Ride videos!!!!

Irrawaddy Erik

Does anyone have the music for Magical Carnival at DLP. There is a preview of it on the promotional album from DLP. It's listed as "The Springtime Parade". I'm looking for a full version.

Thanks

meanmice

There are over 100 pages now and i jsut have a simple question. How do i get this to work. I've gone to #disney-central and i've downloaded mIRC and I just can't get it to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? is there something better that I should be useing?

wdwcrazy

There are over 100 pages now and i jsut have a simple question. How do i get this to work. I've gone to #disney-central and i've downloaded mIRC and I just can't get it to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? is there something better that I should be useing?

I'm in the same boat. :(

meanmice

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
Have you guys looked at Popkid's wonderful guide on how to connect and download the files?

Here's a direct link to that document:
http://www.popkid.com/disneycentral/irc.htm

And here's the main site:
http://www.popkid.com/disneycentral/

Right under the Disney Central logo, you will see a link for the video listing of what is available.

How far have you guys gotten before you got stuck?

After you read about how to connect you follow a link that describes how to get a list of whats availiable through mIRC. this is where i get stuck. i'm not sure where this "!list" command goes exactly, even though it says channal window.

meanmice

Originally posted by DCA Fan
type "!list" in the message box at the bottom. Other options are typing "!uploads" "!audio" or "!video"

I tried that and got nothing. I guess i'm doing it right it just doesn't like me

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by meanmice
I tried that and got nothing. I guess i'm doing it right it just doesn't like me

When you type !list you should get popkidwdw's list of triggers to activate the file server. Like this:

[10:17] <bcx> !list
-popkidWDW- File Server Online Triggers:«!dizAUDIO • !dizVIDEO • !dizPCstuff • !dizUPLOADS» Sends:«0/5» Queues:«0/20» Accessed:«8889 times» Online:«0/4» RCPS:«313.5 Kbs by QuickGold» Served:«448G in 21998 files» Current BW:«0 cps» AQT:«No Wait» MOTD: -= disney resort audio and video - sorry, no proper disney movies here... =- —I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n—
-popkidWDW- mp3 Server Online Use @popkidWDW to get my full list. Sends: 0/5 Queues: 0/100 Serving: 2467 mp3's -= all my DISNEY mp'3 - sorry its a bit unorganized at the moment... =- —I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n—

If you type in !dizVIDEO a new window should pop open. Now type in dir to see a directory listing of all the files and folders. Move around the folders with DOS-type commands (explained on Popkid's page) and use the get filename.avi command to start downloading.

popkid

you dont get kicked out of the channel, you'd get disconnected from the file server if you IDLE for more than 30 seconds. as long as you are active in the server you can stay in for as long as you want.

actually, i disabled the anti-camp option on the file server, so now you can take your time.

also new in the channel is the xdcc server... it lists a bunch of files in the channel, all you need to type is /ctcp popkid XDCC Send #(insert pack number for the file you want here)

so, say you want:

#13 «25.7MB» DL Innov Transortation Tom RUsm - (0 gets)

you would type

/ctcp popkid XDCC Send #13

all the latest files are added to the XDCC server... we're trying to make getting the files as easy as we can for everyone.

fido, if you hate IRC no one is forcing ya to use it :)

disneyjedi, ru42, bamboo, myself and others have put in countless hours of effort in capturing, editing, and collecting a near 60GB collection of disney media and all i ever seem to see is people complaining just like you how they 'hate IRC'

i'm not trying to pick a fight, i wanna make things as easy as we can for everyone, but i'm curious if you hate IRC because you honestly are having trouble with it, or if you're just a lazy person who can't be bothered to take the time to learn how to properly use itl...

the first situation - i'll be glad to help with, the latter... yer own yer own...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by popkid

disneyjedi, ru42, bamboo, myself and others have put in countless hours of effort in capturing, editing, and collecting a near 60GB collection of disney media and all i ever seem to see is people complaining just like you how they 'hate IRC'

i'm not trying to pick a fight, i wanna make things as easy as we can for everyone, but i'm curious if you hate IRC because you honestly are having trouble with it, or if you're just a lazy person who can't be bothered to take the time to learn how to properly use itl...

the first situation - i'll be glad to help with, the latter... yer own yer own...

:rolleyes:
Yikes! Take a pill! A LOT of people have issues with IRC.

I consider myself VERY computer literate... and IRC has NEVER really worked right for me.

Fido

When I said "I hate IRC", I didn't mean it to come across as "I hate the hard work that all of the good people have done to bring me the chance to download gigs of free videos/music to my heart's content (at no cost to me), which happen to reside on IRC". :lol:
Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. It was more of a frustration-inspired comment about IRC, not that particular channel.

It's just one of those things that I often fail to grasp, and usually give up before I have the chance to make it succeed. Stupid is as stupid does. I might give it a chance again, now that I have a bit more time to type in a command.

This is all the fault of HTML, with it's easy 'clicking to achieve results'. Somewhere along the way, I lost touch with the old fashioned keyboard approach. :brick:

Once again, I don't think anyone owes me anything, so don't misunderstand that I was stating such a thing! Thanks for the hard work that you and everyone else have done to make it possible!

bamboo7

Originally posted by popkid

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

bamboo7

Originally posted by Fido
now that I have a bit more time to type in a command.

i don't know too much about it, as i haven;'t installed it myself yet, but i understand that if you have the latest version of MirC and the latest version of Invision (for mirc) then you no longer need to type commands to navigate a fileserver, and it is all drag-and-drop.

Fido

Originally posted by bamboo7
i don't know too much about it, as i haven;'t installed it myself yet, but i understand that if you have the latest version of MirC and the latest version of Invision (for mirc) then you no longer need to type commands to navigate a fileserver, and it is all drag-and-drop.

It does sound like it's a lot easier to use now. Maybe there's hope yet for imbecilic morons such as myself. Thanks for the info.

popkid

fido,

i'm not attatcking you in any way... all my long winded post was trying to say is"

if you want help, we're here for ya :)

no hard feelins i hope - and no one is calling you a moron. IRC can be daunting at first, but if you dive on in with both feet you'll find out it's not as deep as it seemed.... plus there are plenty of life guards on duty (how's that for an analogy?)

Fido

Thanks! I'll give it another shot when I get the chance. By the way, I was the one calling myself a moron, not you! :lol:

DisneyJedi

We're all happy to help. :) If you message one of us and we don't respond, it means we forgot to set an away message and am in no way ignoring you. I often do that, so I am sorry if someone has messaged me looking for help and I wasn't responding.

The older Invision2.0 build also had the fileserver explorer option, it just wasn't enabled by default. The latest Invision2.0 has this option enabled by default (and its a godsend). All you have to do is type the trigger and instead of a command style window popping up, you get a handy little click and double-click navigator to select what you want with your heart's content. It's crafty! :D

RU42

On POPKIDs main web site (Follow Disney-Central link in my sig) is a step by step set up of mIRC. Once you are on IRC go to the !DizUploads folder and into the PUBLIC sub folder.

In there is a guide I wrote on how to set up Invision. The file is called Guide to mIRC2.doc

The web address for Invision in that guide is incorrect. Look back a few pages, DisneyJedi posted the new address where you can get it.

Between those 2 guides, you should be set to go. Both are written in a step-by-step format.

RU

Fido

Ok guys, I've installed Invision, and this is a lot easier! I just double click on stuff. Sweet! I would have still had a lot of trouble with the regular MIRC, but thank god for this invision program. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom