Ring removed from pavement at Haunted Mansion

ead79

All I know is two things...

1. The "ring" is from an old gate

2. There is no official storyline.

Anyone who wants to disagree, go ahead but I am 100% sure on those two facts.

I agree with you about the "ring," but I disagree a bit on point #2. Disney's Imagineers don't just design an attraction--even simple things like the TTA have storylines. These storylines help to keep the Imagineers consistent throughout the scenes of each attraction as well as consistent within each land and park. I'm not saying that the official storyline is the same storyline that fans have developed over time, but I'm sure the Imagineers used a storyline when creating the Haunted Mansion.

raven

It isn't a ring, it's never been a ring and it will never be a ring. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. And there are other holes in that area lined up with this one proving it was once a fence.

As far as where it went, pavment cracks and has o be replaced.

:xmas:

bhg469

I always got a good chuckle out of the proposals done at the "ring". I should propose next to something more permanent like the wand on spaceship earth :)

Lee

Adventurer
but I'm sure the Imagineers used a storyline when creating the Haunted Mansion.

Normally there IS a backstory for an attraction, even if it isn't always evident. However, the Mansion has NO storyline, official or otherwise, except for the obvious "tour of a haunted house, led by a ghost" story. It's just a collection of Marc Davis and Rolly Crump's imaginative scenes.

JaclynR

I saw the "ring" early in our latest trip and then when we went during our last 2 days, I couldn't find it to show my dh. Now I know what happened.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Normally there IS a backstory for an attraction, even if it isn't always evident. However, the Mansion has NO storyline, official or otherwise, except for the obvious "tour of a haunted house, led by a ghost" story. It's just a collection of Marc Davis and Rolly Crump's imaginative scenes.

"Theme" is often confused with "plot" (another term for "story" or "storyline") but there is a distinct difference.

Rather, plot is a device which can be used to evoke a theme. Plot is the order of events. You can tell events sequentially or not, for example foreshadowing gives dramatic effect.

But without plot, you can still have a theme. The Dumbo ride is the embodiement of this idea. It evokes feelings of the free spirit, the desire of whimsical freedom, the unattainable dream - for an elephant to fly. It has absolutely no plot. But - it has a theme.

Mansion Butler

When did they remove it? I was there last week.

And no its was not part of a gate. Does this look anything like a gate part or fence or anything like that? and do you see any others around if it was a gate.

hauntedmansionring.jpg

hauntedmansionringzoom.jpg

Yes, it was part of the old gate. And there were a couple other holes like that around.

And anyone wondering why they'd get of it might want to take the Disneyland Mansion into consideration. Think hard.

Oh yeah, Haunted Mansion cast member here, not crackpot.

Mansion Butler

Sorry, but your speculation has no logic behind it since there *was no ring* in the first place. Unless the new story of the Haunted Mansion is that there are no gates around the house, then no. This means nothing beyond general up-keep over time.

Yes, it was actually a cylindar for holding the gate in place.

BUT every single CM at the Haunted Mansion and everyone working Adventureland and Liberty Square knows and is taught on some form of the legend. So while it wasn't a ring in the first place, it had become a ring in the minds of guests AND cast.

It could just be general upkeep, but his speculation has plenty of logic.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have the perfect reason why it is not a "ring".

Someone with enough money to live in a mansion would not give a woman a iron ring with no diamond.

Now, can we talk about how the "story" of the haunted mansion explains how Mr. Toad got buried in the pet cemetary?:lookaroun

PyxiiDustt

Now, can we talk about how the "story" of the haunted mansion explains how Mr. Toad got buried in the pet cemetary?:lookaroun

Mr. Toad got burried in the pet cemetary after his ride got replaced by Winnie the Pooh =]

Random tidbit incase you were serious (which I couldn't tell) but nice to know even if you weren't.

:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mr. Toad got burried in the pet cemetary after his ride got replaced by Winnie the Pooh =]

Random tidbit incase you were serious (which I couldn't tell) but nice to know even if you weren't.

:)

Yes, I already knew, and was not serious. Suprising how many people dont know the statue is there. Probably not alot of people know who Mr. Toad was.

mitchk

That was great putting Mr. Toad in the pet cemetery. He's all the way in the back to the left. I always wondered if that was the same statue that was on the top of the ride entrance? Anyone know???

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Precious calls for us.........We loves PRECIOUS...........We will find PRECIOUS and keeps it to ourselves..........:fork:

csm

All I know is two things...

1. The "ring" is from an old gate

2. There is no official storyline.

Anyone who wants to disagree, go ahead but I am 100% sure on those two facts.

More importanly than 100% sure, you are also 100% correct. Unfortunately when some people get an idea in their mind, it never goes away. This ring is really in the same vein as rampant speculation over what is and is not a Hidden Mickey. In truth, I'd say *at least* more than half of what people swears is a Mickey is not at all. Example, the starfield doors on the Tower of Terror, which *do not* form a Mickey head. They are a random pattern of fiber optic wires. Nothing more, nothing less. On that subject, it troubles me that (at least at one point) an *unoffical* Hidden Mickey book was sold in the park. I remember a guest showing it to me one time and just on the page or two I looked at there were already several errors - but of course, *I* was told I was lying to them, because if it's in a book "it must be true".... Ugh. Doesn't unofficial mean something?

scottnj1966

It isn't a ring, it's never been a rind and it will never be a ring. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. And there are other holes in that area lined up with this one proving it was once a fence.

As far as where it went, pavment cracks and has o be replaced.

:xmas:

It is not a real ring, just looks like one.
It is larger then a pencial eraser.
there are no other holes around it. Never was. I do not knwo why anyone is saying there is. I will find more pics I took of most of the area. No other holes anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom