Resort alarm clocks being replaced by USB/Power hubs?

JediMasterMatt

This is a three page conversation?

That's biggest impact that the years of malaise at WDW has caused is that we all talk ad nauseam about the most trivial junk involving the resort. It's all we had to talk about for so long.

Instead of talking about the important stuff... we talk about alarm clocks and the like. If anything, the new budget will give us new attractions to discuss; but, the masses around here have been conditioned to talk about the nonsense.

To be honest, it's easier to talk about clocks than it is to point at the doll and point out where MM+ touched you.

Doug Means

i like this thread and think all haters should just troll on by. i'm late, i'm late, for a very important date...but my phone will get me there on time.

bigorangeandy

I once stayed at a hotel and asked for a wake up call when checking in, the clerk handed me a wind up alarm clock. I've been using my phone for the past few years for waking, but I do like being able see what time it is if I wake during the night. It's not real easy if my phone is across the room on charge.

bugsbunny

I'm 45 and I probably used a pay phone before last time I used an alarm clock.

Oh the glorious years of remembering to set my alarm clock and either wake up to a crackling FM station or maybe not since there was a power spike and I can see by the blinking numbers on the clock that it happened 4 hours ago and that's why I'm now late for work.

And wake up call from the front desk? Can you hear me all the way back in the 1950s?

In all seriousness, they could remove the PHONES from a hotel room and 1% of guests would care. However, the liability of not being able to call 911 in an emergency is too great, so you will always get to have a $9/minute phone in your hotel room. Local calls are free, though!! Which is great considering I'm 1000 miles from home and I have nobody local to call.

Moving on.......

DManRightHere

I've been places that have these before. I like them, but it would be nice if maybe a wall clock were added so people could conveniently check the time.

French Quarter

I'm 45 and I probably used a pay phone before last time I used an alarm clock.

Oh the glorious years of remembering to set my alarm clock and either wake up to a crackling FM station or maybe not since there was a power spike and I can see by the blinking numbers on the clock that it happened 4 hours ago and that's why I'm now late for work.

And wake up call from the front desk? Can you hear me all the way back in the 1950s?

In all seriousness, they could remove the PHONES from a hotel room and 1% of guests would care. However, the liability of not being able to call 911 in an emergency is too great, so you will always get to have a $9/minute phone in your hotel room. Local calls are free, though!! Which is great considering I'm 1000 miles from home and I have nobody local to call.

Moving on.......

I've been to a few hotels as of late that have removed the phones from the rooms.

Blairnicol

When we were at the GF villas last August they had USB/regular outlets integrated into the nightstands as an iPod dock/alarm clock & multiple outlets around the room. It made charging all of our devices/batteries sooooo easy. Plus we always take advantage of the wakeup call system for an alarm.

NYwdwfan

Boardwalk Inn. - no clock, two of these built into the TV cabinet (one on each side):

image.jpeg

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

I love this. I stayed at AKL and the alarm clock had a charging dock on it for iPhones, but this I love. I always have to move the nightstand to plug in my phone anyways lol except for my recent stay at riverside, the nightstand had outlets on it which was nice

Nj4mwc

Just got back from all star sports, no alarm clocks and no usb plugs. I like alarm clocks i like to see what ti e is without grabbing a phone

ewensell3

Cool. Sure will make things easier for those of us who need to setup medical equipment near the beds. The outlets behind the nightstand get beat up pretty bad. In the long run it will be cheaper to replace a power strip every so often than it would to bring electricians in to replace the wall outlet. As for the clock debate, well "back in the day" (I'm "only" 40) we used to pack travel alarm clocks because they weren't always provided by the accomodations. Just saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom