Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

carolina_yankee

So does this mean it's closed on the 4th and re-opening on the 5th, or opening on the 4th? We leave on Friday morning the 5th. :(

Well, witih this, and SSE's refurb - that cinches a May return next year, instead of waiting all the way until Sep '08!!

Dirk

wherewhy

well, at least its supposed to be open for me this time. Last 2 trips down this ride was closed :mad:. It leaves hardly anything to do for MGM without it. But we'll be down Aug 18th -22nd with first timer DS in-law and she's been scoping out this ride in paticular. No way they'd shut down that early right? :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

Since I had no desire to do it last time I was there, I won't be too unhappy about it being closed this time, either. Any chance they'll remove Aerosmith during the refurb and put in a band that doesn't sound like cats being tortured?

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
I love this ride, but if they would move it to MK maybe I would get more chances to ride it. I don't like MGM much.

We need a poll of what band it should be changed to.

mousefan1972

Wow nobody likes Boston's Bad Boys. One of the best rock bands of all time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aerosmith!! :eek: (And I'm under 35!!..barely.. :lol: )

I definitely feel for you guys who will be in WDW during the refurb. :( We've been fortunate to avoid having major attractions closed during our trips. RnRC is a great ride... hopefully this down time will make it even better!

philsfan2185

To the OP....Aerosmith is not commercial rock. Aerosmith is one of the most prominent, innovative, and original rock bands America has ever produced. Commercial rock is garbage you hear on the radio. You know, the songs that people like but can never figure out who the artist is because they are just a flavor of the week band.

Disney MDACK

To the OP....Aerosmith is not commercial rock. Aerosmith is one of the most prominent, innovative, and original rock bands America has ever produced. Commercial rock is garbage you hear on the radio. You know, the songs that people like but can never figure out who the artist is because they are just a flavor of the week band.

Rock on! :D

macsmom

On EMH at MGM, I hit ToT, RnR, back to ToT and RnR. I guess I am going to have to hit ToT sevearal times over and over. I love the ride and love the group! They put on an awesome show.

danna

bucklmd

*&%^$

This news makes me want to say lots of very un magical words as we get there September 5th and planned to ride this numerous times. Now I want to change my trip. First Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, now this. Not happy. Not happy at all. :mad:

ToTBellHop

This news makes me want to say lots of very un magical words as we get there September 5th and planned to ride this numerous times. Now I want to change my trip. First Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, now this. Not happy. Not happy at all. :mad:
September is one of the few remaining off seasons...not that I'd be happy, but it IS an off season.

sissa216

Original Poster
It's too bad, but those on this site had been warned. The general public had not. In fact, I still don't see it on the calendar for September:
"There are no scheduled operational updates currently being performed at this park."

It shows up under both Sep and Oct for me :shrug:

disneydata

There is no Siemens ride system going in. There is a Siemens system in place to launch the trains. The new ride control system is designed by WDI.

Most of this refurb is behind-the-scenes changes and clean-up work.

And I won't say I told you so either.

Texas84

It's re-opening as the Godsmack Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

GS027_LRG.jpg

DisneySaint

They can get away with this, guys, because the free dining plan filled the rooms and, thus, the money's locked in. It's business. I'll be missing out like all of you guys, too, but for everything that's closed there's usually something new I haven't done yet that's open. Plus it gives me opportunity to see things I may not have explored yet such as the films in the Showcase.

Stay positive!

diddy_mouse

Well...looks like I'm adding this to the list of "things that will be newly improved/refurbed" when we go down in December.

:lookaroun

"Oh, good morning Mr. Tyler. Going.......down?" (sorry, couldn't resist --I'm an Aerosmith fan)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom