RnRC New Theme Discussion

rnese

Yes. I was the one who suggested that there were no rock bands anymore. And if there is one...well... Disney is MUCH better off sticking with Aerosmith.

Matt_Black

It RnR is rethemed, I don't believe any band will be involved. No inside knowledge, but it would be easier to retheme the ride as a Disney property. This seems to be the way Chappie wants it.

There's one band he might go for...

latest

PorterRedkey

I would dig it, but the Muppets aren't exactly in their prime now. I hated the Office-style sitcom they had - now canceled. Give me the variety show!
Despite that, I did here a rumor that the Muppet's mobile lab will be appearing in, of all places , Epcot. Go figure.

MagicHappens1971

I would dig it, but the Muppets aren't exactly in their prime now. I hated the Office-style sitcom they had - now canceled. Give me the variety show!
Despite that, I did here a rumor that the Muppet's mobile lab will be appearing in, of all places , Epcot. Go figure.
With the lack of things to do, and the thematic sense, it would be much more logical to appear in that, oh whats it called, Muppets Courtyard in HS. :banghead: But I forget logic is not something Disney's been good at as of late

Next Big Thing

Red Hot Chili Peppers, while past their prime, could fit the ride well. Aerosmith wasn't exactly in their prime when they got the ride originally anyway.

Disney has a history of working with the RHCP too. They used their music on California Screamin' and Space Mountain at Disneyland during a promotion in like 2007 or something.

Goofyernmost

Red Hot Chili Peppers, while past their prime, could fit the ride well. Aerosmith wasn't exactly in their prime when they got the ride originally anyway.

Disney has a history of working with the RHCP too. They used their music on California Screamin' and Space Mountain at Disneyland during a promotion in like 2007 or something.
If the only alternatives are no longer in their prime... why bother. It's working well the way it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it. No one goes to see the band anyway... it tis the ride that they be after!

Next Big Thing

If the only alternatives are no longer in their prime... why bother. It's working well the way it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it. No one goes to see the band anyway... it tis the ride that they be after!
Well eventually a change will be needed. The band is retiring and they're becoming increasingly irrelevant. The ride could have 5-10 more good years with Aerosmith, but at that point I think serious consideration of a change will need to be made.

Goofyernmost

Well eventually a change will be needed. The band is retiring and they're becoming increasingly irrelevant. The ride could have 5-10 more good years with Aerosmith, but at that point I think serious consideration of a change will need to be made.
Agree, however, the music and the way it fits in with the ride is not retiring and like I said, who goes because it's Aerosmith? It is all about the ride itself not the background music.

Next Big Thing

Agree, however, the music and the way it fits in with the ride is not retiring and like I said, who goes because it's Aerosmith? It is all about the ride itself not the background music.
You're right, Aerosmith isn't a huge selling point for most. However in 10 years the band members will be in their late 70's/ early 80's.

I just think at some point there comes a time when a change needs to be made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom