Replacement Band for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Enchantâmes

To say I like the Fray would be a lie, but I do catch myself singing along with the two or three songs they have on the radio, if they come on...and you know, admitting you have a problem is the first step haha
The lead singer sounds like he is both whining and slurring his words when he sings, its torture.

CP_alum08

Regardless of the band, it needs to be a timeless rock and roll band and there only a handful to pick from. Changing it from Aerosmith to the Rolling Stones isn't going to change the ride any, just the soundtrack, so I don't see how it would benefit the ride at all.

I love Rush, seen them a few times, but their music isn't for everyone so I don't think it would work. The Beatles, while obviously timeless, aren't rock enough to fit with the theme. I think the Stones, KISS, or Queen would all be good choices, but again I don't see how changing the soundtrack would improve the ride at all.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Of course, I disapprove of a Queen-themed ride, because Queen died when Freddie did. The best thing they have done lately was that piece during the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics. Freddie getting the entire crowd to sing along to his improv from the grave, man, chills.

RIP Freddie.

As someone fortunate enough to have seen the original line up and the Paul Rodgers variant, Freddie was a great frontman, Rodgers just happens to be a better vocalist. The popularity of the Queen musical would indicate that few share your opinion.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Five Finger Death Punch would be my vote, either that or the latest in house manufactured pop queen with a 6 month shelf life from the Disney talent farm. That would be far more in keeping with the pre pubescent female demographic favoured by WDW management.

real mad hatter

Well for me it would be Rush.Have been a fan since 1974,and interviewed them in 1977 at Glasgow Apollo where I got my photo taken with them.I still have the cassette tape of my interview.Cant wait till May30th to see the clockwork angel tour.; Roll the bones boys.

John

I think re-themeing RNR would be a waste of money that could be used in other needy areas. Aerosmith is timeless. For the sake of discussion I think that Kiss wouldnt be a bad choice. Although not the worlds biggest Kiss fan I could see it....given their theatrical performances.Who dosnt know Kiss when they are seen in costume and makeup. You can easily see Kiss members walking around the area posing for pictures.....and what other band is better at merch sales then Kiss?

Considering song choices I think BOSTON would be a nice fit, the guitar licks would be perfect for a coaster. But besides rock music fans no one really knows who Tommy Sholz is. Steven Tyler is a much more Iconic figure. RUSH ? Seen them many times, love thier music....just dont see them having a very wide appeal, again only real rock fans know who Geddy Lee & co. are. The general audience probably couldnt name one song. Rolling Stones would probably be the best choice IF they were going to retheme it. WHo dosnt know who the Stones are? They have a world wide appeal and are truly timeless. But I think to get them to sign on would be financially impossible. When it comes to DHS the themeing of RNR is the least of that parks problems.

jonesenon4

first option keep aerosmith obviously. next option kiss or surprise choice molly hatchet just think about it a florida band to start with .and then you have the songs that would fit perfect with the ride flirting with disaster and gator country would be perfect for the ride.

Powerline

The only song I kept thinking about while riding RnR was Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crüe. I think it'd work much better for a roller coaster than any song I can think of.

copcarguyp71

Daft Punk or DeadMaus

Brilliant! Daft Punk had never occurred to me but I do like the idea (and I am certainly no electronica fan). In fact if Test Track does not end up too Tronie a re-theme of RnR to a Tronesque flight ride would be pretty cool too if they wanted to incorporate an actual movie (groundbreaking idea I know) to keep with the DHS theme. I never fully understood what RnR had to do with Hollywood but thoroughly enjoy the ride so I toss my logic to the winds and enjoy it for what it is.

PyroKinesis

As someone fortunate enough to have seen the original line up and the Paul Rodgers variant, Freddie was a great frontman, Rodgers just happens to be a better vocalist. The popularity of the Queen musical would indicate that few share your opinion.

Paul Rodgers? Really?! You have to be kidding me. Freddie was the greatest vocalist of all time. Just listen to "The Show Must Go On" which he recorded pretty much from his death bed, and then come back here and tell me he wasn't the greatest vocalist of all time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom