Replacement Band for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Dads 2 Boys

So, not sure if it has been discussed before (and if it has, I apologize) but which band would you like to see go in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster if Aerosmith doesn't renew, etc.?

I would love to see Rush to be featured, personally. They're one of the few "classic rock" bands that are still relevant, producing new (and great) work and they're the fourth best selling band in the world behind only the Beatles, the Stones and Kiss.

Also, if anyone has ever seen them live, you know what a great sense of humor Alex, Neil and Geddy have. I can definitely see the preshow filled with humor, much like the intro video from the Snakes and Arrows tour or the two intro vids from the Time Machine Tour.

Finally, the music fits a rollercoaster well, I think. Imagine that launch and hearing "Tom Sawyer," "YYZ" or "Fly by Night?"

So what do y'all think?

Cannot agree with you more but I cannot see it ever happening.....not enough general popularity. The intro to "Dreamline" be played right @ take off.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
Cannot agree with you more but I cannot see it ever happening.....not enough general popularity. The intro to "Dreamline" be played right @ take off.

YES! "Dreamline" would be perfect! Imagine all the cool lighting effects you could do when Alex's guitar does that "bah bah bah" thing... yes! Also, "A Passage to Bangkok" would be great for a coaster ride.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster

As "dark" as a song it is...Red Sector A would be sweet! All red lights! haha

Imagine Queen in the preshow lines. Radio Gaga blaring, everyone clapping along...

Great song!! That would make for a fun ride!

PyroKinesis

Of course, I disapprove of a Queen-themed ride, because Queen died when Freddie did. The best thing they have done lately was that piece during the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics. Freddie getting the entire crowd to sing along to his improv from the grave, man, chills.

RIP Freddie.

copcarguyp71

While it would definitely not be in the PC Disney repertoire I think some Rage Against The Machine would be pretty awesome on a roller coaster but probably not quite homogenized enough for the masses. Strictly speaking as music that would be fun to listen to anyway.

menamechris

I think when the time comes that Aerosmith is irrelevant in pop-culture, that is when they should theme it to a gangster getaway

I agree with this completely. While I agree most of the replacement bands suggested would be fun - the average guest would be completely clueless as to who they are (and that will only get worse as time marches on). Aerosmith was already a stretch - the only reason why they are a bit more familiar now is because of Steven Tyler's gig on American Idol.

Once Disney decides it is time for a change with the coaster - I think it needs to be a retheme to go with the "1920's Hollywood" atmosphere. Why they didn't do this in the first place truly is beyond me...

invader

Aerosmith is still very relevant. They have an album coming out on November 6th, and Steven Tyler was a judge on American Idol (though I'm not sure that counts, does anyone even watch that show anymore?). I don't see them going anywhere for a very long time.

Should it come down to someone taking it over I could see AC/DC getting it. Them, Queen, Pink Floyd or Rolling Stones wouldn't be bad.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
As long as its not Nickelback or the Fray (or any tween stars) I'll be happy. The Fray Sucks.

To say I like the Fray would be a lie, but I do catch myself singing along with the two or three songs they have on the radio, if they come on...and you know, admitting you have a problem is the first step haha

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
Aerosmith is still very relevant. They have an album coming out on November 6th, and Steven Tyler was a judge on American Idol (though I'm not sure that counts, does anyone even watch that show anymore?). I don't see them going anywhere for a very long time.

Should it come down to someone taking it over I could see AC/DC getting it. Them, Queen, Pink Floyd or Rolling Stones wouldn't be bad.

Pink Floyd would be interesting...you think you'd get Waters and Gilmour together long enough to do the preshow? The music for the ride is one thing, but I think it's important to have a band that's willing to be fun and do the preshow also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom