be upset with all the closures...but better during September then in December. Ya know...since there is probably like...um....10 less people or so in the parks during Sept.

And about AEROSMITH... they are the GREATEST AMERICAN Rock n Roll band of ALL TIME. I mean seriously...Walt was like one of the greatest American masterminds ever... so the two go hand-in-hand. Who else would you want? Some Brit rock group? A U2 rollercoaster would sure be exciting....atleast for the first time you rode it.

and I'm 19 and a HUGE Aerosmith fan...since we were all having an "I'm under 35 and love Aerosmith" session.

;) kthanks.

casualrdt

Not for nothing but some of the work is long overdue and Disney has picked the best time to make sure they are ready for the winter holiday period.

Three years ago people cried on the boards about how the parks needed work.... you can't have your cake and eat it too!!

Heatherbell

Seriously...

Free dining - Tons of Closures..

Again..

FREE Dining - Tons of Closures

Why are folks acting suprised?

For the most part I don't think people are suprised at the fact that it is being rehabed. I think people are upset that it closed with little notice. I am not saying that it is Disney's obligation to do what everyone else wants them to do or even give us the right of notifying us in advance, I just think everyone is upset because they might have planned their vacation a little differently if they had known (I know I would've).
And to the person who posted that this infomrmation was posted on these forums a long time ago...I have to politely argue with you that if we believed everything we read on this site then we all would be very confused individuals. I mean threads about the wand coming down started years ago with no validation behind them, granted the wand IS down but it didn't happend 3 years ago....information about the RNRC refurb IMHO could've been a year from now....even though there are good insights on this forum I don't take any of them seriously until it is from a valid source or I see it with my own eyes.

Regardless the rehab is a bummer.

gettingsmaller

Seriously...

Free dining - Tons of Closures..

Again..

FREE Dining - Tons of Closures

Why are folks acting suprised?

Well, "free dining" doesn't automatically equal "Tons of Closures". What it meant to me was "value season, lure more people". I understand that they'd prefer to have rides closed at times when there are less people... it just seems that there is an especially large number of rides going down for extended periods. On top of that--and what really torques me off--is the fact that they announce the closure of a major ride with barely a month of warning. This presents two problems that I can think of right now:
1) if I wanted to plan on a certain ride before booking my vacation, I'd barely have time.
2) It allows my kids and I to get all excited about a ride for 5 months or longer only to find out--within a month of going--that it will be closed. I think that's what hurts the most. This wasn't something that management was surprised about (a ride BREAKING is another story). So, why put me in the position of explaining to my kids that a ride we've talked about all this time is actually going to be down? Why not say 6 months ago that it will be down? I'm actually HELPING Disney by filling a room, buying tickets, etc. during their low season (admittedly a win-win) and they treat me like crap.

Well, that's how I feel, anyway...

dave2822

As unfortunate as it is for people, and I do sympathize, this is the chance you take going off season. You will get far better deals than traveling in the peak season, summer, or christmas times, so I would think you would come to expect major rehabs to occur ... when else would they do them?

And this rehab has been announced since June 27 in my opinion ... the minute Steve put this rumor on the main section of the WDWMagic website equalled the minute I was counting on it ... it wasn't just a discussion board rumor anymore.

crassmonkey

I'm actually HELPING Disney by filling a room, buying tickets, etc. during their low season (admittedly a win-win) and they treat me like crap.

They are only closing a few rides, when you look at it. I don't think they are treating anyone like "crap" it's the give and take of the value season. You are getting FREE meals, that's a pretty big deal in my book (especially taking in to consideration the prices! :brick: ).

But I do understand your frustration. I too was a little peeved to not be able to do SSE and RNRC, but I'm going to try to make the best of it.
Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion and I respect yours. :wave:

gettingsmaller

And this rehab has been announced since June 27 in my opinion ... the minute Steve put this rumor on the main section of the WDWMagic website equalled the minute I was counting on it ... it wasn't just a discussion board rumor anymore.

Well, YOU may have been counting on it, but I wasn't--and what about all those people in the world who don't read these boards? I don't believe that the Disney site has an "information" link that goes to wdwmagic...

...besides, as someone else mentioned, if we took everything as gospel that is put on these boards, we'd have Disney Quest closed a few years ago, the wand would be down already, etc, etc...

dave2822

Well, YOU may have been counting on it, but I wasn't--and what about all those people in the world who don't read these boards? I don't believe that the Disney site has an "information" link that goes to wdwmagic...

...besides, as someone else mentioned, if we took everything as gospel that is put on these boards, we'd have Disney Quest closed a few years ago, the wand would be down already, etc, etc...

Very true, but would you have re-arranged your plans to be able to ride RnRC? If you would, you would have given up lower rates, possibly free dining, and lesser crowds. I'm guessing most guests, with even 6 months notice, wouldn't have changed their entire plans over the unfortunate incident of one attraction being down.

And this is to say that Disney even knew they were going to do the rehab. People are acting like Disney knew this all along, and just now announced it to screw guests over ... because we all know if there's one thing Disney can't be counted on for it's customer satisfaction ...

And I am in no way saying that everything you read on here is gospel, FAR from it. But generally, actually nearly 100% of the time, when it is put on the main page of WDWMagic, not the discussion boards, it will happen. So, if you happen to be a major Disney-buff, you may have gotten hint that this would happen in late June.

And if you aren't, you probably fall in the 99.9% of guests who would be upset over the attraction being down, but would never think of re-arranging their entire traveling dates, and blow their deals, just to ride it.

gettingsmaller

I most likely would not have changed my plans. I DO think that Disney knew about this rehab well in advance. I can't imagine that there are ANY decent rehabs that they don't know about months in advance. You don't go pulling rides apart without some serious planning. Even if it was "only" back on June 27th that they knew about it, that is one less month I would have spent talking to my 8 year old about riding RNRC. Like I said before, that's what really gets me. If I could have said 6 months ago "well, RNRC will be down when we go" I wouldn't be so unhappy...

As it is, I will be making the best of the trip, and it won't be the end of the world... just don't like disappointing my little girl after talking up something like that for so long...

dave2822

I most likely would not have changed my plans. I DO think that Disney knew about this rehab well in advance. I can't imagine that there are ANY decent rehabs that they don't know about months in advance. You don't go pulling rides apart without some serious planning. Even if it was "only" back on June 27th that they knew about it, that is one less month I would have spent talking to my 8 year old about riding RNRC. Like I said before, that's what really gets me. If I could have said 6 months ago "well, RNRC will be down when we go" I wouldn't be so unhappy...

As it is, I will be making the best of the trip, and it won't be the end of the world... just don't like disappointing my little girl after talking up something like that for so long...

And I'm certainly not trying to imply you are wrong for being bummed. You have every right to be bummed! I would be too!

I was just thinking about things from the other perspective.

In any regard, I hope you have a great trip! :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ok..

Earlier this year RnRc broke down and was closed for a few days. What if that had been during your trip? No one could of predicted it.

People can't act like the fact that talking up a ride to your kid is a perfectly logical reason to be upset - and Disney is "bad" for choosing to close it. You made a mistake in doing so, one many of us would of similiarly made, but it was a mistake. People, all of us, really shouldn't talk up a single ride or show or event because it very well could be canceled.

You have to see the vacation as a whole experience. It's like going expecting to win the castle suite - you're guaranteed to be dissapointed 99% of the time. Reminds me of that sad little girl walking around Fantasyland wearing a sandwich board that said "Pick me for the castle!"

I'm seriously not making that up, it was so sad.

Heatherbell

The problem is that people (like the person who told their 8 year old) have their hopes up for getting on RNRC. It is very unfortunate for those who don't go as often as some people and decided to go during the free dining because it was such a good deal. And I agree, a month long rehab is not something they just decided on today, things like that are in the works for a while. I am not trying to say it's wrong or they don't have a right to do it, I am not saying it is unfair or even crappy. I would not have traveled another time because I did get a good deal (and it doesn't include free dining...) however I would've maybe extended my vacation or moved days around so that perhaps I could have ridden on it before or after the rehab. It is not going to ruin my vacation but it is a bummer as we all agree. And everyone has their own opinion about this. I just think it would've been better to have a little more heads up to either plan better or to NOT get someone's hopes up, thats all.

And FYI, it is not listed as an operational update on Disney.com, I have been checking all day.

kubfish

I am amazed at the people upset about this.????????

It happens at every park around the US. Its a good thing to shut rides down for refurbs.

YES I am affected by this closure and it was definitely one ride I had on my must ride list.

Its 1 ride in 6 days at the parks. So one hour of waiting in line, and a 4 min ride will ruin the vacation? Hmmm Not sure I understand the logic by some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom