Reporting from WDI

RSoxNo1

The guilty until proven innocent approach to ReDisniey E-Dew's posts is somewhat unnerving. The facts are that he has not made any claims out of the realm of possibility, and he has not been flat out rejected by the two known insiders on these forums (Corrus/Lee).

As for those of you that fear his doing this would be in violation of some Non-Disclosure Agreement, I'm not convinced. If that were the case, we wouldn't have any insider information from our other trusted sources (Again, Corrus/Lee). WDWMagic is a very powerful site, and fans like us can potentially make or break an attraction even before it's been opened. It's a form of guerrilla marketing that has become more and more common. I have no idea if that's the intent of ReDisniey E-Dew, Corrus, Lee or any one else on these boards, but I doubt they would be ignorant enough to over share. So much of what has been said on here has been released in small snippets of information, nothing too revealing, but enough to wet our appettites. Things that Disney has meant to keep secrete (namely the Yeti's appearance) has been successfully hidden from the public a lot longer than mini-details about rides that could "potentially come to be".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've heard about this countless times and I looked at the building intently last time I was there, but where exactly is said building located?

(I know we can always count on you, marni to have an aerial shot or plan drawing!)

Thanks!:wave:
Well, I try my best :D

Here`s one of my posts from an earlier interesting thread about Rhine River and WS expansion; you can see what was and what wasn`t completed:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2024044&postcount=139

Epcot82Guy

A free focus group of educated consumers... doesn't sound too bad to the corporate mind. Especially if an unassuming new member has legitimate information but appears with the always-present guise of "not knowing and talking because of NDAs".

Pure speculation on my part, but it's exciting nonetheless. Whatever the reason, welcome to the boards, and please keep sharing. It's fun to think and debate what is coming up.

wolf359

I don't post in these kinds of threads, but... ;)

First, I'm not sure WHY so many people require "rumors" to be TRUE before they're posted. If ALL rumors were true, they wouldn't actually be rumors, would they?

I'm not sure why several people are getting so upset over the info that is being posted. Do you NOT want these rumors to be true, or is it tough to accept that SOME people know more about what is going on at WDW than you? Some people get upset when people know secrets and WON'T share, but get just as upset when others DO share.

How does THAT make sense?

I personally like the option to read what may just be blue-sky ideas for ways to improve the parks, and as is frequently the case, I learn some new tidbit about other aspects of the property. And if it IS true, well, this might just be the beginning of quite an exciting time for WDW. That makes ME happy, though I'm sure it's more ammo for the professional moaners that cruise the forums.

And finally, about the IP stuff. If Disney asked for information about the identity of a particular poster I'd guarantee they'd have exactly what they wanted in about 30 seconds after asking. If anyone has ever read the fine-print of the terms of service of this (or any) message board the admins are under NO obligation to withhold or protect any information involved with the use of this board. Do you seriously think anyone is going to tell Disney "you're going to have to sue me to turn over someone's IP to you."

CrashNet

Lee said:
The large building to house the ride isn't there. Well, the queue part is there, but not the actual ride building. That would cover the space where those trailers are.

Is the queue area where they ended up putting Baergarden (sorry if I spelled it wrong), or is it the shop on the right (if you are looking into Germany)?

PhilharMagician

Since we are talking about possible attraction sites in MK. Dont' forget there is another site that could be available if needed in Tomorrowland where the Skyway was. It is not an extremely large area, but something could be shoehorned in.

PhilharMagician

One thing I wanted to point out is that the original post talked about an E-ticket on WS. The Rhine River ride in Germany was not an E-ticket caliber ride. It was more in the line of El Rio in Mexico. Still it would be nice to have. Now Mt. Fuji in Japan would :zipit:

:lol:

SpenceMan01

The large building to house the ride isn't there. Well, the queue part is there, but not the actual ride building. That would cover the space where those trailers are.

Thanks for the correction. Is the large building on the SE corner of the pavillion entirely taken up by the Biergarten? It seems a bit big to only house the restaurant (and its associated backstage areas), but then again, I've only been in there once and it's been 7 years.

ErinBrookeTX

E-Dew,

I was wondering if you have anymore information on the "mini" themed areas they were talking about placing in major cities. I haven't heard anything lately as to whether they are going forward with the idea or whether it was just a thought they were considering maybe. If so can you give any details that you can give out without getting in trouble? Thanks!:)

Nana birdie

Epcot 25th Anniversary Celebration

Just got home from work. Heard today that there was a 25th Anniversary Celebration task force meeting today - yippee!!!! Maybe we will get at least a little celebration for our our wonderful Epcot. Still stand by what I reported last week that the wand is coming down for the re-opening of SSE in connection with the 25th anniversary. Also heard today that the SSE ride will be the same until you turn around at the top and everything coming down the incline will be NEW. Of course they are going in and cleaning, sprucing up, etc. on the rest of the ride. Heard at a Father's Day barbecue last night that the new restaurant in Italy is going to be completely different than Alfredo's - a brand new concept. Columbia, please no snide remarks today. I just report on what I'm told even if I am a peon. Epcot is the BEST!
Exciting times for Epcot.

Tim G

I'm not so sure. Let's do some decoding, shall we?

ReDisniey E-Dew
backwards is
weD-E yeinsiDeR
change the capitalization
wed-e yeinsider
now spacing
wed eye insider
eye = i
WEDI Insider

:wave:

I always love reverse engineering...

WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider

WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
Now adding a magical "O" and a magical "T"

And came to the conclusion that "Weird Idiot" is more likely... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Enigma

Account Suspended
I always love reverse engineering...

WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider

WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
WEDI Insider
Now adding a magical "O" and a magical "T"

And came to the conclusion that "Weird Idiot" is more likely... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

stop insulting people

WDWFanatic

Amen Enigma

marni How long has the shop under the Tland skyway been closed for? Im suprised with the amount of traffic that bathroom gets there wouldnt be a nice air conditioned place for people waiting for their loved ones to shop while standing out there. its an untapped goldmine, lol are there any pics of it opened?

jedimaster1227

Just got home from work. Heard today that there was a 25th Anniversary Celebration task force meeting today - yippee!!!! Maybe we will get at least a little celebration for our our wonderful Epcot. Still stand by what I reported last week that the wand is coming down for the re-opening of SSE in connection with the 25th anniversary. Also heard today that the SSE ride will be the same until you turn around at the top and everything coming down the incline will be NEW. Of course they are going in and cleaning, sprucing up, etc. on the rest of the ride. Heard at a Father's Day barbecue last night that the new restaurant in Italy is going to be completely different than Alfredo's - a brand new concept. Columbia, please no snide remarks today. I just report on what I'm told even if I am a peon. Epcot is the BEST!
Exciting times for Epcot.

Sources? I heard from my cousin's aunt's brother's friend's sister that they were building an underwater building in Bay Lake for a future Lost-themed attraction... If I were serious about this, I could have at least given a source... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom