Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

Maybe a trestle is coming . . . . View attachment 214795
Not just any trestle, the Tron Trestle that passes by Firewall Rock and then crosses over Data Falls.
rwR072A.png

*Please don't take seriously. I'm bored.

disneygeek90

Cars would be atrocious IMO. One- you don't drive them and Two- what a shocking transition.

They don't need to theme it to an IP. Simply modernizing the queue, track, and vehicles- even as lame as a Test Track-type overlay, would work perfectly next to Tron.

Some fluorescent lights, some screens in the Queue and electric vehicles are all the change it needs. Here's hoping it has no IP.

Its at storybook circus. No clue why anyone would think they add a train stop here, maybe 100 feet from the one by barnstormer :D
I agree. That's the second person to mention Cars. IMO, that would never fit. The Cars are alive, not driven by people. lol.

andysol

I can't elaborate at the mo. But if it goes to plan some will be shocked. This part of the park will be as changed forever as in 1980 and 1992.

When Fantasyland got finished- we knew WDW had 4 areas within the parks that needed addressed as a whole more than any others.

1) Make DAK a whole day park. Between Pandora, RoL, Africa Expansion, Tree of Life and vastly expanded walkways and dining options- we're there.
2) DHS- the whole damned thing. Compared to USF down the road, which opened within a year of it- DHS was an absolute joke. Between Star Wars and Toy Story- they are almost there. Granted, GMR isn't going to be an addition- but TSL is- and SWL replacing LMA is an addition as well. They're getting there.

Which left us with the last 2 ugly herrings- and I would argue even uglier than DAK or DHS' states of need.
And thats Future World and Tomorrowland. Two desolate and outdated concrete jungles in their 2 most popular parks.

So for D23- it sounds like we are finally getting the two biggest blemishes at WDW addressed. Long overdue- and while we might not all agree with exactly what will be added/replaced/etc. The fact life is being breathed into them is a win in my book.

COProgressFan

Don't know why this would even be a question to ask. If SM was going away that would be HUGE NEWS and not buried underneath some other announcement. IOW, it's staying.

No but it is a serious question to ask what happens to Space? Two "futuristic" coasters right next to each other. Space mountain is in rough condition on its own, it would be even more laughable right next to the fancy new Tron coaster.

I don't see how the could do this without a complete overhaul of Space, which it badly needs anyway. Curious to see what the plan is.

TylerFromMI

No but it is a serious question to ask what happens to Space? Two "futuristic" coasters right next to each other. Space mountain is in rough condition on its own, it would be even more laughable right next to the fancy new Tron coaster.

I don't see how the could do this without a complete overhaul of Space, which it badly needs anyway. Curious to see what the plan is.

I am wondering if they'd open Tron to give them the capacity to take Space Mountain offline for awhile? It'd give them an easy way to shift traffic. Granted, that puts a Space refurb right around or after the 50th.

trainplane3

Not sure I like where this is headed. The call center factor, the possibility of two very similar roller coasters next to one another... the Tron coaster making Space Mountain obsolete?

Martin, please give us some reassurance that they're not getting ride of and/or altering Space Mountain for the Tron Coaster.
If anything, this could make Disney want to upgrade Space Mountain for real. Mainly since people will see the difference between a modern coaster and one that's been dragged on for far too long.

flynnibus

Premium Member
With so many different projects supposedly coming... this would be another "Disney decade" kind of launch. I don't see all these things coming through in the next 0-5yrs.... not without the leadership or corporate change to support it. Just seems too square peg/round hole.

Multiple Epcot adds, multiple mk adds, Star Wars, and more... all concurrently? Call me a pessimist

Bocabear

At the speed they build, they would be pushed extremely tight to even think about getting Tron open by 2021, let alone then have time to retrack and refurb Space Mountain...even if shovels hit the ground Monday morning....absolutely not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom