Resort Refillable Mug Bar Codes???!!???

dannysbelle

Ok....I've heard a bazillion rumors about the resorts putting bar codes on new refillable mugs so they are only good for length of stay. I'm going next week and really hadn't planned on spending the money again, but if I have to, I guess I will. Anyone hear any TRUTH to this or been to an AS resort in the last week and can give a truthful update?:brick: All I've read has people all frustrated over this, but no one seems to know the actual story on it. Thanks!

db

danamarie27

What I said was that the "system" is usually free. The soda cost about 1 cent per 6 oz serving. I also said that it is good advertising to Coke. I know they give their systems away because I had one in my business. Someone asked why Coke would give away a system and I said because it is good advertising. LOL This thread is getting outta control. Let's hope they nix the barcode thing all together.:)

Upvote 0

McArcDes

I guess the all we can do now is wait and see what kind of word we get back from everyone who is going down in the near future. We will be staying at the grand Floridian in December so I will be sure to check this out when I get there.

As for what they will do with paper cups....I suppose they could print the bar code on your receipt and the system would allow only one fillup for that bar code or they print a bar code on every cup. Does anyone know how it works with paper cups at Typhoon Lagoon?

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

I see on other threads on the site, that some people are going to WDW this week, maybe we can get an up to date report on the beverage situation.:)

Upvote 0

disneydentist

Originally posted by dannysbelle
I just read a post from the Orlando Sentinal that basically said they have this system up in running at Typhoon Lagoon to make the refill lines more accessable and shorter and it is not currently at the resorts...but that the mugs you get at the resorts are "length of stay" only so if they wanted to put the scannable machines in there in the future, it would basically be set up and ready for it. Kind of a "blanket statement" but I guess it always is until the real thing actually happens.

db

24 hrs. baby!!!! I'm bringing my mugs!!!!
Here's the link: http://orlandosentinel.com/business/nationworld/orl-cfbcfbinsider17061702jun17.story

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The article sounds strange. It says that at the resorts the bar code won't be introduced, EVEN IF THE MACHINES BECOME SELF SERVE. UMMM...aren't they self serve already at the resorts?

I might be reading it wrong, but isn't that what it says?

Upvote 0

Parker

Here is a quote from the article

"Disney says the current "length of stay" refill policy now allowed for souvenir mugs purchased at a resort hotel's food court won't change -- even if self-service is eventually introduced."

even if self-service is eventually introduced I'm guessing this is talking about the water parks where they are testing the new system.

Upvote 0

2much2do

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
The article sounds strange. It says that at the resorts the bar code won't be introduced, EVEN IF THE MACHINES BECOME SELF SERVE. UMMM...aren't they self serve already at the resorts?

I might be reading it wrong, but isn't that what it says?

Nope, you are right. It does say that, which is weird. And also, this article makes it sound as if the water park refill mugs with a scan thingy on them are new. I know this system has been in place for quite some time now. Wonder why they are printing this now???????

Upvote 0

dannysbelle

Original Poster
Just back from AS-Sports...no change....people using old mugs in front of CMs with no problems....no change, seems no change to be in near future....enjoyed saving money with last years mugs...

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

Just got back this morning from ASSports. The sign says buy a mug and get free refills for the "length of your stay", but no scanning was going on and I saw people with old mugs. I say try it and just plead ignorant if they ask (which they probably won't). Can you imagine how time consuming and the man power it would take to police the mugs?

Also went to Blizzard Beach. No scanning going on there, but you did have to buy a drink sticker for the day.

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
mugs

Hey yall,
What about people who live in FL? ANYONE can get one of those mugs..just take a monorail/ bus to a resort and do it. I have actually never done this, but i was wondering.

Luv a Disney nut,

Anna

HAVE A VERY MAGICAL DAY!!!::animwink:

Upvote 0
Got back last night from ASMusic. No scanning, just the sign change like some one elso said. They are scanning the mugs at TL and BB. Your scan bar code is good for that day only. It did not make for long lines at the water parks, but i could see how it could slow down the resorts. BTW, i saw lots of old mugs being used with no problems.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Someone should call Disney and let them know their hotel has been renamed!!!:I'm certain he didn't mean to say . :lol: :lol: Sorry for the cuss...LOL that made a bad day better...TY:hammer:

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by danamarie27
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Someone should call Disney and let them know their hotel has been renamed!!!:I'm certain he didn't mean to say . :lol: :lol: Sorry for the cuss...LOL that made a bad day better...TY:hammer:

LOL-- well...I'm pretty certain Pridgefoliceman was joking with that comment. And Savannahsmiles was using abbreviations...Either everyone is very sarcastic today or no one really got the joke! :lol:

Upvote 0

2much2do

Hey Erika,
Completely off topic here but..... I am going to assume that is you in the picture in your avatar. Is that right???? Well, I know it isn't a close up, so I may be way off, but from far away you remind me of that girl in that movie.....Rat Race. Did you you see that movie? Too funny! It has John Lovitz, Whoopi Goldberg, John Cleese, Kathy Najimy, Rowan Atkinson, Cuba Gooding Jr. and a whole bunch more I can't think of right now. Anyway, in that movie there is this girl (again, having a major brain fart right now and I can't remember her name). Anyway, she plays Tracy the helicopter pilot. She looks just like you (I think) and every time I see you avatar, I crack up remembering that girl in that movie. :lol: Sorry, just felt like rambling a bit tonight!

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by 2much2do
Hey Erika,
Completely off topic here but..... I am going to assume that is you in the picture in your avatar. Is that right???? Well, I know it isn't a close up, so I may be way off, but from far away you remind me of that girl in that movie.....Rat Race. Did you you see that movie? Too funny! It has John Lovitz, Whoopi Goldberg, John Cleese, Kathy Najimy, Rowan Atkinson, Cuba Gooding Jr. and a whole bunch more I can't think of right now. Anyway, in that movie there is this girl (again, having a major brain fart right now and I can't remember her name). Anyway, she plays Tracy the helicopter pilot. She looks just like you (I think) and every time I see you avatar, I crack up remembering that girl in that movie. :lol: Sorry, just felt like rambling a bit tonight!

LOL!! I haven't seen that movie, but I'll look it up on IMDB to see who you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom