RnRC New Theme Discussion

RSoxNo1

Red Hot Chili Peppers, while past their prime, could fit the ride well. Aerosmith wasn't exactly in their prime when they got the ride originally anyway.

Disney has a history of working with the RHCP too. They used their music on California Screamin' and Space Mountain at Disneyland during a promotion in like 2007 or something.
Red Hot Chili Peppers didn't exactly enjoy their last interaction with Disney. They didn't like how it was advertised and their fans accused them of selling out.

MOXOMUMD

Oh, I know; he was in the Gen 13 pilot.
the_wild_thornberrys.donnie.jpeg
:D

WhatJaneSays

I know I'm unlikely to get my Tron coaster so ... I'm just going to toss Daft Punk's name into the ring here.

(And before anyone chimes in: I know Rip Ride Rockit has a Daft Punk song. But that's not the same thing as a themed coaster.)

That Guy

I would love to see this get a Hyperspace Mountain type overlay.

The scene with the band could become a briefing on how to attack the Death Star.

The loading area could become Yavin Base. (The secret rebel base from the original movie) It looks like it would smell like hydraulic fluid in the film, so that fits.

The launch would be entering hyperspace. (It is cool on Star Tours, I can't even imagine it on that launch)

The rest would be a dogfight with TIE fighters (projected) and a Death Star Trench run. Avoiding blasts while zooming through the corkscrew would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I love cruising through a giant pink donut, but if they ever go in a different direction from Aerosmith this would be my dream.

matt9112

I'd be satisfied with it and would much prefer it. RnR doesn't really fit Sunset Ave anyway and breaking it off (and maybe putting some other stuff there in addition) as a different land would be a reasonable thing.

so.....somehow GOTG would fit well.....on sunset....

matt9112

I would love to see this get a Hyperspace Mountain type overlay.

The scene with the band could become a briefing on how to attack the Death Star.

The loading area could become Yavin Base. (The secret rebel base from the original movie) It looks like it would smell like hydraulic fluid in the film, so that fits.

The launch would be entering hyperspace. (It is cool on Star Tours, I can't even imagine it on that launch)

The rest would be a dogfight with TIE fighters (projected) and a Death Star Trench run. Avoiding blasts while zooming through the corkscrew would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I love cruising through a giant pink donut, but if they ever go in a different direction from Aerosmith this would be my dream.

or they could just ya know not turn the entire park into "star wars omg park" and actually put a bit of thought into things...you want them to build parks like they design merch....

matt9112

You know how GotG can fit in RnRC without harming the theme of Sunset? Make it the beginning of a new land featuring them, BH6, and the Incredibles going into Animation Courtyard. There's your phase 4. The archways to perfectly separate it and make a nice transition are already there, just work on them a bit more.

I would also prefer a new ride. Just spitballing here.

would rather they close the current entry than and simply reroute guests from back over through animation courtyard....can we just leave the one unbroken street in the entire park alone....i mean really guys.

matt9112

A generic superhero land leaving it open to add more should they ever have another hero IP that's popular and can be used in WDW. Think New Fantasyland but better.

NFL thematically is all the same even if each ride is different it blends quite well. the themes you want to mix are much more diverse and unique. NFL is essential a generic forest like setting where each attraction sort of comes to the forefront when you approach it.

matt9112

If they want to update RnR, then take the digital media approach as with Star Tours and others. Create tours with multiple bands, see a band in the studio, then ride with them. Easier overlay, more fun, keeps the general theme that people enjoy, and still aligns with the Hollywood persepective of that part of the park.

or just copy rip ride and rock it and let me pick my music.....and keep theme generic in the spaghetti bowl

matt9112

Rock N Roller Coaster doesn't have a theme. It's crap

the theme is a recording studio than a concert....the coaster itself may lack depth due to the crappy cut outs and off the shelf nature but to say it has no theme is a bit rich. it has a preshow that sets the story and the ride exit continues that. To me if they redid the spaghetti bowl props it wouldn't be that awful but that will never fix the fact that it is a super tame coaster. inversion count is garbage and the layout is not conducive to any thrill. It has the "cool" launch factor which is fun but after that its a bit underwhelming.

matt9112

I know I'm unlikely to get my Tron coaster so ... I'm just going to toss Daft Punk's name into the ring here.

(And before anyone chimes in: I know Rip Ride Rockit has a Daft Punk song. But that's not the same thing as a themed coaster.)

rip ride rock its audio is much better than RNRC. not just the selection bit but the audio quality and the fact it has real lows granted its also much newer.

Goofyernmost

we dont talk like that.
Are you arguing with a lifetime New Englanda thaya? That is a wicked bad ideer! I lived up aer for 63 years before I came to Y'all land. That's a wicked long time. All three kids in my avatar picture were born in the land of snow and ice and the logo on my hat says GMTA or Green Mountain Transit Agency. ;):p:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom