Replacement Band for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Bairstow

so how would they do the preshow?

Same way they did the preshow for Tower of Terror, I suppose. Archival footage, sound-a-likes, and a touch of CGI.
If they did re-theme for any kind of vintage '70s band, it could be kind of neat if they themed the rest of the G-Force Records building to take you back in time, gradually and subtely. The recording equipment and concert posters on the walls would slowly get older and older as you approach the pre-show. You could have a lot of fun re-theming the queue music too, especially if instead of a random loop of rock music it was all '70s classics with an imitation vintage radio DJ, maybe doing a "Happy New Year 1977!" show or something with vintage radio ads and everything. Heck, maybe it would be more fun to just re-theme the whole building as a radio station rather than a recording studio. It wouldn't be that hard.

powlessfamily4

Bingo.

It has to be someone with a catalog of music that most everyone knows and fits the ride. Bon Jovi, besides being my favorite band easily fits the bill: Livin' on a Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name, Bad Medicine, Wanted Dead or Alive. Those are 4 that come to mind that everybody would know. There are others, just like with Aerosmith, that not everyone would know, but would like.

Heck yeah! I'm with you. I LOVE Aerosmith but I would equally LOVE Bon Jovi! ;)

captainkidd

I like all these choices - Rush, Foo Fighters, Queen. Problem is, they're not as universally known as a band like Aerosmith or Bon Jovi. You need to have a band that everybody knows, recognizes the singer, and everyone will know at least a half dozen of their songs.

captainkidd

I'd say that sums up Queen much better than Aerosmith, no?

Eh, I don't think so. Steven Tyler is far more recognizable than Freddie Mercury. Queen has a couple of great rock tunes, but they're not as universal as Walk This Way, Love in an Elevator, Sweet Emotion, Dude Looks Like A Lady.

Queen hit their peak of popularity in the US after Freddie died.

cynic710

i hate to even talk about this because i am a huge aerosmith fan and love that they have a ride in my favorite place away from home. but if i had to replace them, i would narrow it down to queen, van halen (hot for teacher beginning would be awesome in pre launch), journey or the stones.

why not a colaboration of a few bands prior to riding, rip it rock it style? the preshow can be an epic concert of all the greats coming together, and you can chose what to listen to while riding?

for me, pre-launch is hot for teacher, first loop i enter i want some bohemian rahpsody, then the meat of the ride could be aerosmith as usual. love in an elevator is perfect roller coaster music :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
How about if they just do "Generic Made Up Rock Band Alpha" and rotate a bunch of different rock music through the ride, so that it seems more random. You don't really know what song you are going to get when you get on.
Insulates them from something tragic (like, what happens if Steven Tyler gets killed in a tragic alpaca stampede or something tomorrow, do they have to close the ride out of respect?, how long does it need to stay closed, etc).

The Empress Lilly

i hate to even talk about this because i am a huge aerosmith fan and love that they have a ride in my favorite place away from home. but if i had to replace them, i would narrow it down to queen, van halen (hot for teacher beginning would be awesome in pre launch), journey or the stones.
Yes, hands off of Aerosmith! I think they are perfect for the ride, I don't need them replaced.

Van Halen would be awesome! I want Eruption for the launch! Then Jump. Can you imagine how cool that would be!

* brings iPod to next ride *

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom