Reservation expansion

JusticeDisney

Required was the key to the statement. I was able to pick up a ton the day of. Nothing was required pre-covid. Most places that did keep numbers down have since dropped their requirements. Disney is holding on for dear life for some reason.
I think you guys are talking about two different things.

correcaminos

I think you guys are talking about two different things.
I'm talking this, which is what the PP also quoted
Sorry no other park requires reservations to visit or have to book return times to ride attractions. I'm not saying it's hard to do but it's more work then needed.
They are making it more complicated than it needs to be with requiring what they do.

JusticeDisney

I'm talking this, which is what the PP also quoted

They are making it more complicated than it needs to be with requiring what they do.
I could be wrong, but I thought you were talking about park pass reservations and he was talking about booking ride times for particular 1-hour windows. Again, I could be wrong though.

correcaminos

I could be wrong, but I thought you were talking about park pass reservations and he was talking about booking ride times for particular 1-hour windows. Again, I could be wrong though.
Could be wrong myself but when they said "Mostly required months in advance." Nothing was ever required and you could often pick up even the newest shiny ride day of. That's how I read it (just to let you know my brain). Disney has become a lot more work than I like.

JusticeDisney

Could be wrong myself but when they said "Mostly required months in advance." Nothing was ever required and you could often pick up even the newest shiny ride day of. That's how I read it (just to let you know my brain). Disney has become a lot more work than I like.
That makes sense now that I see it your way. Sorry about my confusion there!

AEfx

I think some of these folks are either not old enough, or just not experienced enough in how it used to be, to remember the blissful time when the only thing one had to worry about before your trip was what hotel you were going to stay at, and reservations for a few sit down meals.

It is far too much work now to experience something like a theme park. It's utterly ridiculous. And I guess I'm just an old fogey, but I don't want to sit on my fricking phone all day refreshing, either. I want to put it away and look up, to enjoy the place I spent thousands of dollars to experience.

When you combine that with the massive price hikes to stay on property, it feels like paying twice as much for half the experience.

correcaminos

I think some of these folks are either not old enough, or just not experienced enough in how it used to be, to remember the blissful time when the only thing one had to worry about before your trip was what hotel you were going to stay at, and reservations for a few sit down meals.

It is far too much work now to experience something like a theme park. It's utterly ridiculous. And I guess I'm just an old fogey, but I don't want to sit on my fricking phone all day refreshing, either. I want to put it away and look up, to enjoy the place I spent thousands of dollars to experience.

When you combine that with the massive price hikes to stay on property, it feels like paying twice as much for half the experience.
Pfft I remember doing walk ups for sit downs. Or doing the computer screen at Epcot to reserve. Gosh that seemed so cool! I've been going regularly for 40 years now, so I remember a lot of changes. Some good, some bad.

JoeCamel

It has become stressful. Another poster postulated the increase in fight reports from the world was due to stress but didn't really make the connection of what visiting today can do to your levels. No more floating around in swan boats looking at fanciful sights it's all about making that next preplanned time slot and feeling like a failure if you don't

Last edited:

correcaminos

It has become stressful. Another poster postulated the increase in fight reports from the world was due to stress but didn't really make the connection of what visiting today can do to your levels. No more floating around in swan boats looking at fanciful sights it's all about making that next preplanned time slot and feeling like a failure if you don't
Fear of missing out is massive I think. When friends were traveling to WDW when FP+ even first came out I said just go with it. Try to get in what you can but never sweat it if you do miss out. Whether it was getting on a ride or getting an ADR. Nothing is worth the stress.

I have friends who were TAs who meant well but often pushed for everything. Crazy thing is, going with the flow allowed me to get some sweet rides and dining in. That BOG everyone wants? Got it 2 hours in advance for 8 people (okay that was nuts, but I had found BOG for our small party same thing another time). Want 7DMT? Looked about an hour before park opened and snagged it. Riding on a boat from MK wanting to hop to DHS soon, grabbed RnR. Same with a bunch of other rides (at the time 7DMT was probably the biggest shiniest of the time). Of course my TA friends wanted guarantees on rides and I didn't care.

The staying up at midnight for FP+ was for the birds and waking early was just as bad. Tempering expectations makes for a more enjoyable time. The more stressed one is, the worse it gets. With people just at an all time high of stress in addition to complicating parks, it's a recipe for disaster. Adding extra cost to getting these over planned days just makes it worse IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom