Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I can't elaborate at the mo. But if it goes to plan some will be shocked. This part of the park will be as changed forever as in 1980 and 1992.
Okay, so Behind the speedway but not next to Space Mountain as shown in Krazy Kats picture..... we will be shocked.... this part of the park will be changed forever.... Are you hinting that Storybook Circus area is going to be Tron? Surely not.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is a win, if true. Good replacement for the Speedway imo.

Look, I'm not in love with the Speedway. Yeah, it's traditional for the MK, but I'm OK with updating the mix of attractions. But the key word is "replacement." It's not adding capacity, which is one thing the MK needs...

SpaceMountain77

This is NOT replacing the speedway.

Its plan C.

It's going BEHIND the Speedway.

All will be revealed at weekend.
preview.php.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
That's when Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain opened....

I'm kind of confused ...

Me too. So what was there before BTMR and Splash? Was it a park expansion?

Are they expanding on the other side of the train track? How much room is there between the current boundary and the road?

I'm really excited now. I thought I'd caught up with this (and the other D23 thread), then I come back on and Martin's turned it on it's head! Thanks @marni1971 - again!

And there was me thinking "there's no way they'll announce MK stuff yet, no UK ride, it's all too far off". I honestly thought they'd only confirm Rat, Gondolas and the rest would be Star Wars and Toy Story. Maybe GMR ( :( ).

Jbres_

I can't elaborate at the mo. But if it goes to plan some will be shocked. This part of the park will be as changed forever as in 1980 and 1992.

From this I can draw two things; one, the Tron style coaster isn't going into TL at all and it's going into Frontierland under a different theme OR this is going into a section of the park that hasn't been changed since the opening date such as behind COP.

nickys

Premium Member
From this I can draw two things; one, the Tron style coaster isn't going into TL at all and it's going into Frontierland under a different theme OR this is going into a section of the park that hasn't been changed since the opening date such as behind COP.

There's the CM parking lot back there (behind CoP). it's possible. Although Martin said "behind Speedway", could be semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom