• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

Advertisement
God I hope not... How about wishing for something better... not the same old retread of a not-so-great ride....
There's a need for this type of ride. It doesn't have to be Toy Story themed and it sounds like they've come up with one for Tomorrowland.

azox

So.

What if I said this isn't replacing the speedway?
I am wondering where the other site is getting their info. They just came out and said it's all
Cool!
I could care less about Tron, but looked up this coaster (finally) just the other week, and it is cool!
A great modern addition to the park!
Beautiful and futuristic to look at.
It is a bit odd for it to be located next to another coaster - Space Mountain, but that's only odd for Disney really.

I too think WDW should have this coaster somewhere as I really like the look of Tron. My only concern about putting it into Tomorrowland would be the affect it could have on space mountain long term. Shanghai doesn't have a space mountain. Instead, they built the Tron coaster as their centerpiece. One could almost imply: if we get the Tron coaster in Tomorrowland, does that mean the days of space mountain are be numbered?

If that's the case, then I would not want a tron coaster, since to me space mountain the cornerstone of Tomorrowland.

lazyboy97o

If they do build the Tron coaster, let's hope they do a better job of hiding the show building

It's visible from multiple angles

Its no better on the coaster itself. When reentering the showbuilding you are just going into a warehouse.

The potential for sightline issues with this ride worry me a lot. I don't understand how the view shown in the picture was EVER allowed.
It was overseen by the same guy who blew off Bob Gurr and then delivered an updated monorail that had no ventilation and no longer fit on its beamway.

I don't understand the problem?
It's not as though the building is say Flight of Passage, or Battle Front, where the ride is supposed to be hidden by natural formations.
Or Potter, where we ware supposed to be in some far off land of castles and dragons.
I don't get how seeing the Tron building ruins anything.
It’s a giant warehouse. It has no visual connection to anything else, including the roof structure that ate up so much money.

COProgressFan

Space Mountain is staying right???????

Anyone, anyone, bueller...
Curious about this too. It seems odd to have 2 coasters right next to each other with such a similar theme. One themed to be futuristic and one themed to be futuristic...if it were still 1977 and the future included rickety tracks, music you can barely hear, and a dirty roof.

How do they reconcile these issues? How you do you sustain Space Mountain when it would be inferior to the shiny new coaster right next door?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom