1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by phruby, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

Replacing the Jungle Cruise?

2. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

In Jim's defense, the Moana thing was put out there as an idea being discussed, not one that will necessarily happen.

EricsBiscuit, brb1006 and clemmo like this.
  3. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

Not like it's going to happen, but at this point I'd be happy with a Wreck It Ralph attraction and a Tron attraction. Swap out the Speedway with Sugar Rush (this also involves new, clean energy cars) and create a high tech Tron ride (though maybe not the Shanghai coaster). I guess the things that really bug me about the Shanghai Tron coaster is that a) it goes outside and b) it doesn't zap you into an arcade game.

I know that this would be yet another expensive queue, but it would be great if Disney could incorporate some sort of illusion to make it look like you are becoming a part of the game. Line the queue with arcade games, and when you scan your magic band, some sort of electric pulse takes you into the next section of the queue where there's lots of blacklight, projections of other Tron games, and Daft Punk. I don't really have a vision for the ride itself, other than it needs to be entirely indoors. Maybe they could put it where Buzz is now if the Speedway stays?

4. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

If they turn Buzz into a Tron shooter ride ... blech. (Not that I would care or miss Buzz ... sorry to those who like it). Not saying they are but if Tron isn't a coaster ... that leaves a dark ride.

So when are they turning Test Track into Radiator Springs Racers? Since we're getting IPs everywhere ... and yes I'm kidding. I hope.

5. clemmo

clemmo Well-Known Member

No new build in adventure land or the whole MK? While no new build would be disappointing I'd hope they at least replace the things that should be replaced/updated SGE, Buzz, Speedway

6. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Adventureland. From what I know.

7. uncle jimmy

uncle jimmy Well-Known Member

From what you wrote about the queue, I'm picturing something like the mirror/ doorway in the enchanted tales with Belle and how it opens up... How cool would it be for the arcade game open up and you move inside. ;)

And a Sugar Rush speedway is a perfect blend for Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land! Build Tron behind a sugar rush mountain.

8. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

Adventureland stuff has been in the works since before Moana became a hit. I don't want to be Mr. "things are happening but they might change", but it's a fact that interns and others in creative were hired for a significant project in Adventureland around a year ago.

9. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Moana not being a new build would seem to point to Tiki Room....what other space could it occupy?

10. RunnerEd

RunnerEd Well-Known Member

Every time I see Expedition: Everest, I think the same thing. That thing is the Lonely Mountain, change up the queue decorations, replace the two Yeti scenes with Smaug, and there you go. Bulldoze DinoLand and build Esgaroth with sight lines to the mountain and we have LOTR!

jbolen2 and larryz like this.
  11. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Sounds like Moana taking over the Tiki room to me ...

12. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Let me reiterate, as far as I know (which isn't everything by a long shot) nothing is definite yet.

13. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

Test Track is a barren (boring) wasteland compared to RSR.

atighe42 likes this.
  14. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I'm personally not fond of Tron Track even if the sleeker version "fits" better. I'd welcome a Cars overlay (sorry all I know I'll get stoned for saying that!). But it doesn't at all fit the theme ... I mean characters are here to stay so ... I've kind of given up hoping for a traditional non character Epcot.

JenniferS likes this.
  15. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid Epcot doesn't have the space for it, either. I think the scenery of Cars Land is arguably better than the actual ride itself. It’s a shame we wouldn’t have the room with the current setup. I’m not sure what the solution is to TT, but I agree. While it looks cooler, and the car design is kind of unique, I think I preferred the older theme of the ride much better. There’s just nothing happening in the current ride besides fancy blue lights.

teruterubouzu, JenniferS and Kman101 like this.
  16. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

I agree.

With pan keep the same concept (suspended looking down) go to double row cars and other changes to increase capacity but rebuild show scenes from ground up including some scenes at ride level (vs all scenes below you) some good cloud effects could play put here. Captain hooks boat flying up out of clouds to get you ect.

Space mountain could have track entirely rebuild with modern trim sections and better banking to make it a new flare on a classic and throw in a few really cool show scene rooms. Redo lift so it's not obnoxiously loud.

EricsBiscuit and jt04 like this.
  17. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

Big tower fountains?

18. RobbinsDad

RobbinsDad Well-Known Member

Does this have to do with the balloon test Len Testa hinted at recently?

SosoDude and jt04 like this.
  19. Clamman73

Clamman73 Well-Known Member

Well they just painted the rocks where the towers once stood...I take it more of how that new Joffrey's stand is with its 70's Tomorrowland retro nod...take that look and apply to the rest of the land...having a cleaner, simplified, open and cosmetically adhesive Land.

20. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

That appears tied to the Adventureland rumor.

EricsBiscuit, PorterRedkey and jt04 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.