Rides / Attractions / Park Locations that should be reworked or removed?

tirian

I agree with most comments here- Stitch, Sounds Dangerous, Indiana Jones, but I actually disagree with the Tiki- New Management-

I've always loved it- it's so cute! Why don't people like it? :confused::confused:

Because it's outdated. Ironically, as soon as Disney replaced the old Tiki room, retro became popular again (thank you, Old Navy Marketing Campaign).

Restoring a shortened version of the original show would probably bring in crowds. :shrug:

Fun2BFree

I think what they need to do is add DISNEY to disneyworld. seriously. where do the dinosaurs come from? where does ellen degeneres come from? where do the movies come from in the great movie ride? half of them aren't even disney movies! they should ALL be related to disney movies, that'd make it great. add a little portion of enchanted or something like that. i can see it! all of these things are not disney related, they're just there to take up space. indiana jones isn't even disney! someone needs to fix this. badly. hopefully when i go back there in 3 1/2 years, it'll be changed a little more.

Really? Disney movies were never highly prevalent in the parks (even when Walt was still alive) and many believe that the addition of further Disney movie-related attractions is a bad thing. Many attractions are instead based on original ideas (Space Mountain, HM, PotC, IASW, BTMRR and SSE) and are now considered essential Disney. The movies on the GMR (while not Disney) have stood the test of time as truly great movies, while Enchanted hasn't even been out a year and is ceratinly not considered among the true greats of film. Indiana Jones (and Star Wars) are extremely popular franchises, and Disney should be lucky to have the theme-park rights to such illustrious franchises.

Sorry if I offended you, but that post made me cringe slightly.

Spike-in-Berlin

Actually this ride was name prior to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. So it is NOT based on the movie.

I know, it was a little unprecise. I meant they should build an Indiana Jones Adventure that is South American themed like the Tokyo ride which is South American in opposite to the DL-ride which is Asian. And the South American-themed WDW-ride in the DHS should THEN be based on the movie.

GatorGambit

• Stitch
  • Indiana Jones
  • Tiki Room
  • being held captive before bypassing the movie after Malestrom
  • Wonders of Life's carcass
  • Test Track's totally 90's queue
  • The Sorcerer's Hat

redkoala245

I agree with all of this!
Doesn't AK have room to expand? I think Disney should jump on this while they have people goin there for Everest and build, build, build! Also everyone loves Indy why don't they just build the ride? No one will miss the show! It will help with the thrill factor that they have at DHS. Stitch, hmmm, i think they should have like on room converted back to a scarier version of AE or Stitch (if they have to stick to one theme) and have the other room for the people who are scared of AE. Sounds Dangerous should just go! They really should put something else there....... I dont agree with Pooh, i think they should just axe it, put something Ariel in there i mean you have the grotto and then pooh? just my opinion. I would love for them to update GMR i mean with all the new movies they should! Put something Narnia or something in there. Backlot, man i loved this ride when it had the houses, remember that? Now its just a ride to ride cuz your waiting for your TSM fastpass to come. Star Tours should be updated!!!! Do something with the new movies or something.....
Epcot just needs more stuff in the countires, Canada should get the water ride!
All right thats all i got.......
AK does have room but they never touch it. I never saw Sounds Dangerous and the other people I go with thinks it "sounds lame". I don't even know if the countries at Epcot could have room.

DreamIt

I'd make some changes to Tomorrowland. It went from being about a possible future to anything cartoon with a space theme, and that's fine, but the theming there is a mess.

• I HATE Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor there. How exactly does that fit in with Tomorrowland? Move it to Pixar Place in the studios.
  • What to do with the space left by MiLF? I'm not sure. Maybe expand Buzz Lightyear into there. Or have some sort of C-ticket in there. Something like the Tea cups, but it would be dark and have funky stobe lighting and lazers
  • Stitch is fine. I know it's not a well-liked attraction, but it fits with the cartoony/sci-fi theme just fine. There's not a lot of room there to do anything but that type of show.
  • Remove CoP. It doesn't go with the cartoony/sci-fi theme anymore. I know it's near and dear to a lot of hearts. I myself absolutely LOVE it. But let's face it, it's not going to get any more popular. Let it die and use the space for something else.
  • Get rid of that stage. It's a whole lot of real estate for nothing.
So what to do with all the space left by CoP and the stage? Well, I don't know. There'd be enough for a D-ticket and an E-ticket, but what? I'd like and Incredibles ride, but does that fit in any more than Monsters, Inc?

There's Atlantis and Treasure Planet, but that's not exactly going to set the would on fire. Maybe a ride-through home of the future, a la the Haunted Mansion. Not a serious home of the future. It would be more along the line of the Jetsons that Innoventions.

Legacy

Eh... this is going to be a popular suggestion...

Get rid of Beauty and the Beast: Live at DHS.

Now, before people get sore about this suggestion, listen to what needs to be put in.

A few years back, Disney Theatrical had a revue that toured called On The Record. The "story" surrounded the recording of an album. It featured 60 Disney songs, many in medley form, ranging from "Minnie's Yoo-Hoo" to "Will the Sun Ever Shine Again" from Home on the Range. It featured a live band and eight singers. It was very reminiscent of the old "Kids of the Kingdom" performances.

That needs to replace BatB.

It can organized the same way, set in a recording studio (it's right across from G-Force Records) but instead of a two-hour revue, it could be a twenty minute one. The songs performed during each show would change, simply because there are so many options available. It won't become dated, because new songs can be added as they come out, and sents it won't be the same show everytime, the re-watchability is high.

BatB is dated, formulaic, repetitive, and the lip-synching drives me up a wall. A reworked On The Record could be huge.

As far as Indy goes... I still stand by the flume ride idea for DHS.

kingslyZISSOU

My wish number one: FIRE the "new management" of the Tikki Room. I just hate it, what a kind of annoying, loud, hectic and aggressive pile of crap they made out of this disney classic! I want the real Tikki-Room back. The present show isn't even tikki any more, they don't even finish the classic Tikki-Room-Song, they are already interrupted before they finish their first refrain by this annoying red feathery bast.....:brick:

More to come...

I agree, they killed that show. I really hope they dont change the one at disneyland. I want to go there some day

cblodg

The country bears really need to be fixed up. The audio there is awful.

The Country Bears definately could use an update. The sound is pretty bad in certain spots. I'd like to see the Bears "Go into Hibernation" and get some AA updates done on them. Don't change the songs though. Gotta love "Momma Don't Whup Little Buford" and "Blood on the Saddle"

I think the Animal Kingdom could do without Chester and Hester's Dinorama area. I just think it's tacky, especially for Disney, and it kind of takes away from the nice ambiance the rest of the park has. It would nice to see more of an authentic dinosaur theme (think Jurassic Park/prehistoric overgrown Jungle) since C&H is in Dinoland.

Spike-in-Berlin

I think the Animal Kingdom could do without Chester and Hester's Dinorama area. I just think it's tacky, especially for Disney, and it kind of takes away from the nice ambiance the rest of the park has. It would nice to see more of an authentic dinosaur theme (think Jurassic Park/prehistoric overgrown Jungle) since C&H is in Dinoland.

DEFINITELY. Someone else already mentioned it, it is exactly the kind of cheap fair atmosphere Disney wanted to avoid when he planned DL. And it wasn't planned this way originally. There was a much better design, including a dinosaur-rollercoaster, I don't know why they chose this solution. It just isn't DISNEY! Just like that pier area in DCA with cheap attractions like a ferris wheel and an unthemed rollercoaster. I don't want this in a disney park, there are much more impressive (concerning speed and thrill) unthemed rollercoasters in every German amusement park or even volksfest. I come to disney parks for the most elaborate, most heavily themed and most perfectly designed and fascinating rides in the WORLD. Scrap the "Primeval Whirl" and give us something truly Disney and not these lame excuses for a real theming.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
In short:
Dino-rama!
Camp Minnie-Mickey (Lion King can be relocated)
Sounds Dangerous!

There's more, but those are the worst offenders.

figmntal95

I actually have an idea for Primeval Whirl. I recently visited Six Flags and rode Tony Hawk's Big Spin. I thought it was going to basically be the same... but it was actually very smooth and not as jerky as PW. Disney should probably look into it and either remove and rebuild it into the original idea (The Excavator) or just do a big refurb.

paul436

Primeval Whirl, I think, should be replaced. It's just a jerky ride- when I rode it I got thrown from side to side and nearly hit my head- and it's short with little spinning anyways!
The entire Dinorama area can go as far as I'm concerned. Carnival games cheapens things to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom