Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbinsDad

The background music alone, my God. If I were in a theme park with "The Fellowship" theme playing in the background, I'd probably just go sit on a bench and weep softly to myself for a few hours.

E-tickets through Moria, Helm's Deep, on the Eagles over Mount Doom. A boat ride through Lothlorien and/or Rivendell. Dark ride through Hobbiton.
Build it on the actual Hobbiton set in New Zealand. I know it's still kept up because people travel there to visit it. A LOTR theme park in NZ would be bucket list.

huwar18

I don't think box office success is indicative of how well or poorly something is set up to be a theme park attraction. Characters and world are much more important.
  • Frozen - Huge box office, iconic characters, mediocre world
  • Rogue One, Avatar - Huge box office, mediocre characters, iconic world
  • Star Wars (main saga), Harry Potter - Huge box office, iconic characters, iconic world
  • Song of the South - Irrelevant box office, iconic characters, iconic world

I think they're going to want to keep Star Wars "special" with no more than one film per year.

+ Live action remakes.

I agree that box office success doesn't mean anything for park theming. However, it looks like Disney does take that into factor. That's just my opinion. They don't really promote movies. They wait to see if it is successful or not. Like you said, Song of The South/Splash Mountain is a good example that it doesn't need to be a hit to be a good ride.

38053WDW

I think sometimes a classic ride can be very enjoyable, and a nice break from the "new" ones. There's no special effects, just experiencing, laughing, and having good old fashioned fun.
I feel this way about the Speedway, Tom Sawyer's Island, and the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

You said "break" ... While riding with it my young daughter, her hand on steering wheel, it snapped back when hitting the middle bar bending her thumb... after ride we went over to medical just to have them look at it. they said she was good to go (from what they could tell) spent the next few days having fun .. get home and get it "x-rayed"... fractured thumb and put in temp cast for a few weeks... All is good, just one of our many adventures at our favorite place!

tl77

Tokyo Disneyland is replacing their Speedway with more Fantasyland attractions, half of their Speedway is becoming a Beast Castle ride, (with the full Beast Castle facade they were too cheap to build in Florida) plus a version Gaston's Tavern, the other half is going to be the new home of their "it's a small world", and in their Tomorrowland there will be a Big Hero 6 ride
DRE4906891.jpg

BATBA489674.jpg

BATBA489677.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lans-beauty-the-beast-big-hero-6-attractions/

21stamps

You said "break" ... While riding with it my young daughter, her hand on steering wheel, it snapped back when hitting the middle bar bending her thumb... after ride we went over to medical just to have them look at it. they said she was good to go (from what they could tell) spent the next few days having fun .. get home and get it "x-rayed"... fractured thumb and put in temp cast for a few weeks... All is good, just one of our many adventures at our favorite place!

Oh no!!! Sorry that happened :( Great war story for her to tell later on ;)

The_Mesh_Hatter

Tokyo Disneyland is replacing their Speedway with more Fantasyland attractions, half of their Speedway is becoming a Beast Castle ride, (with the full Beast Castle facade they were too cheap to build in Florida) plus a version Gaston's Tavern, the other half is going to be the new home of their "it's a small world", and in their Tomorrowland there will be a Big Hero 6 ride.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lans-beauty-the-beast-big-hero-6-attractions/

Correct except the part about it's a small world moving

Speedy71

Tokyo Disneyland is replacing their Speedway with more Fantasyland attractions, half of their Speedway is becoming a Beast Castle ride, (with the full Beast Castle facade they were too cheap to build in Florida) plus a version Gaston's Tavern, the other half is going to be the new home of their "it's a small world", and in their Tomorrowland there will be a Big Hero 6 ride
DRE4906891.jpg

BATBA489674.jpg

BATBA489677.jpg

Ikr we get yet another restaurant and...this.
photo-9.jpg

They get an actual attraction...thanks TDO.
sSJQgmW.gif

wdwfan4ver

Doubt it. The ride will be a whip ride like the saucers coming up in Toy Story Land. Can't imagine they will double the ride.
I think Disney could based on what Disney did with Dumbo type Spinners and what they going to do with trackless rides.

Disney has 3 Dumbo type spinners in Magic Kingdom and another one in AK. I believe one of the 2 Star Wars Rides is supposed to be trackless. The rumored Mickey Ride is supposed to Trackless also and Epcot is rumored to get Rat.

FigmentForver96

I think Disney could based on what Disney did with Dumbo type Spinners and what they going to do with trackless rides.

Disney has 3 Dumbo type spinners in Magic Kingdom and another one in AK. I believe one of the 2 Star Wars Rides is supposed to be trackless. The rumored Mickey Ride is supposed to Trackless also and Epcot is rumored to get Rat.
Sure they "could" but I highly doubt they will.

RSoxNo1

Well when Enchanted Tales with Belle and Be Our Guest both have lines and waits like an E-ticket why would they bother giving us an actual ride? That's part of the problem.
Enchanted Tales with Belle has very low capacity. It's an A-ticket attraction in a D-ticket box. That's a problem. Also, FWIW, Enchanted Tales with Belle has a 30 minute wait on one of the busiest days of the year. By comparison Stitch is at 20 right now. Enchanted Tales with Belle was a Chris Beatty fueled, mistake. It was nowhere near ambitious enough.

Be Our Guest isn't a "problem", Be Our Guest is a fantastic addition to a park that desperately needed better dining options. The problem is, they need another comparable scope restaurant in Fantasyland to spread the crowds. Put in a restaurant themed around Elsa's Coronation Day with comparable capacity and the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom