Ride Ruiners

Prototype82

If people are taking pictures in the haunted mansion in the doombuggy next to mine, I enjoy telling them off after the ride. That's always fun. I did the same thing to the dumb broad who's phone kept going off in my very first view of Del Toro's Don't be Afraid of the Dark. :brick:

benyeomans

Once during MNSSHP we had a group of about five male and females who decided to do the whole ghost host speech. Was quite annoying but i put it down to too much candy for their child like bodies.

CamiLyn227

My most recent trip this past July included one instance of someone "ruining" the ride. It happens to have also been on HM, but not in the stretching room. There was a group of teens on the ride a few cars ahead and they were screaming like they had just witnessed something catastrophic. I could tell that they were not really scared by the ride. This went on for most of the ride. I am lucky that I get to make a trip to WDW every year and that each time I get to ride HM multiple times because it really took away from the experience.

Note to everyone (probably not you guys, though):

No matter how funny or clever you think you are for screaming when the lights go out in the HM stretch room or ToT library, or shouting "THE GIFT SHOP!!!" when Rod Serling says "because this elevator leads directly to:...." you are annoying and 10 people have probably done it before you that hour alone.

:sohappy::sohappy: Absolutely! I just want to tell them that they aren't half as witty as they think they are. I myself have heard so many people do those things that I couldn't count them all. And it's just as dumb each time.

I wouldn't say it's just Brazilians. I'd say it's newer guests, specifically those that don't speak English. People who ride a lot usually have enough common sense and consideration not to ruin the ride for everyone else.

You would think so. But unfortunately the ones that ride a lot love to let everyone know they ride a lot. I think that they cannot help being obnoxious. Something comes over them and they feel like they have to show off. You can actually see it on their faces too. They really do think that they get a huge laugh from it. In reality there are people all around them rolling their eyes.

If people are taking pictures in the haunted mansion in the doombuggy next to mine, I enjoy telling them off after the ride. That's always fun. I did the same thing to the dumb broad who's phone kept going off in my very first view of Del Toro's Don't be Afraid of the Dark. :brick:

Carry an LED flashlight. One of the really really really bright ones. Shine it in their eyes when they start taking photos and don't stop unless the turning of the buggy prevents it. Then dare them to say something about not being able to see during the ride.

Tower of Terror. I was a single rider, doing the child swap, and a little girl & her dad sat next to me. The little girl was nervous as this was her first ride and the dad kept reassuring her. She was fine, until the rest of the car loaded and a very loud women kept saying how she hated this ride.
As soon as the doors closed she began screaming, and didnt stop until the ride was over. :mad:
I felt so bad for that little girl...

Communicore

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. There was also another incident this weekend at HM where some wannabe started mimicking the "Thriller" laugh every minute or so, and this person was seated several buggies from mine but it was so loud.

And that idiot in the Tiki room video - my goodness, that CM needs to get kicked out, that is absolute bad show, shoot, I meant to say, worst show! How could people like that? I guess if you are a local and you are "down" with that CM, then you will not mind, but what of the first-timers??

Communicore

Original Poster
And oh yeah, regarding the 3D "grabbers" it's not bad if it's little kids grabbing the jewels or the pie or whatever, but if it's like, adult males trying to grab Ariel then that's seriously messed up.

Walt Disney1955

There's no cure for stupidity and rudeness. It is fostered from a lack of respect and in my opinion "The Timeout Generation". You can call them Y-Gen or whatever. All I have to say is respect was lost when a father could not use his belt for proper discipline.

I agree with you, because I was spanked and I am 31 years old. My kids will be spanked too when they get old enough (I have a 4 month old). For the ones that don't like it I suggest you draw your blinds and not look into my living room when I discipline my child. :D

My kids won't be "those" disruptive people on rides, or throwing tantrums in the supermarket, etc.

I agree with you, because I was spanked and I am 31 years old. My kids will be spanked too when they get old enough (I have a 4 month old). For the ones that don't like it I suggest you draw your blinds and not look into my living room when I discipline my child. :D

My kids won't be "those" disruptive people on rides, or throwing tantrums in the supermarket, etc.

Amen brother! :sohappy: My kids have always been well behaved in public. Now at home.... that's another story. But they both tried to be stupid out at a store once...just once. I took them straight home when they were little just that once time each and I swatted them on their butts with my open hand one time. My daughter was the worst when I did it. She gave me a look like I just stabbed her pony. LOL But she never misbehaved in public again. I did the same thing to my son a few years ago and now people comment on how polite and well behaved he is. ;) My nephew and nieces are all wild ****less heathens all day long. In public or at home. Guess what... they're time out kids. LOL

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I agree with you all. Tho, one that I will never regret smiling and liking at, was in the middle of the Circle of Life film at EPCOT, a boy who looked about 8 or 9 years old shouted.. "THIS SUCKS!!!"

Oh, and the people who go on Ellen's Energy Adventure and even after many times of hearing "we WILL stop the ride if you move around, or stand", will move over to the other side of the car, to let their kid see their favorite dinosaur closer or whatever.

Another, tho not particularly what yall are talking about, but I hate, is the 7 and 8 year olds coming off of Imagination saying it's their favorite ride in the whole park. :brick:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Theme Parkitect

Kids who constantly have to jump around and grab at the 3-D stuff. Quit trying to get the jewels Ariel throws, you're never going to and you're hitting me in the back of the head!

Dude. Chill out. This is part of the Magic at WDW. And yes, DLR has the "Happiest" and WDW has the "Magical." Also, it just so happens that one woman who was a frequent went the Mine Shop bought some fake jewels and went to Phillharmagic... Then, during the movie, she saw that I had 5-7 siblings and gave me the jewels and told me to tell them that Ariel gave them to me. The priceless look on there faces would make you shut you mouth in a heart-beat. These are the things that make WDW magical. So, you don't want little kids trying to enjoy the fun? DON'T GO TO DISNEY!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Thanks for the replies. There was also another incident this weekend at HM where some wannabe started mimicking the "Thriller" laugh every minute or so, and this person was seated several buggies from mine but it was so loud.

And that idiot in the Tiki room video - my goodness, that CM needs to get kicked out, that is absolute bad show, shoot, I meant to say, worst show! How could people like that? I guess if you are a local and you are "down" with that CM, then you will not mind, but what of the first-timers??

Given the "legendary" status of Maynard (the Tiki Room CM in that video) among DL fans, I'm fairly certain Disneyland management is aware of, and approves of, what he's doing. Otherwise they would have stopped him a long time ago.

Dude. Chill out. This is part of the Magic at WDW. And yes, DLR has the "Happiest" and WDW has the "Magical." Also, it just so happens that one woman who was a frequent went the Mine Shop bought some fake jewels and went to Phillharmagic... Then, during the movie, she saw that I had 5-7 siblings and gave me the jewels and told me to tell them that Ariel gave them to me. The priceless look on there faces would make you shut you mouth in a heart-beat. These are the things that make WDW magical. So, you don't want little kids trying to enjoy the fun? DON'T GO TO DISNEY!

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm a little confused here. But are you saying that it was okay for the kid to keep hitting them in the head? Really? So if you're sitting there enjoying a show and someones kid keeps wacking you in the head during a show, you're just going to keep smiling and watching the show? Not gonna say a thing huh? Good to know. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom