Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

If they turn Buzz into a Tron shooter ride ... blech. (Not that I would care or miss Buzz ... sorry to those who like it). Not saying they are but if Tron isn't a coaster ... that leaves a dark ride.

So when are they turning Test Track into Radiator Springs Racers? Since we're getting IPs everywhere ... and yes I'm kidding. I hope.
Test Track is a barren (boring) wasteland compared to RSR.

Kman101

Test Track is a barren (boring) wasteland compared to RSR.

I'm personally not fond of Tron Track even if the sleeker version "fits" better. I'd welcome a Cars overlay (sorry all I know I'll get stoned for saying that!). But it doesn't at all fit the theme ... I mean characters are here to stay so ... I've kind of given up hoping for a traditional non character Epcot.

disneygeek90

I'm personally not fond of Tron Track even if the sleeker version "fits" better. I'd welcome a Cars overlay (sorry all I know I'll get stoned for saying that!). But it doesn't at all fit the theme ... I mean characters are here to stay so ... I've kind of given up hoping for a traditional non character Epcot.
I'm afraid Epcot doesn't have the space for it, either. I think the scenery of Cars Land is arguably better than the actual ride itself. It’s a shame we wouldn’t have the room with the current setup. I’m not sure what the solution is to TT, but I agree. While it looks cooler, and the car design is kind of unique, I think I preferred the older theme of the ride much better. There’s just nothing happening in the current ride besides fancy blue lights.

matt9112

Space Mountain and Peter Pan's Flight need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I agree.

With pan keep the same concept (suspended looking down) go to double row cars and other changes to increase capacity but rebuild show scenes from ground up including some scenes at ride level (vs all scenes below you) some good cloud effects could play put here. Captain hooks boat flying up out of clouds to get you ect.

Space mountain could have track entirely rebuild with modern trim sections and better banking to make it a new flare on a classic and throw in a few really cool show scene rooms. Redo lift so it's not obnoxiously loud.

Clamman73

Big tower fountains?
Well they just painted the rocks where the towers once stood...I take it more of how that new Joffrey's stand is with its 70's Tomorrowland retro nod...take that look and apply to the rest of the land...having a cleaner, simplified, open and cosmetically adhesive Land.

stini228

Now if TDO wanted to improve the Tron coaster, by adding a second Red track that intertwined with the blue track, I may change my tune. MK needs a new E-ticket for the 50th, I just hope it is not the Shanghai version of the Tron ride. Even if we get a coaster if would be nice to be something different, like a suspended rollercoaster instead of Tron.

Man...talk about childhood dreams coming true!

Phicinfan

I am confused on what is what right now.... what are the latest current upmtomthe date rumors
i am with you. For MK :
TL - new name?
Stitch - replaced
CoP - updated ending
Speedway - some tron type of replacement, possibly two rides in that area, not just one. One option is to just spruce up speedway
Adventureland - Tiki birds are gone - some type of Moana replacement...no idea of what.
There was a long, long old rumor of some ride going near BTMRR - but I haven't heard anything on that for forever.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Let me reiterate, as far as I know (which isn't everything by a long shot) nothing is definite yet.
So many news articles this week about being immersed in the land of Pandora, SWL, TSL and The magical world of Harry Potter...
Do you think Tomorrowland will become an immersed like these lands?
Very very blue sky from Jim Hill and @lentesta. That a consideration is being made to dust off the Fire mountain plans with a Moana theme.
Where could this attraction even go?

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Just do Fire Mountain - all original and then make the "Fire Mountain" movie in a few years.

Moana was fun, but I am not sure I need a Moana attraction.

So many news articles this week about being immersed in the land of Pandora, SWL, TSL and The magical world of Harry Potter...
Do you think Tomorrowland will

Where could this attraction even go?

Fire Mountain was tied to Atlantis The Lost Empire as the original concept. As for the placement, it would be outside the train tracks if I understood Jim correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom