Resort alarm clocks being replaced by USB/Power hubs?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No "snooze" function with a wake-up call, sadly.

They're never very impressed when I say, "Okay, thanks. Call back in 9 minutes, please."

I wonder if you can schedule two wake up calls 9 minutes apart?

Solution: Get one room for each wake up call that you think you'll desire the following morning. Of course, rooms that are connected would work best. Also, I would hire people to be bed warmers (probably not too expensive since all they're doing is lying in a bed keep a spot warm for you) so that when you arrive at the room where your next wake up call is anticipated you will have a nice toasty spot to lie in gentle repose for 5 minutes or so. Here's a money saving tip: If you're going to shell out for say a lagoon view or views of the animals at AKL do that for the second room where you will be getting your wake up call and get a "value" price on the other 2-6 rooms you'll be reserving. I say the second room because in my experience the first wake up call will be near dawn and my bet is that whilst you are lying down in the room you have moved to after the first wake up call you'll a) be a bit more awake since you won't yet have settled into the move, sleep, move, sleep pattern and b) it will probably close enough to sunrise that a few minutes of natural beauty will really brighten the day!

OneDNP

We just got back from CSR and there were no clocks. They had an outlet surge extenderpluged into the desk lamp outlet. We have our own travel surge/usb/power strip that we brought along.

G00fyDad

Your phone will still charge just fine if it is on. I almost never turn my iPhone off, it is on charge for 8-9hrs each night and lasts me all day of normal use. :)

You should still cycle your phone a few times each week. It allows the cell manufacturer to update the phone easier. I used to never turn my phone off and it was acting all kinds of stupid. The phone IT department told me to cycle the phone more regularly. (The same as rebooting a PC/Mac.

KDM31091

I don't get why it has to be one or the other, though. To me, as long as there's an outlet near the bed for one's phone, what's wrong with still having a "real" alarm clock?

I like "real" alarm clocks purely for backup purposes. So not it's not 100% necessary or anything, but still, seems like a silly thing to take away.

officialtom

We normally end up unplugging the alarm clock anyway because I hate the glare of the numbers, and we always just use our phone alarms. We're always plugging in phones, iPads, and cameras all over the room because of the lack of plugs where we'd like them. So, this is an awesome thing!!! I hope it's widespread.

Monorail_Red_77

Stayed at Poly DVC back in early Sept. and they had alarm clock and this surge block. But surge block was mounted into nightstand shelf. Was sweet, able to plug phone in and it sat right on the little shelf built into the front of the nightstand. I'll have to see if I have a pic of it.

JohnD

It appears resort alarm clocks are in the process of being replaced by USB/Power hubs. Not sure if this is around all the resorts or just DVC resort however - can anyone confirm

CTExcYZUcAAnOQc.jpg

No one uses the clocks anymore. They use the alarm on their phone. I'm at WDW right now and I don't use the clock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom