Ride Ruiners

I know what you mean though. Some people amaze me on these rides. I saw a woman get off of the same boat as us on Splash Mountain once with a homicidal look on her face. About halfway to the exit she is ticked off at her boyfriend/husband. She actually yelled at him because she got wet. Duh! The first clue should have been the liquid the boat was resting on. Heck, you might, just might, even get splashed a little on IasW if you sit on the edge and water laps against the trough walls hard enough. LOL :eek:

Drenhopkins

Is it the same that I would be one of the peole who ruined a ride because I complained that I didn't get wet. I really look forward to get a little wet on these hot summer days! :ROFLOL:

Note to everyone (probably not you guys, though):

No matter how funny or clever you think you are for screaming when the lights go out in the HM stretch room or ToT library, or shouting "THE GIFT SHOP!!!" when Rod Serling says "because this elevator leads directly to:...." you are annoying and 10 people have probably done it before you that hour alone.

It would annoy me while watching it in person, but that's actually pretty funny. Hadn't heard that one.

How about people that cannot put away their cell phones on dark rides? I know flashes are bad but how about those bright screens? If these people cannot unplug and enjoy the ride/show for the time allotted then they need to just stay home and save their money. I use my 4G smartphone a lot too but not while trying to do other things like enjoy a show or attraction.

Attention Mr or Mrs Inconsiderate: Put away the cell phone!!
I'm sure your tweets can wait and no one needs to know you are
checking in from the Tower of Terror! Thanks.
;)
text-movies.jpg

Walt Disney1955

Amen brother! :sohappy: My kids have always been well behaved in public. Now at home.... that's another story. But they both tried to be stupid out at a store once...just once. I took them straight home when they were little just that once time each and I swatted them on their butts with my open hand one time. My daughter was the worst when I did it. She gave me a look like I just stabbed her pony. LOL But she never misbehaved in public again. I did the same thing to my son a few years ago and now people comment on how polite and well behaved he is. ;) My nephew and nieces are all wild ****less heathens all day long. In public or at home. Guess what... they're time out kids. LOL

Big shock there................

I know what you mean though. Some people amaze me on these rides. I saw a woman get off of the same boat as us on Splash Mountain once with a homicidal look on her face. About halfway to the exit she is ticked off at her boyfriend/husband. She actually yelled at him because she got wet. Duh! The first clue should have been the liquid the boat was resting on. Heck, you might, just might, even get splashed a little on IasW if you sit on the edge and water laps against the trough walls hard enough. LOL :eek:

Its a shame she failed to see the big mountain where the boat makes a vertical drop. She missed the big splash too huh? Hard to miss that, or even not hear it.

Bravo 229

I really like HoP and it really ruins the experience when people feel they need to voice their animosity for the opposing political party by booing or making comments about past or current Presidents.

THIS.

Also, I cannot stand people taking flash pictures in dark places, especially when they're sitting right next to you. We were on the monorail from EPCOT to the TTC after park close last spring and some drunk morons kept taking flash pictures in the darkened cab for the entire trip - not to mention the cab was jammed full of people. It was rather amusing, however, when one of said morons *protein spilled* all over his friend while sitting on one of the planters at the TTC. And what is it with people taking flash pictures right after a CM instructs them NOT to do so? Last time I went into the HOP, somebody sitting right behind me took at least 5 photos with flash during the show. I took several photos without flash, and they turned out perfect. I guess people just don't want to listen? :shrug:

Big shock there................

Its a shame she failed to see the big mountain where the boat makes a vertical drop. She missed the big splash too huh? Hard to miss that, or even not hear it.

You'd be amazed at how many people hear "Awww, you won't even get wet in the (----) row." and the people buy that load of garbage. You're gonna get wet on he rides. Some a little, some a lot.

Rowdy

You'd be amazed at how many people hear "Awww, you won't even get wet in the (----) row." and the people buy that load of garbage. You're gonna get wet on he rides. Some a little, some a lot.

Well, there is a science. I've ridden Splash hundreds of times and haven't gotten wet. But generally, you are right.

phllymouse

I'm currently at the EMH (which does not feel like it) and just got out of HM. In the stretching room, some guy decided to do a word for word impression of the Ghost Host, much to the frustration of the guests. If it was your first time and probably only time riding this, wouldn't you get ticked as well if doneone were to ruin the experience?

No lie. In June had the same thing happen. Some guy, maybe 21-25, with his girl, in that room, screamed and shouted, through the whole room so we could not hear what was being said. His girl friend thought he was funny. Low expectations I guess.
I also, same trip had, on Buzz Lightyear, a lady taking pictures. Which is fine, take pictures, but do not take flash pictures with the cart turned around pointing at me and flashing. I could not see to enjoy the ride and the competition. I am very nice, in life, but fter the 5th time flashing at me, I screamed stop it! Stop it now! She did not stop however. Ruined the ride.

TropicalFig8

How about people that cannot put away their cell phones on dark rides? I know flashes are bad but how about those bright screens? If these people cannot unplug and enjoy the ride/show for the time allotted then they need to just stay home and save their money. I use my 4G smartphone a lot too but not while trying to do other things like enjoy a show or attraction.

Attention Mr or Mrs Inconsiderate: Put away the cell phone!!
I'm sure your tweets can wait and no one needs to know you are
checking in from the Tower of Terror! Thanks.
;)
text-movies.jpg

That's one of my pet peeves on rides!
I was on Ellen's Energy Adventure,and the girl next to me kept texting on her iPhone.

Another time,my friend and I were on HM and these boys in the vehicle next to us knew the Grim Grinning Ghosts song and sang it so loud that my ears were going to pop. It's like on It's a Small World where a guy can't take the song and starts screaming in the boat. That's annoying.

Also, when a little kid behind us on JIIWF pointed to Figment and called him "Spyro" :lol:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Impressed and happy I have a fellow Nascar fan here.

But, deeply hurt and sad you'd say such a thing.

:animwink:

would it make you sadder to know that i am a Jr nation fan but still think it will be a 48/2 championship year this year :cry:

its simple.you sit in the second row behind your much larger brother and know when to duck = 1 dry ride.

Unfortunately you still walk away with wet drawers so you can either get fully wet or look like you've wet yourself. LOL My son asked us that question about someone getting of Splash Mountain when he was about 5 years old. "Dad, did he ______ on his pants?" LOL :ROFLOL:

(Hmmm, why is that word blocked?)

markchewie

I think the worst place for "The Flash Photo Morons" is in the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. Surely even the tiniest brained buffoon must see that they spoil the show for everyone every time the take a picture.

rct247

I'd like to point out that many of the offenders SEEM to be College Program kids who are here for a semester and repeatedly visit the parks and quote all the attractions. Why do I know this, because I was a CP and while I didn't participate 100%, all my CP friend did for sure.

I hated it and agree that it ruins the experience for everyone. Period.

disney fan 13

i do have to say that i hate when people ruin the ride. but one time i was on the haunted mansion and everyone else is doing the ghost host laugh and i mean everybody then its ok to join in at least in the streching room

Rowdy

would it make you sadder to know that i am a Jr nation fan but still think it will be a 48/2 championship year this year :cry:

We should probably PM, but I'm saying it anyways. You don't think 18 can get it done!? Granted, I'm never so optimistic, and I'm generally a realist. But I think it's possible this year. 2 is having a year like the 22 last year, hot for a little bit, then the fade out. But of course, overall 48 is unstoppable in the Chase.

ON topic:

Maybe it's because I go so much, but I usually don't get upset by certain things. It's people just having fun, and if they're not directly harming me, then I'm fine. I even join in on the fun with them sometimes. Granted, I never take it too far. But, a few people having fun at night with a fairly empty park, when the kids are tucked in asleep, let them have their fun.

googilycub

There's no cure for stupidity and rudeness. It is fostered from a lack of respect and in my opinion "The Timeout Generation". You can call them Y-Gen or whatever. All I have to say is respect was lost when a father could not use his belt for proper discipline.

Off topic: It says something about a persons lack of parenting ability if the only way they can control their children is either the act, or threat of physical violence.....

On topic: To me the worst ride ruiners are the flash photography people in the dark rides. There is nothing that ruins the experiance more than seeing stuff that was meant to be hidden by the lack of light, along with the blindness that results for a moment from the bright light flashing in a dark space.

Prototype82

Carry an LED flashlight. One of the really really really bright ones. Shine it in their eyes when they start taking photos and don't stop unless the turning of the buggy prevents it. Then dare them to say something about not being able to see during the ride.
This is brilliant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom