Replacement Band for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

luv

I never heard of "The Fray" before and I DO know who Geddy Lee is.

Old, old...why must these boards keep reminding me that I am old???

Keith Richards is a lot older than I am, though...and obviously still popular. Of course, he's still blitzed a lot and falling out of palm trees. I'm not as cool as he is.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
Well for me it would be Rush.Have been a fan since 1974,and interviewed them in 1977 at Glasgow Apollo where I got my photo taken with them.I still have the cassette tape of my interview.Cant wait till May30th to see the clockwork angel tour.; Roll the bones boys.

They'll be in town Nov. 1st but this will be the first time in 8 years I haven't seen them live (thanks, grad school!) so I guess I'll wait for the DVD for this tour. Why are we here? Because we're here, roll the bones!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Original Poster
RUSH ? Seen them many times, love thier music....just dont see them having a very wide appeal, again only real rock fans know who Geddy Lee & co. are. The general audience probably couldnt name one song.

Boston would be neat... Foreplay/Longtime would be fun! Also, Rush...you know where they are huge? BRAZIL haha

I never heard of "The Fray" before and I DO know who Geddy Lee is.

Old, old...why must these boards keep reminding me that I am old???

Keith Richards is a lot older than I am, though...and obviously still popular. Of course, he's still blitzed a lot and falling out of palm trees. I'm not as cool as he is.

I'm not that old and I know who Geddy Lee is.... not sure if that's a good or bad thing haha

Daft Punk would be better suited for an in-train Space Mountain soundtrack I believe.

I agree, Daft Punk would make a great soundtrack for SM! If we get a Tron coaster, though... then that'll be settled

The only song I kept thinking about while riding RnR was Kickstart My Heart byMötley Crüe. I think it'd work much better for a roller coaster than any song I can think of.

That would be awesome, with the launch!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Paul Rodgers? Really?! You have to be kidding me. Freddie was the greatest vocalist of all time. Just listen to "The Show Must Go On" which he recorded pretty much from his death bed, and then come back here and tell me he wasn't the greatest vocalist of all time
Paul Rodgers? Really?! You have to be kidding me. Freddie was the greatest vocalist of all time. Just listen to "The Show Must Go On" which he recorded pretty much from his death bed, and then come back here and tell me he wasn't the greatest vocalist of all time
He wasnt the greatest singer of all time. a great front man and performer yes, but singer,you are having a giraffe.

menamechris

The only song I kept thinking about while riding RnR was Kickstart My Heart byMötley Crüe. I think it'd work much better for a roller coaster than any song I can think of.

That's available for your riding pleasure at Universal Studios. Disney would be smart (at the expense of copying Universal) to come up with a similar concept if they needed to replace Aerosmith - give people the option of what style/artist they want to listen to on the ride...

Disneykidder

I, too, would like to see Aerosmith remain. I can't see them not wanting to stay but if they do go I think a band that is well know and liked by many should take their place. Rush, Led Zep...those kinds of bands aren't liked by everyone. It needs to be a Bon Jovi type band.

Fable McCloud

I would actually love to be able to hear "Big Bottoms" while on a roller coaster...

They play that at Six Flags New England when you ride the Bizarro (formerly Superman:Ride of Steel). It made me feel like I was flying through the air as Tony Stark in the Iron Man suit rather than zipping around as either Superman or Bizarro...

Stick with Aerosmith, they're a great fit for that ride. Also, cruising in the dark to "Dude Looks Like A Lady" is fun as heck.

Though I guess, if I HAD to pick a different band....Queen or Alice Cooper would be a lovely next choice ;)

captainkidd

I, too, would like to see Aerosmith remain. I can't see them not wanting to stay but if they do go I think a band that is well know and liked by many should take their place. Rush, Led Zep...those kinds of bands aren't liked by everyone. It needs to be a Bon Jovi type band.

Bingo.

It has to be someone with a catalog of music that most everyone knows and fits the ride. Bon Jovi, besides being my favorite band easily fits the bill: Livin' on a Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name, Bad Medicine, Wanted Dead or Alive. Those are 4 that come to mind that everybody would know. There are others, just like with Aerosmith, that not everyone would know, but would like.

Obi

if had to replace aerosmith, then a few bands would be good like bon jovi, kiss (as previously mentioned can merch it better than everyone else), like rush especially spirit of the radio but i just don't see it happening. crue would be good kickstart my heart would be a great song to start it all.

gives me an idea for a thread...

Zipadeelady

All the bands listed are great to listen to with the exception of Jonas Bros ;) and Daft Punk? what ever the heck that is but it would have to be Bon Jovi. Not to heavy and everyone knows them. Plus seeing Jon for the pre show would be a nice yummy treat! :)

neoshinok

California Adventure at one point had a RnRc planned, to feature the music of No Doubt! I think that would be great, because that's their hometown.

My pick for DHS

captainkidd

if had to replace aerosmith, then a few bands would be good like bon jovi, kiss (as previously mentioned can merch it better than everyone else), like rush especially spirit of the radio but i just don't see it happening. crue would be good kickstart my heart would be a great song to start it all.

gives me an idea for a thread...

I'm a HUGE Crue fan, but I think they might just be a tad too riske for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom