• blue metallic rocks
  • colored lighting at night
  • the slim possibility of a Tron coaster

So, basically so far:
  • smooth white rounded shapes
  • bold splashes of color
  • no techno-gears
  • no exposed metallic beams

Any chance these could return... any idea why they were removed...
tomorrowlandsidebefore.jpg
b216b29cb15dab26016d8e246d12dede.jpg
vintageentrance.jpg

Bocabear

Whoa - that theming seems very Epcot Center-esque. Seems very high-end in a way whereas today's architecture & theming seems a little cheap and superficial.

Maybe that's just me.
It was high end! The attractions were concealed with serious, forward thinking , modernist architecture...It was stunning. There seems to have been a problem with the gull-wing waterfalls leaking and overspray on windy days...and I am sure just another thing to maintian... Recent advancememnts in technology could make the leaking and overspray not so much a problem... but I am sure they would never rebuild these epic waterfalls again... the whole look of the original tomorrowland was clean, moern and amazing... and while I do like certain aspects of the refurb, it misses the grandeur of the original gateway.

Buried20KLeague

I've been on it and I loved it. Best coaster Disney's ever made imo. Just the 'bike' riding position alone makes it so unique and new. Only criticism I had about it was the big box everyone could see from inside the park. I think this coaster could work without the outside portion. Than they would be more flexable how they want it to look from the outside. Although the outside portion was the most beautiful part at night. Aaand walking beneath the coaster also was really impressive, so I don't know haha!

I don't think Tron was anywhere CLOSE to the best Disney coaster ever built. It was fun, but no way. And the outdoor portion is sort of the whole draw of the attraction. Especially at night.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Why is the Tron Cycle "Coaster" even being considered? I get that it's popular and high on the list. (It might be greenlit now for all I know) But doesn't that concept just poo-poo on the grandeur of Space Mountain? Why would Disney put a coaster next to a coaster? I'm surprised this isn't being discussed at greater length. I'm all for the Speedway replacement but not for a Coaster. Is this seriously the top choice?

BrianLo

Every armchair imagineer and their mother has been proposing this since we first learned about the attractions existence in like 2010. Realistically it traces back to @WDW1974 or MiceAge if we're really honest.

Of course if Disney is getting rid of a tomorrowland attraction they'd consider cloning a recent successful one. Why is anyone even able to take credit for this rumour, that sounds incredibly unlikely? It had more validity in Disneyland circa 2013...

Add this to the heap with RSR for DHS.

FigmentForver96

BREAKING: Corless is being a baby. Also for those keeping track at home:
Jim and @lentesta talk about a Tron Coaster replacing the Speedway on March 19th
Corless puts up his article on April 5th.
View attachment 199387
He is the biggest complainer and has attention problems. Like in a series of tweets he claims how he wants to have his "followers" spam this site for Magic sending his "lackeys" to spam him. Pathetic

Last edited:

huwar18

For me it's the fluorescents. Why do people think the future will be filled with hi-liter colors?

Didn't you know the future is filled with Retro colors lol...Just kidding. I was wondering the same thing. However, I do like the brighter colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom