Rides / Attractions / Park Locations that should be reworked or removed?

"You beat me to it! I could do without Primeval Whirl. They could put in a whole new great attraction in there."

Actually I could live without the entire "Dino-rama"-area. It's only some kind of a little more than usual themed amusementpark. Cheap rides instead of real disney attractions. AK still has far to few rides and other major attractions, another major addition like the originally planned "Beastly Kingdomme" (present Camp Minnie-Mickey) however is still far in the future I fear.

Another attraction that desperately needs an update is the alltime-classic Jungle Cruise. Sorry but it definitely needs NEW, advanced audioanimatronics and some new ideas, e.g. the Piranhas, they added in Disneyland. And by the way, the skippers have become even more loud and annoying. I say back to the roots, JC was originally planned as a serious true-life-adventure, make it more dangerous and more technologically advanced.

Two minor changes, that would improve Adventureland:
Remove the Flying Carpets, they completely spoiled the central area of Adventureland and the Arabian theming ist just not appropriate for the opposing south sea-theming of the Tikki-Room area. It is an optical intrusion and all this for a quite cheap attraction.
Another change in Adventureland: Reopen the shop in the Carribean Plaza Area and bring back those steeldrum bands in the then again vacant plaza. It added so much atmosphere to the area.

And of course I agree with the others: WDW NEEDS AN INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE in adventureland. The best would be a South American themed ride like in Tokyo which is based on Indiana Jones 4.

I don't agree on the Dino-Rama i kinda like it but thats my opinion. I do agree with improvement on Adventureland but maybe just move the whole Agraba area to somewhere else? Alot of people like the flying carpets ride. I do think that WDW needs an indy ride but in Adventureland? I think it would fit better in DHS with the whole movies feel and it would just replace IJSS. I dont think Disney will redo Adventureland to fit IJ ride....

the-reason14

Def. the monsters inc show. It is and was for me a complete waste of time. Nice theme it just was executed poorly. Atleast, change the name, get rid of the comedy in it, because it aint funny, just corny and stupid.

WOL, I went in there I think in April for one of those special event things, I forget which one. But imo, it was a place that had rides and shows it should be used or replaced with a place that has rides and shows, or just one big amazing ride. Im glad that its still being used, I just think it shouldnt just be a special events place since that wasnt its original purpose.

And ofcourse the pooh playground. They need to move that mess someplace else because thats some valueable real estate there, they need something for everyone not just the kids, they need a dark ride or something, or take inspiration from DL's fantasyland and add casey jr. trains, or something, not just a measly little playground.

Spike-in-Berlin

Indiana Jones Ride in DHS

I don't agree on the Dino-Rama i kinda like it but thats my opinion. I do agree with improvement on Adventureland but maybe just move the whole Agraba area to somewhere else? Alot of people like the flying carpets ride. I do think that WDW needs an indy ride but in Adventureland? I think it would fit better in DHS with the whole movies feel and it would just replace IJSS. I dont think Disney will redo Adventureland to fit IJ ride....

You are right about the Indiana-Jones-Ride. It really would fit better into DHS but I LOVE Adventureland, it's my favourite land and I am a little frustrated, that the last major addition was in the 70ies with POTC. Since then there were only minor changes: Flying Carpets, those radio-controlled boats, which is a kids-only-attraction and quite cheap looking, a better themed cueing line for the Junge Cruise and the refurbishment of POTC after the movie became a megablockbuster. And because the Indiana Jones Adventures in Anaheim and Tokyo are both placed in Adventureland I thought it could be the new e-ticket ride the MK is actually waiting for desperately. The last new e-ticket, Splash Mountain is 16 years ago and one e-ticket was even closed since then, 20.000 Leagues, although I don't really miss it.

krankenstein

And because the Indiana Jones Adventures in Anaheim and Tokyo are both placed in Adventureland I thought it could be the new e-ticket ride the MK is actually waiting for desperately.

Actually the Indiana Jones Adventure at Tokyo Disney Resort is in the Lost River Delta section of Tokyo DisneySea Park.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I think if an Indiana Jones Adventure were to be built I think it would fit better in DHS. Even though Adventureland desperately needs a new attraction, I don't think it would fit into the MK as well. But, I don't really want an attraction the same as Disneyland has.
Something new needs to be put into MK.
As for the Country Bear Jamboree, it used to be one of our family's favorites but now I don't feel the same as when I used to ride it. When we saw it on our last trip, the theater was not crowded at all and no one was clapping or anything during the final song. Not the same as it was, it needs replaced. :(

Thiger

sounds dangerous is just bad
I would replace it with something like a 4d movie or a MILF featuring roger rabbit or something

I would love to see star tours updated with the classic characters

Spike-in-Berlin

sounds dangerous is just bad
I would replace it with something like a 4d movie or a MILF featuring roger rabbit or something

I would love to see star tours updated with the classic characters

I thought they ARE already planning Star Tours 2, aren't they? And you are right, ST is SO outdated it definitely needs an update. By the way aren't they making the Jedi-Academy a permanent attraction in the Star Tours area?

tdonald

Are the attractions of Wonders of Life (mostly Body Wars and Cranium Command) still existing? Or were they removed?

I'm 99% sure they're still there. I rode them when the WoL was briefly open during Dec. '06, and there haven't been any signs of destruction of the actual rides themselves. That's why there are still some rumors of it reopening.

EpcoTim

Replace (competely remove, start over)
*All of Dinoland except Dinosaur
*Stitch
*Pooh's Playful Spot.
*Speedway
*Country Bears
*Indiana Jones show (Keep Indy theme, ditch show)
*Rafikis Planet Watch, or whatever it's called.
*Camp Minnie Mickey
*Magic Carpets of Aladdin
*Ariels Grotto

Redo (Keep the theme or concept, just rebuild, new tech, etc)
*Star Tours
*Great Movie Ride
*Kali River Rapids (Fun, but nothing special, make it longer, something)
*Maelstrom
*Universe of Energy
*Do something with the all the empty pavillions around Epcot.
*Peter Pan
*Indy Speedway (might be a better venue for a Rocket Rods type concept??)
*Pirates of the Caribbean (maybe)
*Journey into Imagination (immediately get this out of here)
*Tommorowland (More of a Jules Vern themed area, ala DisneySeas)
*Mission:Space

Add
*Beastly Kingdom (change name)
*Fire mountain/Bald mountain concepts.
*New countries
*Anything to AK/MGM
*South America area to AK
*Nice Boat ride (Nile maybe) to AK
*Etc.

Spike-in-Berlin

Indiana Jones Area

My list of things to be rid of:

Stitch's Great Escape (my #1)

Totally agree. Bring back the REAL Alien or close it completely. If some parents still don't pay attention to the warning signs and have to go in with small children which come out ____... their pants it is their OWN fault.

Backlot Tour (HUGE waste of space, nobody cares and frankly it's uninteresting)

Yep. Especially after they cut away a lot of the tour. And Catastrophe Canyon is not the best desaster-simulation either.

souunds Dangerous (don't completely hate it but it can go)

I don't know this one so I can't judge.

Wonders of Life (was great but it'll never be back)

I agree but why get rid of something that is already closed.

Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends (waste of space, period)

Don't know about this one.

Tomorrowland Speedway (it'll probably never go because kids love it, but I wish the space was used MUCH better)

ENORMOUS waste of space. Lame, slow, outdated, BOOOOOOORING.:snore:
I just don't get it why they keep it.

I like Primeval Whirl... it's fun, but it's a ride for Six Flags, not Disney, and if something better was built it would be great.

Never did it. Not Disney enough to me and the entire Dino-Rama seems like a poor excuse for something better to come in the future.

And I don't think the Indy Stunt Show or the HoP should go. Even if they were going to build an Indiana Jones Adventure, I think there's room at WDW for both.

Actually it could be the opportunity to combine them to an entire Indiana-Jones themed land or at least sub-land, with a new improved stunt show, a dark ride like IJA based on Indy 4, a themed restaurant and store.

I think Stitch is actually pretty fun. It's not as great as Encounter was, but.. well.. I feel better not hearing all the little kids freaking out while waiting in line... (It happened to me while in line for King Kong when I was little!I had a sixth sense for identifying really scary rides..)

Pooh's Playful Spot.. :brick:

They can totally make a super cool E-ticket for WoL based on the human body. Spiderman-meets-Body Wars. A Weather pavilion would be awesome too.

A refurb of Star Tours.. Heck, let's get an entire Star Wars land!!!!

I love the Indiana Jones Show.. But they should add a ride behind it.. there's space!

Everyone's right about Sounds Dangerous.. yuck..

As for the Backlot.. either produce shows/movies there, add some mock movie sets (a la Universal Studios Tour) or just get rid of it. Don't get rid of Catastrophe Canyon though! (A clever poster on a different thread had the idea of making it a walk - through attraction... That would be awesome.. :sohappy: )

TigerLily_CM

do something with the Odyssey at Epcot...it's such a beautiful building with a beautiful view that's going to waste

Loved Horizons...maybe bring back an updated version

Make Imagination more about Figment and Dreamfinder

I miss Mr Toad

mro415

Stitch's great escape was probably the biggest dissapointment for me. Honey I shrunk the audience is horrible compared to Philharmagic.

I think the whole dinosaur are of AK needs some work.. BUT NOT the dinosaur ride becuase that is MY FAVORITE!!!!!! i love that ride..

I think toon town could use a cute new ride!

lighteningqueen

My DH says Mission Space. I say UoE with Ellen. Although I lijed the ride somewhat love dinasours stuff but the intro is way to long. It is about 40-50 minutes you could do something else in. The seats are hard and uncomfortable.
Stitch it started on fire last dec on us so glad we didnt get to ride it.

Playhouse Disney.. Horrible meaning the kids cannot even see whats going on on stage... Honestly I got down to my grandsons level and couldn't see a thing. They need some risers in there for the parents. Hardest thing to get up and down plus I couldn't even see anything so I went to the back and got talked to, to sit down. I told her I wasn't even seeing anything since they shooed us in the first row.

Beauty and the beast.. THought the show was good but they had fans mounted up above, and never turned them on. It was like a fire box in there even in Dec....

Tiki Room... I loved the Disneyland version when we went there, This one is boring and will not go to see or give it a second chance.

We need the submarine ride Disney....
Also Pirates is much better in Cal. Longer too.
Just all my 2 cents worth...

kristalovesWDW

oh my gosh. where to begin?
-- everything related to finding nemo. i can't believe how dedicated WDW is to that movie. the musical can stay, everything else (turtle talk, the clam ride over by turtle talk) must go.
-- i agree about indiana jones being a ride. they need it. when i saw it, they cancelled the show because it was raining and they couldn't damage the sets. GET RID OF IT!!
-- stitch's great escape. bring back alien encounter!! it was soo lame. i never got the chance to go on AE and i hear it was ten times better. lucky for me, i got surveyed right after i left the show, and told them that they need to have more interaction with stitch and make it like how alien encounter might've been
-- sounds dangerous. so boring.

i'm sure there's more, but those are the few i can think of.

MickeyJman06

1. country bear jamboree is old and no one really rides it anymore. thats my MK vote to be remove
  2. Epcots fine, don't see a problem:shrug:
  3. SOUNDS DANGEROUS! DHS vote
  4. animal kingdom is still brand new so i won't vote any from AK

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A few odd things I've been thinking about recently...

I think the Downtown Disney parking lot needs a lot of work, it's just not very easy to get around if it's busy at all...perhaps push back the parking just a bit and add some more room for other things.

I also think that the Innoventions Buildings need to be brought back into the open feeling that the original Communicore had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom