Rivercountry returning?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
tink81 said:
huh? Alligators in Magic Kingodom? What lake near Splash Mountain?

Does anyone else feel like they are taking CraZy pills??!!!

Sure, alligators wander into various waterways in WDW all the time. Here is a picture of one at the docks in Frontierland from the WDWMagic photo albums (not mine)

1479IMG_0260_copy.JPG

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
wild01ride said:
But my point is that there's a darn good chance of stirred up mud/water coming in contact with your "nasal or oral mucosa" and/or your head going in the water.

Nevertheless, judging from the aerial shot, that water is definitely sticky and icky.

There's always a chance. Walk barefoot, particularly in the south and there is a chance of getting worms, swim in any lake, north or south and there are risks. Swim in the ocean and there is always a chance of meeting a shark, jellyfish or some other creature. Walking down the street, you can come in contact with all sorts of communicable diseases.

I don't set the policies for Disney. The best I can offer is that they build great pools and waterparks, so don't consider allowing swimming in the lakes as an addition to the magic. They are adhering to the previously mentioned State Law in this. If other water sports are allowed by that law, then they are making the business choice to offer them.

Even without any other risk factors, River Country has been replaced with bigger and better, and will not be coming back.

relloron

I believe it is closed but if you ever do get a chance go to Fort Wilderness and see if the gates are open. We got some nice photos near the welcome sign and got to look around a bit. =) It was quite fun.

minnie2000

I was looking at some pictures of the CB resort, and notice that there is a beach (by a lake) with hammocks etc. I know that you cannot swim in the lakes, but is it OK to paddle at the edges - if we sat on the beach I wouldn't be able to keep my kids away from the water!

surfsupdon

minnie2000 said:
I was looking at some pictures of the CB resort, and notice that there is a beach (by a lake) with hammocks etc. I know that you cannot swim in the lakes, but is it OK to paddle at the edges - if we sat on the beach I wouldn't be able to keep my kids away from the water!

I have walked in the water before, up to about my ankles to shins. Right up against the shore, the lake has a very sandy bottom, but only for a few feet. Past that it is very murky and seaweedy. There are children always building sandcastles at waters edge, and it is typical to see Guests walking in the shorebreak area to get their feet wet. I really have enjoyed all of my stays at Caribbean Beach, have a great trip!

ballewclan

So why couldnt they just completely close the lake off from the water area. Okay so it is lake fed water, couldnt they convert it to...non-lake fed water? :hammer:

We stay at FWC nearly every visit so it would be great to have that for the resort. Is the bottom of the main lagoon concrete? Or is it natural dirt or sand? Theres gotta be some way...how expensive would it really be?

bob0012

Just an interesting point, look at this new shot from google earth, the water in the pool now seems to be clean.

Attachments

• rivercountry.jpg
    rivercountry.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 241

jmvd20

bob0012 said:
Just an interesting point, look at this new shot from google earth, the water in the pool now seems to be clean.

True, But when was that picture taken? Says copyright 2005 but it could have been taken long before that.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There also appears to be several cars in the parking lot, so I would assume that this picture was taken when RC was still open.

bob0012

unkadug said:
There also appears to be several cars in the parking lot, so I would assume that this picture was taken when RC was still open.

They copywrite on that is 2006, and the other water is all green and nasty.

jmvd20

I just checked google earth and found that Soarin is not even under construction at EPCOT when this picture was taken. I'm not sure exactly when the Soarin construction was started but this picture is at least a few years old.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Remember that various different areas on these aerial pics can be taken at different times and stiched together.

Example; Windows Live. The aerial picture is identical to Google - nice and clean, blue water. Switch to the birds eye view and it`s a disgusting green mess.

Yes, the bird's eye view shows nasty water at RC and walls around the main area with the slides. The smaller pool to the lower right of the main pool is walled off too and has water that is just as disgusting.

Edit: Umm.. I also found something while looking around and I found these things...http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.493153~-81.620682&style=h&lvl=16&scene=3900735 .... they look sand pits.

Edit again: Whoops I think I wandered off property. I found more... on property this time... I think: http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=28.402041~-81.624269&style=h&lvl=15&scene=3926351

blazerblvd

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom