Ride videos!!!!

popkid

Originally posted by hitogoroshi
Just right-click them and save as... or download them with a download-manager!!! They all work so far...!!!! By the way, what ever happened to Popkid???? Are you still out there, Dude??

I'm still here - and there are plenty more videos to come. i've just been busy playing around with some new software, trying to learn more about video editing so i can touch up my videos and upload the best quality videos with the lowest possible file size...

oh yeah, i've also been playing with this:

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/test.wmv">click here</a>
.wmv file (windows media video file)
407KB

Attachments

• fight1_small.jpg
    fight1_small.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 423

popkid

hehe...

i'm having a great time playing around with this! i think there is a filter for photoshop, but I'm using after effects to render the blades (sorry all, they're not real) and it's a pretty simple process, just very time consuming...

here's another video though...

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/spaceshipearth_small.wmv">spaceship earth</a>

file size: 14.7MB
length: 15:37
file type: .wmv (windows media file)

(right click and choose 'save target as' to save it to your harddrive)

i gotta warn you though, this one turned out pretty dark (completely dark in spots)...

enjoy

ps- and the jedi i'm fighting is truly dazzling....

Gracy_hm

Whoops

Popkid your Space Ship Earth Video isn't working on my computer. Any one else haveing that problem? Thanks. and I love the Star Wars Video.

Thanks, Kyle B.

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
Re: Whoops

Originally posted by Gracy_hm
Popkid your Space Ship Earth Video isn't working on my computer. Any one else haveing that problem? Thanks. and I love the Star Wars Video.

Thanks, Kyle B.

It works perfectly on my computer!!! Just can´t skip through it, though!! Have to watch the hole thing, but there are worse things than that!! :D

popkid

thanks wdwcrazy, glad you liked the clip! i keep laughing at it everytime i watch it...

i used adobe premiere to capture and edit the video and then created the lightsabers in adobe after effects. the 'spark' was done with the knoll light factory plug-in.

then - i brought the clip back into premiere and put together the sounds, and viola - my very own lightsaber!...

the actually lightsaber was nothing more than a cardboard tube covered in duct tape as the handle, and a golf club as the blade :)

i'm still new at this, but the 6 second clip took about an hour to do. you can find good tutorials on how to make lightsabers and some other great effects in a variety of different programs at www.theforce.net and www.fanfilmfx.com

may the force be with you

orlpassholder

pop i have seen several ways of doing the blades.... Yep I have heard they are very time consuming. That Lady Jedi is a dazzling one she is :) very lucky man. Anyways back on topic I am getting your space ship earth one now. I recently filmed SE without the ride stopping thank the maker. Mind did turn out dark and I wasnt happy with the audio per say I cant hear the incar audio like I would like. My friend shot his with his nightvision on so he is wanting to see how it turned out I am thinkin REAL GREEN but it would be cool if it showed some hidden things

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
He has a night-vision camera??? Please make him post it!!! Would be awesome to see!!! A nihtvision filming of the hounted mansion would also be interesting!!:eek:

popkid

hold on orlpassholder, i don't think i've ever been on SE ONCE without it stopping???? i thought that was part of the attraction???

i'm kicking myself for not filming with a slower shutter speed. i'm also going to ditch the wide angle lens next time - cause although it captures much more area, it requires alot more light...

next trip i'm planning on taping each attraction several times and just editing the best parts together...

i was always tempted to use night shot, but i really wanted to try and capture the actual attraction as it's supposed to be seen...

though it would definately be interested to see what we normally can't....

popkid

Re: Re: Whoops

Originally posted by hitogoroshi

It works perfectly on my computer!!! Just can´t skip through it, though!! Have to watch the hole thing, but there are worse things than that!! :D

it depends on what version of the windows media player you're using... for some reason, the most recent versions WONT let you skip thru...

Gracy_hm, did you get the video to play? did you try and save it to your PC?

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
Popkid,do you have a video of the universe of Energy, cause I´ve never been on the new ride, cause the last time I was in Epcot it was closed!! Would be cool to see, cause I only know the original!!

orlpassholder

pop my ultimate vision for a ride video is to use two camera or one then sync the film right and split the screen into two screens where the ride would be shown with both sides just in a spilt screen vertically style

and yes pop SE is not suppose to stop ;)

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
By the way, how do you get awarded the premium member or cast member or member??? Simply by posting?? Cause that junior member really sucks... :lol:

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
While we are on the topic of ride video....

Did anybody else notice that Digital-disney is gone? I get a message that says "no web site is configured at this address." It hasn't been updated in about a year. I wonder if the higher ups pulled the plug.

Popkid, any video of Potc coming soon? Even if its dark I'll still watch it!

hitogoroshi

Original Poster
Re: While we are on the topic of ride video....

Originally posted by Sansaarai
Did anybody else notice that Digital-disney is gone? I get a message that says "no web site is configured at this address." It hasn't been updated in about a year. I wonder if the higher ups pulled the plug.

Popkid, any video of Potc coming soon? Even if its dark I'll still watch it!

Digital-universal is also gone, eventhough they updated two weeks ago!! Maybe they´re just having server probs!!

popkid

Sansaarai: POTC will be up shortly

hitogoroshi: in order to become a 'premium member' you'll need to contribute to WDWMAGIC... check the main site for details. and sorry, no video of the new UNIVERSE OF ENERGY - but next time i go (hopefully next month) i'll be sure to record it for you

orlpassholder: SE is not supposed to stop? that's amazing... i have a video a friend of mine put together from a trip we took to universal that is great. it's for the CAT IN THE HAT ride. we filmed it twice - one time filming the attraction, the other filming ourselves and he cut the two together perfectly... it's probably only really amusing to all the people involved, but maybe i'll upload it just for the heckuvit. there is actually one technique i'd love to figure out... it's the ability to actually 'look around' in a video while it's running. you can move the camera on the fly as if you were actually on the ride...

i've only seen it once before, it was on the website for the atlantis hotel in the bahamas - but it was a truly amazing affect! haven't been able to find out anything about the software/hardware required, but if i do - and have the means to obtain them - then we'll have some truly amazing videos to share :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom