Rides / Attractions / Park Locations that should be reworked or removed?

silverboyd

Original Poster
some good ideas in this thread...
i'd like to add some to my original ideas:

1) Redo Dinoland USA in AK...besides Dinosaur, the whole area is not planned out very well

2) Country Bear Jamboree...it's very outdated and not entertaining since the 80's IMO

3) Enchanted Tiki Room....get rid of the "new management". It was fine the way it was before they joined in on the fun

....more to come later....

Astro_Digital

Country Bear Jamboree fits Frontierland what I do not get is if it is so out dated and boring why is it almost always full when I watch the show.

I didnt realize so many people hated the Country Bear Jamboree. It's always full when I see it and I think its great.

It has way more people at every show than the COP but no one wants to see that go. CBJ was also one of the last things Walt was working on and laughed about before he died, you can't take it away.

Thiger

I think Country Bears are cute, but very geriatric
some of the songs may be better suited to a re-boot

I think that it would be very enriching to have new songs (or reduxes of the originals) sung by country musics' top artists and seeing the new super AA's as seen on POTC.

redkoala245

1.My issue is all I want is an expansion at AK.
2.Country Bear Jamboree needs more TLC.
3.Indiana Jones should be a ride (I agree) not a show because there are soo many other shows in DHS, and no rides, besides TSM that came.
4.Stitch is getting boring and the really need to update it or it should go.
5.Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't need to be worked on. It's MK newest attraction and it came last year or the year before.
6.Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carrey. Who is going to that? :lookaroun I never saw one person comin in or out of that place. That should go. I'm sorry to the other people that like it :(.
7.Update the movies a little bit at the GMR.
8.Backlot Tour has got to go.
9. Star Tours should be updated. Especially the broken seats that I always see.
10. Epcot is fine. :)

hrcollectibles

I don't understand all the hate towards the Dino-Rama area.. It may be cheesy but that is the theme of that area. Its supposed to be a cheesy road side attraction. I think it is very well themed and pulls it off very well.

I too would like an attraction that features the Fab 5 9and I don't mean the Fab 5 from Michigan) :ROFLOL:

hrcollectibles

3.Indiana Jones should be a ride (I agree) not a show because there are soo many other shows in DHS, and no rides, besides TSM that came.
5.Pooh's Playful Spot doesn't need to be worked on. It's MK newest attraction and it came last year or the year before.
6.Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carrey. Who is going to that? :lookaroun I never saw one person comin in or out of that place. That should go. I'm sorry to the other people that like it :(.

2. Have to agree I swear the last time I went intop that attraction the bears looked like they had Mange.. I wanted to call the aspca
6. I like Sounds Dangerous especially in the middle of a hot day.. Its Hollywood Studios resting place.. Like Hall of Presidents

I agree with all of this!
Doesn't AK have room to expand? I think Disney should jump on this while they have people goin there for Everest and build, build, build! Also everyone loves Indy why don't they just build the ride? No one will miss the show! It will help with the thrill factor that they have at DHS. Stitch, hmmm, i think they should have like on room converted back to a scarier version of AE or Stitch (if they have to stick to one theme) and have the other room for the people who are scared of AE. Sounds Dangerous should just go! They really should put something else there....... I dont agree with Pooh, i think they should just axe it, put something Ariel in there i mean you have the grotto and then pooh? just my opinion. I would love for them to update GMR i mean with all the new movies they should! Put something Narnia or something in there. Backlot, man i loved this ride when it had the houses, remember that? Now its just a ride to ride cuz your waiting for your TSM fastpass to come. Star Tours should be updated!!!! Do something with the new movies or something.....
Epcot just needs more stuff in the countires, Canada should get the water ride!
All right thats all i got.......:)

cndrellagrl

I agree with most comments here- Stitch, Sounds Dangerous, Indiana Jones, but I actually disagree with the Tiki- New Management-

I've always loved it- it's so cute! Why don't people like it? :confused::confused:

Anyways, I think that the Hall of Presidents should be replaced- does anyone actually go there to do anything but take a nap in a cool room? I also agree that Pooh's area is a terrible waste of perfectly fine land that could be used for something better.

Primeval Whirl, I think, should be replaced. It's just a jerky ride- when I rode it I got thrown from side to side and nearly hit my head- and it's short with little spinning anyways! This is just my opinion but I've never liked It's Tough to Be a Bug.

IMHO

I think Hall of Presidents should stay for this reason. When it is hot and humid and I'm tired - I love having a cold place to relax and I know it will never be crowded. The show though, I could really do without - boring!

cndrellagrl

Could they? PW has quite a small footprint- I doubt they could put anything significant in its place.

Rework Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, Tiki Room: UNM, Stitch and UoE.

Replace Country Bears. By no means entertaining or groundbreaking any more, it's just some aged-AAs singing country. Axe it.

I agree, this is one thing that really does need to go. There are very few things we skip at WDW, and this is one of them (along with Tiki Room)

Spike-in-Berlin

Build a Kilimanjaro

I was a little disappointed by the Kilimanjaro-Safari. My girlfriend and I just call it the "Kilimanjaro Safari without Kilimanjaro" because there is no mountain. I think there should be a fake Kilimanjaro in some distance of the park as a background. Imagine how the pictures would look like if you shoot them with a Kilimanjaro in the background. It doesn't need to be built very massive but quite high and wide as it only serves as a background, not comparable with the mountain attractions.

Why does everyone hate the Hall of presidents?

it's not just a disney classic its an american classic and it should never go because it keeps on adding each new president!What if obama wins he'll be the first black animatronic President ! lol

DisneyMusician2

[/b]

I agree, this is one thing that really does need to go. There are very few things we skip at WDW, and this is one of them (along with Tiki Room)

I LOVE THE TIKI ROOM!

Even the new one, which is not nearly as good as the original. Seeing it again was one of the highlights of my last trip to Disneyland in Cali.

The "extinct" world of animation!! I mean come on do something with that space!!! Make a ride out of it!!!
I also think some of the other things that should be done is the Walt Disney Story, Journey into the Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D, Wonders of Life Building, Mickey's Toontown Fair, The Hall of Presidents, The Pocahontas show, and the Narnia walkthrough!!!!
Please, Please, PLEASE Disney do some dark rides with updated AA's!!!!
Some suggestions should be Enchanted, The Little Mermaid (already in the works), Cinderella, Mary Poppins, The Muppets, and Nightmare Before Christmas!!! Oh and I love the Great Movie Ride but it needs something done to it!!! Show some new scenes and make Gene Kelly look like Gene Kelly!!!

OldKeyWest

1) Beastly Kingdom. I know everyone is like NO THE THREAD THAT NEVER DIES! But come on this is the best idea EVER out of WDI. (IMO)

2)THE WHOLE DINORAMA AREA! It is the exact opposite of what Disney stands for. Walt made Disneyland because he hated the chessy tacky carnival now last time I checked that is exactly what Dinorama is, a tacky cheap chessy themed area. I understand when people say "well thats what it's supposed to be themed like" but that isn't what Disney is thats what 6 Flags or Worlds of Fun is. I don't remember where I heard this idea but I once heard that the original idea for that space when they decided to put something new was a run-away mine cart themed to a dino dig site. So kind of like thunder mt but dino themed (rough idea).

3)Two words. Sounds Dangerous. Enough said.

4)Once upon a time there was a ride at a park named Disney-MGM Studios. For a while it was the crown jule of the park but then it was neglected for a long time and much was taken away from it. Then finally it was put out of its missoury (sp? sorry) and w/ the huge plot of land 4 new rides were added and the park was restored to its former glory. The End.

5)Star Tours. This ride has so much potential but its about as old as me. Spice it up so that it can be on the same level as Spiderman at IoA which is the best simulator IMO.

6) GMR this ride has alot of potential but it needs to be completely overhauled with new scenes.

7)Keep IESS but spice it up because it is severly dated especially with the new movie out and the intrest and fan base re-newed.

8) Get rid of SGE and bring back AE that was awesome.

9) Indy Speedway this take up a HUGE space which at MK is very valuable.

10) Pooh Playground. Another thing that takes up a ton of land. Put a villians water ride :animwink:

11) Overhaul Space and make it like Paris' Space mt.

12) KRR. Don't get me wrong I love getting soaked especially in the hot summer but ONE drop! Yes it is fun but ONE DROP that is pittiful.

I would keep going but I've ranted enough. Just my two cents.;)

cblodg

DHS

Indiana Jones Stunt (un)Spectacular- This was great the first time, then it just NEVER changed. It's so bad now, that the person they have portraying Karen Allen isn't even brunette anymore. Get the ride in there.

Back Lot Tour- It's not a functioning studio anymore, and all of the show houses and lots have been demolished for Lights... Motors... Action. It's just not worth it any more.

Sounds Dangerous- Horrid, horrid, horrid! Need I say more?

Magic Kingdom

Enchanted Tiki Room- I realize that this is a classic, but they tried to re-work it, and it still is not good.

Swiss Family Robinson Tree House- Again, a classic that could be reworked. Most younger people don't even know of the show. I like DL Tarzan Tree House idea better.

Epcot

Universe of Energy- This ride is a BORE HOLE!!! It needs to just go away!

Wonders of Life building- worn out it's usefullness

That's all I can think of for now

kristalovesWDW

I think what they need to do is add DISNEY to disneyworld. seriously. where do the dinosaurs come from? where does ellen degeneres come from? where do the movies come from in the great movie ride? half of them aren't even disney movies! they should ALL be related to disney movies, that'd make it great. add a little portion of enchanted or something like that. i can see it! all of these things are not disney related, they're just there to take up space. indiana jones isn't even disney! someone needs to fix this. badly. hopefully when i go back there in 3 1/2 years, it'll be changed a little more.

cblodg

"
And of course I agree with the others: WDW NEEDS AN INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE in adventureland. The best would be a South American themed ride like in Tokyo which is based on Indiana Jones 4.

Actually this ride was name prior to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. So it is NOT based on the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom