RnRC New Theme Discussion

I know I'm unlikely to get my Tron coaster so ... I'm just going to toss Daft Punk's name into the ring here.

(And before anyone chimes in: I know Rip Ride Rockit has a Daft Punk song. But that's not the same thing as a themed coaster.)

I'm with you 100%. I'm so jealous of the Shanghai Tron lightbike coaster!

I was hoping that we'd get that for a new EPCOT attraction (because it's at least futuristic and tied to computing/tech), but if they insist on putting GotG there, then I'd love a Daft Punk reboot of RnRC.

Mike S

The posts you quoted were from April, but if you insist...
would rather they close the current entry than and simply reroute guests from back over through animation courtyard....can we just leave the one unbroken street in the entire park alone....i mean really guys.
My idea was to have access from both sides to avoid a dead end and have smoother crowd flow. It wouldn't have intruded on Sunset.
NFL thematically is all the same even if each ride is different it blends quite well. the themes you want to mix are much more diverse and unique. NFL is essential a generic forest like setting where each attraction sort of comes to the forefront when you approach it.
Yeah, the seaside setting of Mermaid really fits right in next to Belle's rustic French village and Dumbo's Circus. It works for Fantasyland but it's really just a collection of mini-lands rather than anything truly unifying.

The point is moot anyway since I've long dropped this particular idea of a Superhero Land.

matt9112

The posts you quoted were from April, but if you insist...

My idea was to have access from both sides to avoid a dead end and have smoother crowd flow. It wouldn't have intruded on Sunset.

Yeah, the seaside setting of Mermaid really fits right in next to Belle's rustic French village and Dumbo's Circus. It works for Fantasyland but it's really just a collection of mini-lands rather than anything truly unifying.

The point is moot anyway since I've long dropped this particular idea of a Superhero Land.

nothing dies on the Internet. :)

the colors and transitions in NFL are very fluid. calling them mini lands is a stretch.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why is Disney so obsessed with a fun but not so memorable movie called GoG?! :hungover: Are there any other IPs that can be used? I can think of one: Indy but I am old and don't know anything else.

When it comes to Marvel, it's currently one of the most recognizable ones they can use. Personally I really liked the movie and would love to see an attraction based on it, just not in Epcot.

Superpocky

When it comes to Marvel, it's currently one of the most recognizable ones they can use. Personally I really liked the movie and would love to see an attraction based on it, just not in Epcot.

I liked the movie too and don't mind an attraction but it seems like Disney want to GoG in every park they have. Maybe they should just open a new GoG park?

Bolt

I don’t understand everyone’s obsession with having GotG all over the park. Nothing could disinterest me more. Though admittedly, I am not a superhero fan whatsoever, it feels like no one can get away from this for some reason.
To be fair, everything so far has been hypothetical. All that is there so far is just a meet and greet that was only added last week.

Haymarket2008

I don’t understand everyone’s obsession with having GotG all over the park. Nothing could disinterest me more. Though admittedly, I am not a superhero fan whatsoever, it feels like no one can get away from this for some reason.

I am not a Marvel (in the parks) fan. Knowing that Disney wants Guardians in WDW, that would be my pick. It would be tasteful and welcomed. It would also, more importantly, save Tower and the integrity of Epcot.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It has been repeated ad nauseam, but Guardians really would be fantastic in this space.......ugh.
I agree. If the PTB are determined to get this franchise into the parks, then a R'nRC re-theme would be the most cost effective, least objectionable, and quickest way to do it. The GotG soundtrack lends itself to the ride very well.

As others have said - anything to preserve our beautiful Tower!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom