Ring removed from pavement at Haunted Mansion

Mansion Butler

More importanly than 100% sure, you are also 100% correct. Unfortunately when some people get an idea in their mind, it never goes away. This ring is really in the same vein as rampant speculation over what is and is not a Hidden Mickey. In truth, I'd say *at least* more than half of what people swears is a Mickey is not at all. Example, the starfield doors on the Tower of Terror, which *do not* form a Mickey head. They are a random pattern of fiber optic wires. Nothing more, nothing less. On that subject, it troubles me that (at least at one point) an *unoffical* Hidden Mickey book was sold in the park. I remember a guest showing it to me one time and just on the page or two I looked at there were already several errors - but of course, *I* was told I was lying to them, because if it's in a book "it must be true".... Ugh. Doesn't unofficial mean something?

I get told the shapes in the railing on Cinderella's Castle is a hidden Mickey.

Nevermind you can see the exact shape (with equally sized circles) in the railings in the movie Sleeping Beauty.

Mansion Butler

It is not a real ring, just looks like one.
It is larger then a pencial eraser.
there are no other holes around it. Never was. I do not knwo why anyone is saying there is. I will find more pics I took of most of the area. No other holes anywhere.

Yes, there are. They just don't all have rings in them.

In fact, I think that's the only one that does. I'll let you know when I get home from my next trip (if indeed they did not get filled up). The other holes are, remarkably, the same size as the other one would be if there were no metal ring in it.

All this said, I play up this story and will gladly tell anyone the legend of the bride and show them the ring. Nothing wrong with creating imagination.

RobotWolf

Not a ring. Not theming. I worked at the HM when the gate was there. The "ring" is where the drop bar secured itself in the pavement.

dazzer68

it was a supposed to be a ring fallen to the ground and burried it would have done so in the grout between the 'slate effect' pavement tiles and not in the slate itself!

C&D

Official?.......................OFFICIAL??????? What the heck does that have to do with anything.................were are at Disney World, where imagination takes flight. Of course there was a ring. Duh! :animwink:

csm

Official?.......................OFFICIAL??????? What the heck does that have to do with anything.................were are at Disney World, where imagination takes flight. Of course there was a ring. Duh! :animwink:

Ooooooooooooooook.... I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was sarcastic! :dazzle:

cdunbar

Yes, it was part of the old gate. And there were a couple other holes like that around.

And anyone wondering why they'd get of it might want to take the Disneyland Mansion into consideration. Think hard.

Oh yeah, Haunted Mansion cast member here, not crackpot.

Hmmm....what does this mean, is this a confirmation of sorts that we are getting something very similar to the Disneyland Haunted Mansion?

C&D

No, no sarcasm; I believe that if there wasn't a ring proper, there is a ring inferred (though maybe not official). I've also read that the hidden mickey in the banquet room isn't official; so what, the CM's keep putting it back so that's official enough for me. Don't confuse reality with the facts because, and this is my point, this is the place of imagination, and in my mind, a ring, there is (or at least was).

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Whatever it was, it's gone now for sure. Looked last Sunday. Seen it 1000 times. Pointed it out to people. It's gone now folks.

scottnj1966

Its gone.

hauntedmansionringgone12-26-2006.jpg

CoffeeJedi

i'll confirm it for you. yes yes we are. When is not certain yet. But it's slated to happen soon.
w00t!
I'd be happy if they just cleaned the frakkin' scrims! Oh, and replaced all those old speakers and analog audio.
The floating Leota would be excellent. I'm not so sure about the bride yet. I'm sure I'll love it if they go with that enhancement though.

Scar Junior

"Theme" is often confused with "plot" (another term for "story" or "storyline") but there is a distinct difference.

Rather, plot is a device which can be used to evoke a theme. Plot is the order of events. You can tell events sequentially or not, for example foreshadowing gives dramatic effect.

But without plot, you can still have a theme. The Dumbo ride is the embodiement of this idea. It evokes feelings of the free spirit, the desire of whimsical freedom, the unattainable dream - for an elephant to fly. It has absolutely no plot. But - it has a theme.

Sweet. My thoughts exactly. I love when people other than me use entertainment theory. Thank you.

Edit: Not to nitpick, but there is a difference between story and plot as well.

iheartdisney91

ok? why would they do that? i mean was it really a big deal that they had to spend some money to get ride of and awesome mistake/detail? perhaps they wil add a new one? one thats actually a ring?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom