Reservation expansion

MickeyLuv'r

The majority of Disney resort guests are on tickets with hopping privileges. Being on the monorail or skyliner or even the busses (for some) is part of the experience. I’ve never heard anyone say they considered that to be a waste of time.
Er, that has been said a great many times by many WDW visitors on these forums.

It is a big reason why many onsite customers drive or pay for transportation to the parks.

JMcMahonEsq

Park hopping is $56?

And of course that's on top of all the other additional charges. Transfer from the airport, hotel parking, Genie+, increased ticket prices, increased hotel prices etc.
Yes because at no other destination anywhere in the country do you have to pay to get from your airport to where you are going. And of course no hotels or vacation destinations have you pay for parking. And I know someone on one of news channels were talking about inflation and prices increases, but yeah Disney is definitely the only place in the US that has raised prices.

Chi84

Premium Member
Park hopping is $56?

And of course that's on top of all the other additional charges. Transfer from the airport, hotel parking, Genie+, increased ticket prices, increased hotel prices etc.
But park hopping has been around so long I can’t even remember when it started. It’s always been extra. It’s not a recent add-on like parking fees or Genie+. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make.

If people want to save money by not buying park hoppers, no one is stopping them. From what I’m reading here a lot of people don’t think they’re of any value. They actually prefer to do only one park each day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
But park hopping has been around so long I can’t even remember when it started. It’s always been extra. It’s not a recent add-on like parking fees or Genie+. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make.

If people want to save money by not buying park hoppers, no one is stopping them. From what I’m reading here a lot of people don’t think they’re of any value. They actually prefer to do only one park each day.
Park hopping was included in all tickets prior to 1989 or so. I remember hearing some choice words when they started charging for it

sullyinMT

Park hopping for an entire week is $56 per guest regardless of time of year, yes. I'm honestly surprised it's not more expensive.
I wonder if they’ve found that sweet spot where people are buying hoppers just to have the option available to them, and then not utilizing the perk. Like converting the dining plan meal credits into rice krispy treats at the end of a trip.

nickys

Premium Member
Well at least we all have options and can decide what's best for our own families. And yes there's plenty of opinions on this topic if you look at touring blogs and videos and comments from guests. I'd be surprised if "the majority" are paying for park hopping but maybe so. I'm off property as well, with a rental vehicle and paid parking so that also factors into the equation. I can see if you're on property, using Disney transport and want to mix and match where it could be appealing.
Quick comment. That’s twice you’ve mentioned paying for parking. Just in case you didn’t know, you only pay once for parking if you hop.

Supertech65

Actual parkhopping prices for wdw tickets (+tax) at this time:

1 Day parkhopper (add on) $69.23
2 & 3 Day parkhoppers $79.88
4-10 Day parkhoppers $90.53
I was there in Feb, May and this coming Oct and purchased 4, 7 & 10 day parkhoppers
and all three purchases the parkhopper was $90.53 per person. Not sure if there is
a discount for children's tickets but the parkhopper price is the same no matter
what time of the year your buying it. The $90.53 parkhopper add on for a 10 day
ticket is the same price for the week of Christmas as it is in the middle of September

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Actual parkhopping prices for wdw tickets (+tax) at this time:

1 Day parkhopper (add on) $69.23
2 & 3 Day parkhoppers $79.88
4-10 Day parkhoppers $90.53
I was there in Feb, May and this coming Oct and purchased 4, 7 & 10 day parkhoppers
and all three purchases the parkhopper was $90.53 per person. Not sure if there is
a discount for children's tickets but the parkhopper price is the same no matter
what time of the year your buying it. The $90.53 parkhopper add on for a 10 day
ticket is the same price for the week of Christmas as it is in the middle of September
Apologies for not clarifying: I was quoting undercover tourist. Don't give Disney more money than you need to. :)

To be exact, the 7-day park hopper option is $59.04 (or $8.43/person/day) through UT.

PassAdded Cost (not including tax)
1-day park hopper$64.34
2-day park hopper$78.64
3-day park hopper$69.67
4-day park hopper$78.95
5-day park hopper$66.50
6-day park hopper$62.84
7-day park hopper$59.04
8-day park hopper$65.38
9-day park hopper$65.23
10-day park hopper$63.00

Ayla

Apologies for not clarifying: I was quoting undercover tourist. Don't give Disney more money than you need to. :)

To be exact, the 7-day park hopper option is $59.04 (or $8.43/person/day) through UT.

1-day park hopper$64.34
2-day park hopper$78.64
3-day park hopper$69.67
4-day park hopper$78.95
5-day park hopper$66.50
6-day park hopper$62.84
7-day park hopper$59.04
8-day park hopper$65.38
9-day park hopper$65.23
10-day park hopper$63.00
*Not including tax

Supertech65

1-day park hopper$64.34
2-day park hopper$78.64
3-day park hopper$69.67
4-day park hopper$78.95
5-day park hopper$66.50
6-day park hopper$62.84
7-day park hopper$59.04
8-day park hopper$65.38
9-day park hopper$65.23
10-day park hopper$63.00
Those don't look like the updated prices. What I post is the current prices today.
There is no difference in price between the 2 or 3 day tickets when adding on the parkhopper, both are $75 before tax.
Same with the 4-10 day tickets, flat rate before tax is $85. This is just the
parkhopper option, not sure when you start adding on the water parks though.
Just realized your quoting UT, I'm going based off Disneys site since I usually purchase pkg. reservations.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

So did we ever find out what was actually going on with this? I read back the last 20 pages or so and all I can find is bickering about park hoppers in general.
Disney is planning to offer APs and CMs afternoon reservation slots shifting the current reservation slot to a "morning reservation" concept. It's likely that, to start, one afternoon reservation slot will open at times for some parks with entry beginning at 2pm or maybe even noon. As of right now, they don't plan on counting these afternoon reservations towards your allotment.

CntrlFlPete

Those don't look like the updated prices. What I post is the current prices today.
There is no difference in price between the 2 or 3 day tickets when adding on the parkhopper, both are $75 before tax.
Same with the 4-10 day tickets, flat rate before tax is $85. This is just the
parkhopper option, not sure when you start adding on the water parks though.
Just realized your quoting UT, I'm going based off Disneys site since I usually purchase pkg. reservations.

I assume the box office uses dynamic pricing -- I was just listing what I saw at the end of April -- this pic is blurry, but hoppers started at $85 and went up $10 for each different 'level'

042922-bo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom