Resort alarm clocks being replaced by USB/Power hubs?

halltd

It appears resort alarm clocks are in the process of being replaced by USB/Power hubs. Not sure if this is around all the resorts or just DVC resort however - can anyone confirm

CTExcYZUcAAnOQc.jpg
Is it really just a freestanding chunk sitting on the bedside table? Ouch. I hope this is just a test and they plan to integrate these into the furniture in the future.

Long overdue, so glad to see them putting these in. But, please make them less obvious!

freediverdude

In the Polynesian DVC studios, the alarm clock has the lightning dock on the top, and there are USB plugs built into both the night stand and the power plug above the table, so I wouldn't think they would need this there. The Grand Floridian villas also have the USB plugs built into the nightstand.

matt9112

Is it really just a freestanding chunk sitting on the bedside table? Ouch. I hope this is just a test and they plan to integrate these into the furniture in the future.

Long overdue, so glad to see them putting these in. But, please make them less obvious!

should just swap out all outlets with the dual purpose 115 volt and usb outlets.

Brewmaster

Stayed at CBR in October, they had power and USB integrated into night stands and the chest of drawers/mini fridge cabinet. Was a welcomed plus

Liberty's Belle

The alarm element of the clock is irrelevant to me, as I too, use my phone. However, we do use the actual clock while in the room. While wrangling small children, it's much faster to glance at a clock rather than pull my phone out. I'm just saying...

And in response to the coffee, yes! New coffee makers! However, it's not the coffee's fault-it's combo of unfiltered water and the filter pouch that encapsulates the coffee. It's a Joffrey's product and knowing that, I brought it home to try. Using the little pod in my keurig, I mean, come on, it's the same thing, still produced a funky taste. But, upon cutting the filter and using a reusable pod, ta da, yummy Joffrey's! And before the nasty comments about "why would you go to such effort?!" I just wanted to know why the in room Joffrey's didn't taste like the kiosks.

DisneyCane

The alarm on the cell phone is no good at night to me. I turn my cell phones off before I go to bed and them them charge. When I am at WDW, I leave my cell phone for 13 to 14 straight hours and I don't charge mine inside the theme parks.

I don't know what it is like on an iPhone but every Android phone I've ever used as well as non-smart phones I've had since at least 2000 will wake themselves up for an alarm.

Jon81uk

The alarm on the cell phone is no good at night to me. I turn my cell phones off before I go to bed and them them charge. When I am at WDW, I leave my cell phone for 13 to 14 straight hours and I don't charge mine inside the theme parks.

Your phone will still charge just fine if it is on. I almost never turn my iPhone off, it is on charge for 8-9hrs each night and lasts me all day of normal use. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom