Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Although SM is very much a product of it's time (and crumbling away) It's thematic visage takes design cues from Space-Race Era Retro but with a Modern day color scheme (NASA) it's grounded in the present even though it's representing the future by way of 1940s designs and 1960s ideals. The theme of TRON is also retro but of 1980s flavor, a mashup of that same Space Race era vibe but with a color scheme that mimics futuristic tech. Both share similar retro styles but represent different eras. Imagineering will likely try to marry those two into a cohesive theme. Or they should. They should right?

The question then becomes will Tomorrowland and SM get upgraded to Future World standard or will TRON get Retro-ized to be a part of the same Sci-Fi Space Race theme.

rd805

I see very mixed reactions on Rat being a good ride. A decent ride maybe. If they plus it or change it, that is fine. That is beside the point. Seems like all the innovation goes to Shanghai or Paris and then trickles over here.

Off Topic: Ratatouille is an amazing attraction and will bring brand new effects and experience to WDW. This will be a homerun.

Same can be said with Tron Coaster -- new to WDW!

Grumpy4196

Technically SM is behind Speedway so it is possible that could be whats planned. My question is if this is true can the SM shell be kept with the interior redone to accomodate Tron?

Bacon

Someone said in the comments of such article. "Hearing word that Lightcycle is indeed coming, but it will not replace Speedway, but will (somehow) be put behind Speedway). Speedway will stay with a new theme." Is there any legitimacy @marni1971

rct247

There were plans in place to address the aging Space Mountain track back in 2009. They got cut for budget. Then there were plans to do it before, on, or after the 50th. It really wouldn't surprise me, if they wrap it all together. Marni's year references refer to the opening of Thunder and Splash which affected the train.

thepirateking

@marni1971 seems to be hinting that Tron will be behind the current speedway. A quick view of the map shows Space Mountain is in that location (to some degree). This is likely the large project that prompted the rescheduling of the Splash annual refurb, which is usually the first few 2-3 months of the year, but was done early this year (so early 2018 is available for other work).

Putting Tron inside Space Mountain would be fine with me. Tearing down Space Mountain would be a tragedy. Especially when you consider how critical Space Mountain is to the People Mover / TTA / WedWay.

So... let's talk about the People Mover. Will it live to see 2025? I hope so.

Bacon

@marni1971 seems to be hinting that Tron will be behind the current speedway. A quick view of the map shows Space Mountain is in that location (to some degree). This is likely the large project that prompted the rescheduling of the Splash annual refurb, which is usually the first few 2-3 months of the year, but was done early this year (so early 2018 is available for other work).

Putting Tron inside Space Mountain would be fine with me. Tearing down Space Mountain would be a tragedy. Especially when you consider how critical Space Mountain is to the People Mover / TTA / WedWay.

So... let's talk about the People Mover. Will it live to see 2025? I hope so.
@marni1971 has stated in the past there is no current plans for TTA to close

brb1006

I see very mixed reactions on Rat being a good ride. A decent ride maybe. If they plus it or change it, that is fine. That is beside the point. Seems like all the innovation goes to Shanghai or Paris and then trickles over here.
Don't forget Tokyo Disneysea and Tokyo Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom