Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

DisneyGigi

Well, at least we will get to ride it but I don't think I will have much luck changing our ADRs:brick: glad we decided to get PH!

bgraham34

I informed my 2 buddies wo are coming with me in September and they are sad. Now we will have to hit everest multiple times instead.

nibblesandbits

I'm bummed too...but saw it coming. It's not like we hadn't been hearing it from some of our "in the know" people.

Unfortunately, that just makes me not want to spend all day at MGM the day I go. I don't ride TOT, didn't really like LMA, lots of other things I like, but think are just ok...RNRC is one of my favorite rides at MGM and now, it's out of comission. Bummer. :(

SallyShine

They originally said closed through 9/30. We're coming home on 10/3. Perfect bad timing. Everytime I go, something big is closed. :brick: That just means longer lines for ToT.

Peterwhite171

BAD BAD DISNEY leaving it till one month to officially announce the rehab!

Ah well at least we can do this in Paris in October! Still, our Sep MGM trip wont be the same without it!

coasterphil

Barely a month's notice for one of the biggest attractions at the resort? I don't think thats the best way to handle a rehab at all.

cymbaldiva

there was early notice on this website. Whether anyone chose to believe it was their prerogative.

There are early notices of lots of things that turn out to be rumors only or sheer speculation on the part of the poster. If it's all the same to you I prefer to wait for official announcements.

Thanks though! :wave:

Ausdaddy

Where does it quote this?
So sad....

It's too bad, but those on this site had been warned. The general public had not. In fact, I still don't see it on the calendar for September:

"There are no scheduled operational updates currently being performed at this park."

Sissa216 said:
"Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith: Closed for Refurbishment [September 4, 2007 to September 30, 2007]"
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ate =20070901
and under October it lists the 1st to 4th

Check your link again. It doesn't show up for me.

ToTBellHop

There are early notices of lots of things that turn out to be rumors only or sheer speculation on the part of the poster. If it's all the same to you I prefer to wait for official announcements.

Thanks though! :wave:
like I said, it's your prerogative. I'm just not sure I see a point in being a member of a web forum if you believe nothing you read???

Craig & Lisa

The only 2 things that I would see as needing to be rehabed would be to change the wheels on all the cars, and check and clean them out. And maybe work on the start system.

RAZORBRAD

if this is true, this is gonna suck for me. RnR was closed for my last trip in Jan and my girlfriend still wontbe able to ride it. Oh well maybe it will be open in Jan or may next year

nibblesandbits

if this is true, this is gonna suck for me. RnR was closed for my last trip in Jan and my girlfriend still wontbe able to ride it. Oh well maybe it will be open in Jan or may next year
It's definitely true...I just looked at the Disney calander. It says it on there now.

DisneyGigi

like I said, it's your prerogative. I'm just not sure I see a point in being a member of a web forum if you believe nothing you read???

I have to say that while I hoped this was untrue.... (I first read it in June. as many people here did) I felt like Disney would announce it since they had announced so many other things. Nobody knew a date and this was my concern, if there was a rumor that it could be closed during our trip then I knew that I might want to change our plans, as we will not spend as much time at MGM if it is down. Well.. here we are now 27 days until our trip starts and I have all these ADRS already! If the rumor could make it onto these boards then surely Disney could have put it out there. That's all I am saying.
I am very glad that I will have a chance to ride it on our trip.... by luck of the draw we planned a day at MGM before it closes, all of the questions that I asked were because we love the ride (like many do) and I would want to work around it if we could. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom