Reservation expansion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, the one day we pull a full MK only, we do sneak back to the resort of a nap in the afternoon to miss the heavy sun :cool:
That being said, every trip I have ever made to WDW has been in June/July/August timings. We just booked a trip in January for 2023 and can't wait to compare to the sweat shop we are used to.
lol…the temp range then is 52-90

drizgirl

Well, the one day we pull a full MK only, we do sneak back to the resort of a nap in the afternoon to miss the heavy sun :cool:
That being said, every trip I have ever made to WDW has been in June/July/August timings. We just booked a trip in January for 2023 and can't wait to compare to the sweat shop we are used to.
I purposely choose winter to visit so we can do full days. It's a lovely time to visit. And I love getting my money's worth with full days in the parks. There's always more to do than I have time for anyway.

EeyoreFan#24

I’ve never had a problem hopping with my ap. We if we are in Epcot/HS resorts, the. We usually to stick to hopping those two after a mid day break. If we’re MK area, we usually hop to MK at night and reserve others each day.

MrPromey

so again comes back to basically charging an arm and leg for it like Uni does and then force everyone in standby basically & then as ive said we will see how much FP actually effected lines ... im a gambling man and willing to bet that if such system is introduced lines will still be long no matter what and you will have even more ticker off guests

Except at Universal, most of the lines aren't that long - at least not from opening to closing nearly every day of the year.

Generally, that's only for the new attractions that are actually still new as in less than a half decade old - even that isn't a given as I've seen Velosicoaster with wait times of under 45 minutes while in the park.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Except at Universal, most of the lines aren't that long - at least not from opening to closing nearly every day of the year.

Generally, that's only for the new attractions that are actually still new as in less than a half decade old - even that isn't a given as I've seen Velosicoaster with wait times of under 45 minutes while in the park.
Universal has nothing to do with my statement we are talking disney only

bhg469

That has a lot to do with the fact that express pass isn't used nearly as much, and the lines keep moving. Lower attendance helps but its not the whole story.

Jrb1979

That has a lot to do with the fact that express pass isn't used nearly as much, and the lines keep moving. Lower attendance helps but its not the whole story.
Yes and a bigger thing is guests accept waiting in line at Universal. I know people say Disney has long waits but I'm sure not every ride is going to be over an hour or more.

MrPromey

Overlays vs additions is threefold:
1. PR to act like something is new
2. The appearance of reinvestment meant for fans and long game investors
3. The same or even less operational cost afterward
Which would certainly explain why they almost always end up being a step down in quality to what they're replacing, even though they're given the gift of having some of the most expensive costs covered.

I'd always thought in my mind that it was due to the retrofit - trying to squeeze something that doesn't quite fit into a space designed for something else but when I think about it, they were successful in doing that with Alien Encounter. That failed for a whole different set of reasons but they clearly gave that sucker a budget... What came in to replace that on the other hand...

Stich would fit your formula, perfectly.

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Umm... okay?

Then why in the very first sentience of what you said, did you reference Universal?

:rolleyes:
valid lol.... point i was making was regarding long lines at disney being created bc of FP as people swear to the high heavens & all im saying is that if they went to some truly limited exclusive high priced system those standby lines will still be long and unacceptable to most

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Does anyone want to consider why they saw fastpass+ as a disaster and replaced it in 8 years?

Yes…8 years is a disaster by Disney management standards.

Because that’s kinda more important than the Jeffy -esque “I think it was way better for me!! “ nonsense
they wanted to make money off it which im fine with & for some reason they felt this would have been bad PR charging for something basically exactly the same that was free vs just removing "perks" that people perceived to be "free"

MrPromey

valid lol.... point i was making was regarding long lines at disney being created bc of FP as people swear to the high heavens & all im saying is that if they went to some truly limited exclusive high priced system those standby lines will still be long and unacceptable to most

but with fewer people walking past them each hour to "cut in front" those lines would be moving faster and people would be spending less time in them per attraction.

That's how it works at Universal.

It's simple math.

Add into that the "I'm too good to wait in a line" crowd that now simply bypasses the attraction because they don't have the option to pay to cut in their budget and it makes things run even more smoothly for the people in "standby"..

Hey, remember when standby was for like, people who needed to travel but didn't have a ticket and hoped that someone with a ticket would miss their flight? When did that kind of thinking become a normally accepted scenario to allow Disney to oversell theme park entry without building out more?

Last edited:

bhg469

Remember when standby was for like, people who needed to travel but didn't have a ticket and hoped that someone with a ticket would miss their flight? When did that kind of thinking become a normally accepted scenario to allow Disney to oversell theme park entry without building out more?
I have to laugh because I never thought of the use of the word standby in the context of an airplane.. Standby line definitely feels that way too!!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
but with fewer people walking past them each hour to "cut in front" those lines would be moving faster and people would be spending less time in them per attraction.

That's how it works at Universal.

It's simple math.

Add into that the "I'm too good to wait in a line crowd" that now simply bypasses the attraction because they don't have the option to pay to cut and it makes things run even more smoothly for the people in "standby"..

Remember when standby was for like, people who needed to travel but didn't have a ticket and hoped that someone with a ticket would miss their flight? When did that kind of thinking become a normally accepted scenario to allow Disney to oversell theme park entry without building out more?
as i said time will tell.... all im saying long lines will not disappear especially for the top tier ones

MrPromey

as i said time will tell.... all im saying long lines will not disappear especially for the top tier ones

Agreed on both fronts but if they stop providing line cuts in mass (whatever they want to call it) those long lines will move faster.

Will it be as fast as the line cutting? Obviously not but for everyone in the long line being cut, it'll be a better experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom